Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,691 members, 7,948,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:09 AM

Low Mileage Discussion Thread - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Low Mileage Discussion Thread (428 Views)

SOLD SOLD SOLD Registered 2008 Nissan Rogue (buy And Drive, low mileage ) 1.7M / SOLD!!!011 Toyota Camry LE... Nice Alloy Rims, Low Mileage. @ 1.7m / SOLD SOLD!Used Super Clean 2011 Honda Pilot For Sale (low Mileage. Full Option) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Low Mileage Discussion Thread by saintjoel(m): 7:26am On Feb 09, 2015
Low mileage for cars and SUVs.

I'm a custom licensed agent and I also help buy vehicles from cotonou,also clear them through customs with valid duty papers but as smooth as this job may seem,mileage seems to be something agents,dealers and importers haven't been able to agree on.

Mileage is measured by the odometer has miles/kilometers but in this illustration I'll be using km as examples,then I'll later explain with miles. I'll also be using a frequently asked question I treated in one of my post as an example.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.

Q : HOW DO CALCULATE MILEAGE FOR VEHICLES AND HOW DO YOU KNOW IF MILEAGE HAS BEEN ROLLED BACK?

A : Mileage has always caused serious issues between importers,agents,car dealers and end users. Many end users have been hoodwinked into believing that only vehicles with low mileages can perform and at the end of everything,the purchased vehicles with the assumed low mileages break down and the become daily visitors to the mechanic.

Whenever you're checking out vehicles,there's an assumed we use for detecting the actual mileage of vehicles and it's 15,000 for cars and 25,000 for SUVs.

For example - If a car was manufactured in 2001,it's calculated as 2015 - 2001 = 14,then when you multiply 15,000km to the 14 year gap,it becomes 15,000*14=210,000km.

This means that when you're buying a car manufactured in 2001,the least mileage to expect will be around 170,000km and for an heavy user,it'll will be 230,000km. So if a 2001 model car has 75,000 mileage,the buyer should run a comprehensive VIN check before purchase and the same calculation is also applicable to SUVs too.

For american cars with miles,all you need to do is ask the dealer/check the odometer to see if it's measured in miles and multiply the mileage with 0.62 and you'll get the mileage in kilometers. What it means is that if you're buying a vehicle and suggest to a dealer that you don't need a car with 75,000Km and he later sells the car with 46,000miles without telling you it's in miles,you've been scammed into buying the same mileage you wanted to avoid.

Quoting ubiquitousade on Nairaland, "It amuses me when some buyers expect a 13 years old car to have a mileage lower than 120,000km. Its an anomaly that needs to be corrected.

In 2013 I saw a Camry 2007 Nigerian used with less than 60k mileage a guy wants to sell. That is the level some peeps can descend to in order to make a sale".I've even seen where customers will ask for cars manufactured in 1999 with 30,000 mileage.

MILEAGE DOESN'T MAKE A GOOD VEHICLE,IT ALL DEPENDS ON USAGE AND TITLE DEED,I've seen cars with 230,000miles and they're still performing better than some cars with 60,000 miles. Customers have been so fixated with the idea of low mileage that they tend to overlook other issues when it comes to purchasing vehicles.

BEWARE,THAT LOW MILEAGE YOU'RE SEEKING FOR MIGHT HAVE BEEN ROLLED BACK AND YOU'LL END UP WITH A FAULTY VEHICLE WITH LOW MILEAGE.

We hope we've been able to settle the issue of mileage once again and this post is the opinion of the O.P,if you've a contrary opinion,feel free to drop your comments,thanks.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Re: Low Mileage Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 09, 2015
#thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

2005 Lexus Gx470 Full Optioned Reverse Camera Dvd @ N2.6m 08186921703 / 2008 Honda CRV Full Option For Sale / An Extremely Clean Naija Used Toyota Camry For Sale 07011932398

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.