Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,174 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:59 PM

An Awesome Piece On The Nigerian Dream - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Awesome Piece On The Nigerian Dream (725 Views)

Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream / Biafra;i Don’t Want Another Country, A Beautiful Piece On Biafra- Vanguard / My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Awesome Piece On The Nigerian Dream by Youngandactive: 9:10am On Feb 09, 2015
THE NIGERIAN DREAM

All I see today is young Nigerians arguing without facts, disconnected from the nation’s history, having NO knowledge of the past, with defeated hope of the future. No ability to construct proper synonyms, but making analysis based on absence of adequate knowledge. The Egyptians new what they wanted and held the nation to ransom, also in Hong Kong, cos they had adequate information on the issues at hand. But at the moment, we don't have an intelligent society. We don't read yet we proffer solutions. How can you proffer solutions to something you know nothing about? Wake up Nigerians from your slumber. We only make analysis based on what another says, we lack information, brain power, we possess knowledge gap, yet we make analysis. How sad. Someone who knows nothing about nothing demands change. What is change if I may ask? We really don't have an idea. Change doesn't always mean a positive upward movement, it can also mean a downward trend, backward motion. And before you ask for it, you analyse situations on ground, in the past, with facts and figures and not just sentiments, and then you try to (based on this terms) predict the future. Now if the future shows a decline from the progress of the past and detach from the present, then you have all full rights to demand change. But when you have no information about nothing but drawn from social media, TV screens, newspapers and we keep shouting change, then we might be riding on the winds which is without substance and is therefore a journey to nowhere. Lots of people who are guilty of cheating in schools want change, people who jump queues want change, people who cannot keep to a route on the road but shunt want change, people who are guilty of forging results want change, people who cheat on their girl/boyfriends want change, adulterers want change, people guilty of murders and extortion, corruption and oppression, want change and the list goes on. Nobody want to change personally to effect the change but we build hypocritical structures that cannot stand the test of time. Its time Nigerians wake up and put in proper perspective where we need to be. Its time for Nigerians to stop looking at TV screens and start using mirrors (TV screens shows others, mirrors show you). It’s time for Nigerians to start developing leaders who have a history of making upward strides at the grass roots, touching lives at the base levels. It’s time for Nigerians to understand that a downward trend people cannot choose an upward leader, they will chose for themselves a downward trend leaders. It’s time for Nigerians to build a lifestyle of integrity. Before you ask for change, change yourself first. Make changes in that little space around you (I mean upward trend changes). We also have to realize that the Presidential seat is not solely responsible for the happenings in the country that is why he deepens his rule through the governors, Local Government chairmen and Councillors. We also have representatives of the people like the Legislature (in our case the House of Representatives and the Senate). It’s time to get really knowledgeable about these things and how they operate and affect our everyday lives. There is so much to know. Don't stop at knowing until you are sure you really know. What we need in Nigeria is not a partisan change but a structural change; we need a vision, a dream, a plan, a road map and we drive in the direction of that plan. What makes you think the change certain politicians are canvassing for is the change you are referring to. It’s not a war to kill people, but a war to kill our wrong mentalities. We have been slaves to our past and therefore have related with our future with the same mind-set. It’s time we begin to think properly and build a Nigeria that will stand the test of time through generations. Our children will not forgive us if we don't succeed in doing this. This is the time for a revolution, but not partisan (because the person who you are supporting in the APC may soon decamp to PDP and vice versa, so what becomes of you?). Please if you believe in this, then pass this around, let’s create an awakening, a revolution, not partisan but a dream, instilled in every Nigeria. We have today the American dream, we can have the Nigerian Dream too. We don't have to begin to individually tackle all areas of the Nation like education, agriculture, research, and the likes, no, a Dream can take us there. A Dream is a holistic picture of the future which once imbibed, direction becomes an easy decision to make. It’s not GMB thing or GEJ thing, it is a Nigeria thing, it is called the Nigerian Dream. Politicians only succeed in manipulating you to think like them therefore getting what they have longed for, but we can go beyond them and build a Nigeria that works regardless of what party is in power. Now this is going to happen, some will read this and get challenged to foster unity and build a new Nigeria of their dreams, while others will read it and get angry and resort to insults and abuse. But to whatever direction you chose, put the Nigerian Dream first, it is worth living for. I SALUTE THE NIGERIAN NATION, I SALUTE THE NIGERIAN DREAM. PLEASE PASS THIS ON, IT’S TIME TO BE PROUD OF YOUR COUNTRY NIGERIA

Written by Prince A.I Csquard

https://www.facebook.com/YoungAndActiveNigeria/posts/1782407888650302

Re: An Awesome Piece On The Nigerian Dream by Crocz(m): 9:15am On Feb 09, 2015
The number of times the author of this nicely written article but devoid of focus and direction, saddled with unverified facts, mentioned "we" as a form of generalisation is alarming. You cannot make a generalisation solely based on your own perspective or opinion ...to say Nigerians lack sufficient information and knowledge about their political environment, to me, is ludicrous.

I actually was hoping he'd make a reference to past survey or research to that end but all he's done is nicely construct a basis for argument...even the less educated Nigerians knows the state of things. I'd seen a fulani man with his heard of cattle listening to Fulfude news. The internet, modern means of access to information and Nigeria is ranked 4th among it users.

Now to the change aspect...yes, change can swing both direction but when people yearn for it, it's mostly towards the positive side. 17 LG ceded to BH, economy collapsing, electricity? grin , water? cheesy ,network providers extorting Nigerians, unemployment is at all time high, corruption dancing Zulezu's kerewa...now tell me, how worse can things get?

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Versus Buhari / Politics Podium Back In Those Days / OPC Doesn’t Participate In Politcal Rally –adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.