Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,644 members, 7,948,453 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Stray Bullet Falls Out Of Baby's Diaper In Church - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Stray Bullet Falls Out Of Baby's Diaper In Church (752 Views)

Ghana Looks To IMF For Salvation As Cedi Falls By 40% / Thief Falls Asleep During Robbery / Unidentified Man Falls From Sky In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stray Bullet Falls Out Of Baby's Diaper In Church by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2009
http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=9606237

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC-TV) - 7-month-old Mi-Asia Anderson was all smiles on New Year's Day, but her screams filled the sanctuary of Greater Faith Tabernacle during midnight service the previous night.

"I picked her up and tried to give her 'binky', 'cause 'binky' normally calm her down," said her mother Jewell Anderson."But 'binky' didn't work."

Anderson says she carried her crying daughter to the bathroom, where she discovered a different kind of surprise in the baby's diaper. "The bullet fell out."

A stray bullet that lodged itself in the child's diaper may have been fired from a reveler's gun outside in the surrounding neighborhood. The church's metal roof and ceiling surely slowed the speed of the the bullet.

"When I saw that bullet, all I could do was just scream," said Anderson.

Memphis Police say they've found stray bullets in unusual places before - reminders of how dangerous carelessly firing weapons can be.

The bullet left a hole in the sanctuary ceiling, and numerous church-goers said they'd seen something falling from above.

"It was like white stuff falling, I guess from the hole," Anderson said.

Pastor Orlester Johnson's explanation for the fact that Mi-Asia escaped without injury is simple: "She is blessed."

Johnson said the theme of his New Year's Eve sermon was "It still works", and he says little Mi-Asia is proof. "Praise still works, prayer still works, faith still works."

Mi-Asia's mother says she'll save the bullet as a keepsake for her daughter, a reminder of what she considers a miracle. "I'm gonna keep the bullet, and when she gets older, put a chain on it."

Anderson says she has no plans to change her brand of diaper.
Re: Stray Bullet Falls Out Of Baby's Diaper In Church by bronxdog: 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Kobojunkie

I wish I can send one to your butt hole right now, I mean as we speak, but when you get to your church, aint no pastor gon say you are blessed, I mean when you open your butt hole for all to see the stray bullet, I mean, all persons will take off on their heels and screaming, u are not blessed. boy oh girl!!!!
Re: Stray Bullet Falls Out Of Baby's Diaper In Church by tpia: 10:41pm On Jan 02, 2009

(1) (Reply)

My Granny Did Not Die To Provide Cover For Idf Murdering Palestinian Grandmother / Obama's Car Listed On Ebay For $1m / Morsi Wins Egypt's Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.