Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,365 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:03 AM

Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? (29965 Views)

Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. / Tecno Droipad 8 With Android 5.0 Lollipop / How To Upgrade Gionee Marathon M3 To Android 5.0 Lollipop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by abatically(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
Jaypea98:
any os higher than 4.4 is a no go area for me believe i 've gat my reasons

And the reasons are?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Jaypea98: 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
abatically:

And the reasons are?
diffuculty in gaining Root access If u know what i mean

1 Like

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by threadstone(m): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
i used it via cm 12 on the galaxy mega as far back as November after waiting for over a year for an upgrade from jb to kitkat so it was a quantum leap. its a pity only about 0.1% of the whole android ecosystem comprises of lollipop os users. its googles best work done on the android project. most of the current owners of android devices will have to load a custom build or get another phone preloaded with lollipop because with the exception of some flagship and tough midrange devices, youre stuck where u are. the best youll get may be 4.4.4.

Android still has a long way to go on OS upgrade for existing devices

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by tukasa(m): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hello peeps pls how can I upgrade my infinix hot to lollipop 5.0 version , help pls.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by adahib: 7:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
donciccio:

I use HTC ONE M8 too but I've not seen any update.

I had to modify: after posting i got the update. now downloading it.
@op, u better update lets start lollipoping before them finish am leaf berry for us. don't be naive

Brotherly I don upgrade oo. Flexing it now....
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by adahib: 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
iyaniwura1:

Good to hear HTC one m8 has got android L update. I use the same phone. Did you buy it in Nigeria?

Sure did. Got it a month after it was released.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by lanre316: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
Jaypea98:

diffuculty in gaining Root access If u know what i mean
I feel you bro.

But you know that soon no manufacturer will release phones with kitkat anymore as soon as android 6 comes out. Google is really trying to discourage tweaking of android but I hope android geeks are always there for us beating them to the game. I desired root access and xposed module support is finally worked out for lollipop. Cos I might as well go and be using windows phone than for me to use android without root access or xposed module support
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by OmichaelO: 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
Using it on S4. Leaked official ROM
And it's making sense. It was loaded via clockworkmod but not the normal install zip format. I was through backup and restore
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by xtervaganza(m): 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
adahib:
Nobody? That's tragic...
do you understand what the word tragic means?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by abatically(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
lanre316:
I feel you bro.

But you know that soon no manufacturer will release phones with kitkat anymore as soon as android 6 comes out. Google is really trying to discourage tweaking of android but I hope android geeks are always there for us beating them to the game. I desired root access and xposed module support is finally worked out for lollipop. Cos I might as well go and be using windows phone than for me to use android without root access or xposed module support

There is root access on lollipop, the only thing missing is xposed.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by swisscarter(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
abatically:

There is root access on lollipop, the only thing missing is xposed.
yea ...xposed doesn't work on lollipop cause it runs on ART RUNTIME
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Slimmos(m): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
labamo07:
TECNOoids, you can't upgrade your OS, all you have to do is just wait for new tecno fone with 5.0. You think say e easy make people dey buy fone with heavy amount, fyi, they have saved for the future........
but a friend of mine upgraded his gionee p4 to lollilop. how comes? can i also upgrade my gionee m2
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by chidooh1: 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
tukasa:
Hello peeps pls how can I upgrade my infinix hot to lollipop 5.0 version , help pls.
this one go involve ur pastor, take ur phone to church for hot prayer then lollipop will come miraculously.

1 Like

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Habeebpain(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
I use the Nexus 9 and 7 (2012 3G). The nexus 9 came with lollipop out of the box. The Nexus 7 just got the update last week.

How do I feel about Lollipop? Meh! Not too exciting. But looks nice. Google Now looks worse, not the function but the launcher. The white background on which the icons are placed is annoying. I liked it when it had the transparent feel that let you see your wallpaper.

The game built-in when you go to about device is damn difficult. Harder than Flappy Bird.

Lollipop is actually faster, the battery saver feature is nice too. I also like the tap to wake feature. Google should please include multi-window function in their next update at least for devices with a screen size greater than 5".

How hard can it be? Samsung has had it for years, the Lenovo Yoga 8 has support for 4 apps running at the same time on your screen.

I bought a Chinese tablet recently, Chuwi VX3 3G and it has this neat feature called cornerstone that you can turn on from the quick settings menu which lets you run 2 apps side by side. Very neat. I want to watch tutorial videos on one side of the screen and take down notes on the other side. Chikena.

I'm expecting the 5.1 update soon on both devices.

For my phone, Asus has promised the zenfone will get updated to lollipop by April. I can't wait.

1 Like

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by swisscarter(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Habeebpain:
I use the Nexus 9 and 7 (2012 3G). The nexus 9 came with lollipop out of the box. The Nexus 7 just got the update last week.

How do I feel about Lollipop? Meh! Not too exciting. But looks nice. Google Now looks worse, not the function but the launcher. The white background on which the icons are placed is annoying. I liked it when it had the transparent feel that let you see your wallpaper.

The game built-in when you go to about device is damn difficult. Harder than Flappy Bird.

Lollipop is actually faster, the battery saver feature is nice too. I also like the tap to wake feature. Google should please include multi-window function in their next update at least for devices with a screen size greater than 5".

How hard can it be? Samsung has had it for years, the Lenovo Yoga 8 has support for 4 apps running at the same time on your screen.

I bought a Chinese tablet recently, Chuwi VX3 3G and it has this neat feature called cornerstone that you can turn on from the quick settings menu which lets you run 2 apps side by side. Very neat. I want to watch tutorial videos on one side of the screen and take down notes on the other side. Chikena.

For my phone, Asus has promised the zenfone will get updated to lollipop by April. I can't wait.

Lol about the game... Lollipop land... Damn hard!!!
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by swisscarter(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
chidooh1:
this one go involve ur pastor, take ur phone to church for hot prayer then lollipop will come miraculously.
lolllllllll...hahahaha....infinix hot....lollipop loll...na that day devil go be archbishop!!!
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by limdude: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
I've been android 5.0.1 lollipop on my nexus 5 for nearly 3 months now and it's wonderful, the only issue I have is the battery life; it drains quicker than when I was on kitkat
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Whois(m): 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
On my S4 mini. No issues

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by viruz007(m): 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
caukerzee:
Via OTA? ?

Downloaded the official OS via Sammobile. Flashed with Odin
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 12, 2015
Apple smiley

1 Like

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by SammyT95(m): 5:18am On Feb 12, 2015
for those saying it doesn't work on tecno I'm sure it will work on my p9 cost there's a system upgrade app there
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by nani667: 6:01am On Feb 12, 2015
SammyT95:
for those saying it doesn't work on tecno I'm sure it will work on my p9 cost there's a system upgrade app there

Sadly your P9 isn't gonna smell Lollipop....

2 Likes

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Hydronium(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2015
Habeebpain:

pls d'you know how I can get google nexus 7 2013 cellular tablet?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Habeebpain(m): 1:24am On Feb 14, 2015
[quote author=Hydronium post=30702903]

pls d'you know how I can get google nexus 7 2013 cellular tablet?[/quo

Let's chat on BBM 7F3C6B10
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by nani667: 11:22am On Feb 15, 2015
At last, Xposed is available in Lollipop... Thats the only thing that's been keeping me on KitKat, now I'm fully Lollipop (5.0.2) cool

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by nani667: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2015
Xposed working perfect on my Lollipop ✔

I must make a donation to that developer

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Avatar(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2015
nani667:
At last, Xposed is available in Lollipop... Thats the only thing that's been keeping me on KitKat, now I'm fully Lollipop (5.0.2) cool
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by ewizard1: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
nani667:
Xposed working perfect on my Lollipop ✔

I must make a donation to that developer

That was great.... I was following Rovo89 since day 1 he shared his screenshot of when he was coding the Framework till when he officially released it.

Too bad its not yet compatible with TW ROMS. So i'm not running Xposed at the moment.

The ART system is really not helping Devs at all. But i'm sure everything would get to normal like Dalvik was.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Arteta99(m): 11:36am On Feb 16, 2015
abatically:

If u have not upgraded yet, then what are u waiting for? Lollipop is sweet and I guarantee u won't want to go back to KitKat. I been using it on my LG g3 since November no issues. Upgraded my HTC one m7 about 2 weeks ago and my phone looks like a new phone. The HTC one m7 on KitKat was flawless, smooth with no single lag, but lollipop adds lots of improvement with improved battery life and other features. Don't be on a long thing, upgrade ASAP.
please how did u go about the update. i have at&t g3 that gave me OTA update option but i have rooted my phone and its saying device suspected in rooting when the download of about 700mb is complete. done this twice now and im fed up. is there a manual way of updating to lollipop? help ASAP
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Klins(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
pis guys how do i upgrade my htc m7 to lollipop
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Klins(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
Someone help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Mobile App Saved Me From Being defrauded of Huge sum by Kidnappers In Rivers / Tecno Pouvoir 4 Becomes First Mediatek Soc Smartphone To Receive Android 11 Beta / Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.