Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,159 members, 7,880,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria (2111 Views)

Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / Amaechi Is The Lion Of Africa – Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by criminalmindz: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2015
Rivers State PDP Governorship Candidate, Barrister Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has accused outgoing governor Rotimi Amaechi of running the most corrupt regime in the country, alleging that the governor between January and November 2014 squandered over N298billion that accrued to the state from the Federation Accounts and loans obtained from various commercial banks.
Barrister Wike further alleged that between December 2014 and January 2015, outgoing Governor Rotimi Amaechi through the Government House and the Office of the Secretary to the Rivers State Government expended N11billion, believed to have been channelled into the Buhari Campaign Organization.

Speaking during the Rivers State PDP Governorship Campaign Rally in Port Harcourt Local Government Area on Tuesday, Barrister Wike said that the massive corrupt expenditure of the over N300billion just for 2014 and the first month of 2015 excludes the internally generated revenue of Rivers State, which has been pegged at several billions of naira monthly.
Giving a breakdown of the alleged mass corrupt practices by the outgoing governor, Barrister Wike stated that between January and November 2014, the Amaechi administration received N185billion from the Federation Account.
He added that within the same period under review, the administration took loans from Zenith Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank, Access Bank and Fidelity Bank totalling over N112billion.
Barrister Wike said: “These are facts duly obtained from government sources. They are not newspaper reports. They are authenticated facts of revenue received by the outgoing government of Rotimi Amaechi. Before the people of Nigeria is the most corrupt administration ever seen in this state. An administration that has shortchanged our people.
“From the details of expenditure at our disposal, these funds have been used to sponsor opposition activities and the campaigns of General Muhammadu Buhari. Most of the monies were channelled to non-existent or non functional projects, with the funds pocketed by the outgoing governor. For instance, Amaechi paid N500million for a non existent new Bridge in Abonnema. He paid N2billion for the Trans-Kalabari road where nothing has been done by his administration. For the Port Harcourt Centenary celebration, Amaechi expended almost N1billion and he released N1.7billion for the production of international passports”.
He added that the outgoing administration expended N330million for the protection of Rivers State from terrorism.
The Rivers State PDP Governorship candidate said the lack of accountability in the Amaechi administration explains why he is fronting known cultists to take over the administration of the state. He noted that the Rivers political leadership and the followership have jointly resolved never to allow another corrupt administration to emerge from the outgoing Amaechi’s corrupt regime.
Also speaking at the rally, National Deputy Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus alleged that the outgoing Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi had procured Army, Naval and Police uniforms to be distributed to his political thugs from the state and others imported from the north to ensure that they rigged the election if it had been held on February 14.
He said the same procurement of uniforms was carried by APC governors, adding that the plan of the APC was to plunge the nation into a needless crisis.
Secondus said despite APC’s evil machinations, President Jonathan and the PDP will win the forthcoming elections.
Former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Austin Opara said Amaechi failed the people of Rivers State by merely squandering their resources with no projects on ground to show for his second term in office.
Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant (Media) to Barrister Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, Rivers State PDP Governorship Candidate

http://scannewsnigeria.com/featured-post/amaechi-is-the-most-corrupt-governor-in-nigeria-wike/
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Kennywills7(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2015
River state is in a deep mess now simply because ameachi wants to prove a point to gej

All their wealth will b use to sponsor buhari later ameachi will accuse gej of not releasing funds meant for d state

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by EgusiSoup: 9:51am On Feb 11, 2015
criminalmindz:
Rivers State PDP Governorship Candidate, Barrister Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has accused outgoing governor Rotimi Amaechi of running the most corrupt regime in the country, alleging that the governor between January and November 2014 squandered over N298billion that accrued to the state from the Federation Accounts and loans obtained from various commercial banks.
Barrister Wike further alleged that between December 2014 and January 2015, outgoing Governor Rotimi Amaechi through the Government House and the Office of the Secretary to the Rivers State Government expended N11billion, believed to have been channelled into the Buhari Campaign Organization.

Speaking during the Rivers State PDP Governorship Campaign Rally in Port Harcourt Local Government Area on Tuesday, Barrister Wike said that the massive corrupt expenditure of the over N300billion just for 2014 and the first month of 2015 excludes the internally generated revenue of Rivers State, which has been pegged at several billions of naira monthly.
Giving a breakdown of the alleged mass corrupt practices by the outgoing governor, Barrister Wike stated that between January and November 2014, the Amaechi administration received N185billion from the Federation Account.
He added that within the same period under review, the administration took loans from Zenith Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank, Access Bank and Fidelity Bank totalling over N112billion.
Barrister Wike said: “These are facts duly obtained from government sources. They are not newspaper reports. They are authenticated facts of revenue received by the outgoing government of Rotimi Amaechi. Before the people of Nigeria is the most corrupt administration ever seen in this state. An administration that has shortchanged our people.
“From the details of expenditure at our disposal, these funds have been used to sponsor opposition activities and the campaigns of General Muhammadu Buhari. Most of the monies were channelled to non-existent or non functional projects, with the funds pocketed by the outgoing governor. For instance, Amaechi paid N500million for a non existent new Bridge in Abonnema. He paid N2billion for the Trans-Kalabari road where nothing has been done by his administration. For the Port Harcourt Centenary celebration, Amaechi expended almost N1billion and he released N1.7billion for the production of international passports”.
He added that the outgoing administration expended N330million for the protection of Rivers State from terrorism.
The Rivers State PDP Governorship candidate said the lack of accountability in the Amaechi administration explains why he is fronting known cultists to take over the administration of the state. He noted that the Rivers political leadership and the followership have jointly resolved never to allow another corrupt administration to emerge from the outgoing Amaechi’s corrupt regime.
Also speaking at the rally, National Deputy Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus alleged that the outgoing Rivers State governor, Rotimi Amaechi had procured Army, Naval and Police uniforms to be distributed to his political thugs from the state and others imported from the north to ensure that they rigged the election if it had been held on February 14.
He said the same procurement of uniforms was carried by APC governors, adding that the plan of the APC was to plunge the nation into a needless crisis.
Secondus said despite APC’s evil machinations, President Jonathan and the PDP will win the forthcoming elections.
Former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Austin Opara said Amaechi failed the people of Rivers State by merely squandering their resources with no projects on ground to show for his second term in office.
Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant (Media) to Barrister Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, Rivers State PDP Governorship Candidate

http://scannewsnigeria.com/featured-post/amaechi-is-the-most-corrupt-governor-in-nigeria-wike/

And this will affect the price of Egusi in the market?
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by babasanti: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2015
Gov amaechi is yet to pay pensioners 9billion naira he is owing them

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2015
EgusiSoup:

And this will affect the price of Egusi in the market?

You get sense at all?

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by EgusiSoup: 10:01am On Feb 11, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

You get sense at all?

undecided

I forget am for Yaba.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2015
babasanti:
Gov amaechi is yet to pay pensioners 9billion naira he is owing them

The man no get sense at all.

This Amaechi paid 3 months backlog of Osun state salaries owed by that fetish alfa aregberascal.

Amaechi has abandoned his primary and sole assignment as Governor of Rivers state to become the campaign manager for Buhari's election channeling Rivers state wealth into this useless venture.

Apart from the diversion of Rivers' state wealth, the man has erred seriously by neglecting his duty. Once you are running for elected office it is mandated that you resign from any other paid or unpaid assignment.

This man will get sense only when thrown into a dank prison cell.

Fool

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Adetula1(m): 10:03am On Feb 11, 2015
after watching the video of dollars in ameachi's pocket,i no longer need a prophet or election to know the best student in terms of corruption in nigeria.since he joined apc,i doubt if he has time for his family not to talk of the state,busy jumping from been a driver to showing his dancing skill on stage to .....

4 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2015
EgusiSoup:

undecided

I forget am for Yaba.

No be crase dey worry you, nah lack of sense.
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Welrez(m): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2015
The new political tactic: Accuse another of the same crime you're guilty of before you are accused.
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Welrez:
The new political tactic: Accuse another of the same crime you're guilty of before you are accused.

Why una no go support una muggu

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by EgusiSoup: 10:06am On Feb 11, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

No be crase dey worry you, nah lack of sense.

So you no dey chop EGUSI Soup!

E be like you are APC undecided
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Trailblazer1(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by babasanti: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2015
Mods front page please
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 11, 2015
The APC is the most corrupt entity to exist.

Even before they have even smelled power they are already benefiting from illegality.

This is how Sanusi channeled over 100 billion naira to APC in the guise of social responsibility.

The APC don't care if the monies they received is stolen!

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 11, 2015
Yes, he hasn't paid me my state nysc allowed for years now.

This Amaechi guy is a fraudster.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by focus7: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2015
We don't expect anything less. We all know that the childish style of Jonathan administration will make his anti corruption campaign a witch hunting for his enemies. Let him start with all his aids surrounding him and let see how sincere he is, he should not forget to bring Ekiti election fraud to book.
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by noblealuu: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2015
I can't laugh alone!

A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane.

Meanwhile there were five people in it. The first
person was Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the
best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one
parachute and left.

The second who was Aliko
Dangote said "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm
too young to die". So he took the second parachute
and left.

The third was Muhammadu Burahi and he
said: " I'm the smartest head of state that never
went to school in the world so I can't die now, my
people still need me". So he took one and left.

Leaving President Jonathan , and a little
school girl. Then Jonathan said to the little girl "
take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for you. But the little
girl replied no need for that Mr President, there are two
parachutes left.

With shock and surprised Jonathan
asked her: "how come?" The little girl replied: "
Buhari took my school bag" thinking it was a
parachute.

Abeg am non-partisan jst felt like sharing so it on facebook anyway!
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 11, 2015
noblealuu:

I can't laugh alone!

A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane.

Meanwhile there were five people in it. The first
person was Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the
best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one
parachute and left.

The second who was Aliko
Dangote said "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm
too young to die". So he took the second parachute
and left.

The third was Muhammadu Burahi and he
said: " I'm the smartest head of state that never
went to school in the world so I can't die now, my
people still need me". So he took one and left.

Leaving President Jonathan , and a little
school girl. Then Jonathan said to the little girl "
take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for you. But the little
girl replied no need for that Mr President, there are two
parachutes left.

With shock and surprised Jonathan
asked her: "how come?" The little girl replied: "
Buhari took my school bag" thinking it was a
parachute.

Abeg am non-partisan jst felt like sharing so it on facebook anyway!

If this makes you feel better, then so be it
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by Trut(m): 10:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Amaechi corruption is massive

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by drshrewd: 11:08am On Feb 11, 2015
hahahahahahaahaha this wicked wike will die of frustration grin grin grin grin grin grin all what you stated are blanket statement because you have no fact. Amaechi is by far the best governor in Nigeria and there is nothing you can do about it[b][/b]
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by horlabiyi(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2015
PDP has destroyed Nigeria for 16 years.
Obasanjo Endorses Buhari, APC warriors celebrating it
APC celebrating the chief destroyer, yet they are shouting " change " . Nigerians shine your eyes
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by bewla(m): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2015
weke with waka waka
Re: Gov Amaechi Is The Most Corrupt Governor In Nigeria by drshrewd: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2015
criminalmindz:
N298b squandered but wike where are your facts na? abi na market women campaign wey u dey do now?
N11b but i thougth you said it was N33b before

(1) (Reply)

Cabal Begin Fleeing, Launder Loot As Buhari/osinbajo ‘integrity’ Govt Looms / ‎No Plan To Remove Jega, Preside‎nt Jonathan Says Again / FFK Attacks Tinubu Again, Says He's A Drug Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.