Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,237 members, 7,880,892 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:43 AM

Minister Of Power-prof Nebo Live On NTA- On Anti Vandalism Campagne - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Power-prof Nebo Live On NTA- On Anti Vandalism Campagne (435 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Minister Of Power-prof Nebo Live On NTA- On Anti Vandalism Campagne by ruffhandu: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
The Minister talked about vandals descending on gas pipelines. It is sad to note that these vandals attack these pipelines, not for any personal gain. It means some people actually sponsor them to do that, even as the Minister posited.
To me, this act has a negative ripple effect, worst of which are: loss/waste of wealth in the form of the gas; and reduction in power generated for the consumption of Nigerians since it leads to the shutdown of the stations they feed.

We must seek solution to this.

I have been asking myself what we could possibly do. How is it done in some other progressive countries?

I only, for now, thought of the government looking for a means of monitoring these lines, say lining up security operatives, and/or employing the use of electronic security devices.

How do you think this can be handled?

Really, enough is enough.
Re: Minister Of Power-prof Nebo Live On NTA- On Anti Vandalism Campagne by ruffhandu: 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
Sometimes the security agents are bribed when some of vandals are caught, to set them free.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Support’ll Give Us More Votes –buhari / Why Nigerian Police Officers Are Are Excited About 2015 General Elections. / Ghana Political Party To Appoint Osibanjo Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.