Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,432 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:50 AM

GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates (47283 Views)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / Jega About To Announce Result, Nta Live.(UPDATE!!!) / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by Bayswater: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2015
maclatunji:

#Hehehehe

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/carpet-crossing

http://www.waywordradio.org/carpet_crossing/
Help yourself by clicking the link above for some knowledge smiley
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by openmine(m): 11:46am On Feb 12, 2015
ribbit:
may be you should read my response to the other guy... And may be you should also use Google to read many corruption cases and money laundry against abacha sons.
dats my problem wit Naija...already proclaiming sum one guilty even b4 he is prosecuted...has he been found guilty? d answer is simply no!
if u r accused of money laundering and no sufficient evidence is presented 2 d court,wat happens... u r set free!!
OK let come back 2 d corruption killer's party,
do u need me 2 call d likes of bayelsa former gov sylva,former Adamawa gov nyarko and his son,former gov of Kwara state...dese men at different times in deir administration have milked deir state gov funds dry....have u taken time 2 Google their own? I suggest u do....before accusing sum1 of turning a blind eye 2 deir corrupt practices...
I guess u will also say dese former govs became "SAINT MICHEAL" after dey all joined APC from PDP...rite?
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
Bayswater:

http://www.waywordradio.org/carpet_crossing/
Help yourself by clicking the link above for some knowledge smiley

I had already seen it, it is a definition that is not backed by any linguistic authority. :Please

If you're going to use the expression use it in its proper context. "Cross-carpeting" is a West-African construct for the most part. The western world doesn't understand what it means because people that are not parliamentarians tend to remain in the same party and don't change.

The term is actually "crossing the floor" and it refers to parliamentarians. Governor Amaechi and Co.are not members of any parliament. :Please

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by ribbit: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
openmine:

dats my problem wit Naija...already proclaiming sum one guilty even b4 he is prosecuted...has he been found guilty? d answer is simply no!
if u r accused of money laundering and no sufficient evidence is presented 2 d court,wat happens... u r set free!!
OK let come back 2 d corruption killer's party,
do u need me 2 call d likes of bayelsa former gov sylva,former Adamawa gov nyarko and his son,former gov of Kwara state...dese men at different times in deir administration have milked deir state gov funds dry....have u taken time 2 Google their own? I suggest u do....before accusing sum1 of turning a blind eye 2 deir corrupt practices...
I guess u will also say dese former govs became "SAINT MICHEAL" after dey all joined APC from PDP...rite?
the president shouldn't try to influence any court cases... No one said those that joined APC have suddenly become saint. If any of them has been accused, he or she should face the music squarely.. Be it nyako or whoever.. If Buhari becomes president and suddenly start pardoning every known thieves or accused persons because they support him or belongs to his party. I will stop supporting him. It is simple as that... I don't like thieves or any one that protects one.
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by shineeye: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Adminisher:

Which big dam did Jonathan complete. Jonathan has done no dams..Mambila has just been awarded now that Dunbo has finally realized that no gas can be guaranteed for the NIPP that PDP spent $30B-) upon without any to show for it. The centralization of pipes is just too much...the PDP government has wasted our $30B-). Now Buhari is saying hydro electric is the way to go. The only man doing dams in Nigeria is Kwankwanso. He is generating about 70MW from about 5 small dams in Kano state all.on his own. You are a fool to think privatization is something to praise a government for and an even bigger fool not to know that it was Obj who started privatization. The man he put in charge was Atiku. How can you not read for chrisakes. Nigeria privatized almost 100 government eenterprises under OBJ. Even then privatization is nit an achievement, they were selling government property to themselves and I am disappointed that people who should intelligently find out things are being made fools off. All NIPP stations that Good luck is commissioning were planned by Obj, all of them had their equipment ordered during Obj' s time. The inky New plants Jonanthan brought in were the private plants constructed by Nigerian and foreign investors please when you are watching NTA don't open your mouth and swallow everything. Go on the internet immediately and don't believe all the shot they are feeding you.
[b]Goodluck ebele Jonathan sighed freedom of information (FoI) bill past Leaders refused to sign....
Yet Goodluck is bad.
He revamped the Agricultural sector.
Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million
Metric tonnes -FAO,
the largest exporter of cassava chips to China.
and have unprecedented 60 % Sufficient in rice production.
Yet Goodluck is bad.
He gave women 35 % affirmative to women participation in governance
Which saw the emergence of Muktar as the first ever Female Chief Justice of Nigeria....
Yet Goodluck is bad
He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola disease...
Yet Goodluck is bad.
No more long Queues at filling stations..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
Nigeria manufacturer her first ever locally made drone...
Yet Goodluck is bad
He signed local content act.
Nigeria now have 400 tankers
Transporting crude oil.
Previously it was 60 tankers..
Yet Goodluck is bad.
His government recorded an
Unprecedented achievement in sports,
best sporting performance in the history of country...
Yet Goodluck is bad.
Nigeria is now the largest economy it Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar _CNN...
YET Goodluck is bad.
He made it possible for Nigeria to v the most free, fair & credible election election in the history of the country (2011 election )
Yet Goodluck is bad.
(19 ) He does not interfere with the electoral
and Judiciary system.
Electrons in IMO,
Anambra,
Osun
and Edo are examples.
in the history of Nigeria,
is only in his government the opposition Controlled large number of seats .
and controlled greater Number of seats in the National Assembly...
Yet Goodluck is bad
under his government, political Assassination
and Assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past.
Who killed Dele Giwa,
Bola Ige,
FunshoWilliams,
Marshall Harry,
Aminisoari Dikibo,
Alfred Rewane,
Ken Saro Wiwa,
Kudirat Abiola,
NBA Chairman Barnabas Igwe and h (truncated)Yet Goodluck is Bad,
Nigeria dose not know what they want in their lives. .[/b]

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by birdman(m): 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
Seun:
Q: What has GEJ learned in the first term. If he wins the re-election bid, what will he do differently.

A: He's going to address perception because perception is more powerful than reality. Most of the problems of his govt is with perception.

This argument would hold some water if the elections had held last week. The fact that a president used the army to force INEC into moving the elections tells us two things:

1. This is not just a perception problem. Using the army to force the hand of an independent electoral body is cheating. This is reality, not perception.
2. GEJ will not change. His character and underhanded ways will not change. Why? Because power brings out the true nature of the individual. And If GEJ is willing to take the nation to the brink, it is obvious he is neither a statesman nor has the character to be a president.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by openmine(m): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
ribbit:
the president shouldn't try to influence any court cases... No one said those that joined APC have suddenly become saint. If any of them has been accused, he or she should face the music squarely.. Be it nyako or whoever.. If Buhari becomes president and suddenly start pardoning every known thieves or accused persons because they support him or belongs to his party. I will stop supporting him. It is simple as that... I don't like thieves or any one that protects one.

and how can u prove dat he has influenced court cases...if he did,den tambawal would not have been a speaker by now....or Gej wud have influenced d court 2 favour omisore ahead of d osun state gov Rauf Aregbesola....

in case u have forgotten, d only reason y dose greedy politicians r supporting buhari is because dey want 2 b immune from any money laundering charge...

its even going 2 get worse because most of buhari supporters r warming up 4 political appointments dat will afford dem another opportunity of stealing more public funds....and sadly,buhari will do nothing about it because Dis is not d military era where he had d power of d three arms of government.... now he has 2 go tru d Democratic process by setting up institutions like efcc or icpc 2 do so....in oda words its like biting d fingers dat fed him..Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by ribbit: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
openmine:

and how can u prove dat he has influenced court cases...if he did,den tambawal would not have been a speaker by now....or Gej wud have influenced d court 2 favour omisore ahead of d osun state gov Rauf Aregbesola....

in case u have forgotten, d only reason y dose greedy politicians r supporting buhari is because dey want 2 b immune from any money laundering charge...

its even going 2 get worse because most of buhari supporters r warming up 4 political appointments dat will afford dem another opportunity of stealing more public funds....and sadly,buhari will do nothing about it because Dis is not d military era where he had d power of d three arms of government.... now he has 2 go tru d Democratic process by setting up institutions like efcc or icpc 2 do so....in oda words its like biting d fingers dat fed him..Lol

We are talking about influencing court cases to favor politician that supports your ambitions not considering whether the person is hardened criminal or not, you are talking about election tribunal. How does it correlate?

Government, ( which I mean Jonathan) controls efcc , efcc accuses someone of stealing, the person that steals, run to Jonathan, Jonathan asks for loyalty, then asks efcc not to drop vital evidence that would nail the criminal in the court of law... E.g, the case of fani kayode. That is how government influence the Justice system. Not necessarily the judge or judicial system itself.
Inyako has a case to answer and efcc probably have evidence to nail him, but let Inyako join Jonathan today, solid evidence will suddenly become not evidence enough and case dropped.
Same with crime cos president controls all forces and judge will only nail a criminal if the evidence against the criminal is solid.
Which is quite different from election tribunal, because you are the one providing the evidence and not each of police. Get it now?

It's a two party system now, you expect different people to support your ambition, you can't stop someone from supporting you but that doesn't mean you will give them post unless they are qualified.
Does obasanjo want a post? By the way, those supporting Buhari financially have never been indicted before or has being discharged or all wrong doings.

That aside, I'm tired of pdp's chop chop government since 1999.
It's time for a change.. If APC gets there and still continues with this kinda government we are presently witnessing, simple I will vote them out again in 2019. But to continue with pdp or Jonathan would be you stupidest thing to do.
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by spyroxy1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
GEJ was asked what he will do differently If elected back into office

ADESUWA: Sir, what will you do differently or would you have done that you will do differently if elected back into office
GEJ : You see, a lot of people are not for us and we will get back their interest and support for us.

My conclusion:

GEJ cannot even be the HOD of zoological department of a secondary school not to talk of a university. I mean no insult to his office.

Verdict:

GMB should be the next president come may 29 2015. If he doesn't still perform well, we will vote him out in 2019.
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by lookmangiw(m): 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
just finished wasting my precious megabyte to listen to this dunce.
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by siraj1402(m): 11:24am On Feb 14, 2015
jdbrasco:
Why are u lying? He said dat 80% of corruption cases are pure stealing and should be handled as such . Were u watching back of ur Tv. Nawao for u oo
Get more fact between stealing and corruption.

https://www.nairaland.com/2146737/stealing-same-corruption-lawyers-tell
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by siraj1402(m): 11:27am On Feb 14, 2015
jonuel1:

Bfore u display foolishness, check the dictionary meaning of Stealing and Corruption

Who is more of a fool?
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by siraj1402(m): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2015
me1234:
I wonder the school u attended not to know the difference between stealing and corruption. Even the so called educated people don't know the difference. This speaks volume of our educational system. For the record check your dictionary ok.

Educated person,were you told this in your school?
Re: GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates by rabzy01: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
Your knowledge of economics is at the same level with Ngozi- too much theories on papers and projector screens!

Tell me something real.

Abeg, how much be $1 to a Naira?
Make I run go aliexpress if it is N101 to 1USD. If not, to hell with the rebasing of the GDP!

tomakint:

This same 'Zoo Keeper' rebased your economy to make it the biggest in Africa. He grew your GDP to $510 billion. He brought back automobile assembly plants to Nigeria and even encouraged an indigeneous one. He revamped Agricultural sector. He empowered and stilL empowering youths. etc. What a pity

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Godswill Akpabio / Man Cut His Flesh To Celebrate Buhari's Victory In Bauchi / Pictures Of PDP Campaign Rally In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.