Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate (744 Views)

Why Should I Blame Whom? / Ola Rotimi Plagiarize Sophocles' Oedipus Rex In The Gods Are Not To Blame / The Gods Are To Blame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by Lazymanhead(m): 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
I like books. I love to read them. I can afford to part with 99 cent for a Kindle version -I want to save a writer- I want him to eat from his intellectual works.

But I am a Nigerian. Amazons, the only store who is a home to all of them wouldn't allow me buy one. Even legally.

But your book title and reviews literally gives one "orgasm". Good jobs from publishers. I feel like if I don't read them knowledge would escape me. So I need to read them no matter what.

What do I do now? I find ways to download them to my device with much less hassle than when am paying. And I read them. Everything poured into me. You are not making a dime from me.

Am I to blame? I doubt it.

Many of these victims of pirate can't just blame us the consumers. How about we ask a question? Your distributing channels.
Re: Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2015
undecided we are all ears, riddles are for kids.
Re: Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by Lazymanhead(m): 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Don't you think so? If proper distributing channels are put in place I am very sure piracy won't be this rampant. I mean, i can get any book I want, through free download. Some of these I could afford and I would sincerely love to pay for them.
Re: Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by losprince(m): 1:08am On Feb 12, 2015
no one is immune to piracy. ..
Re: Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by Lazymanhead(m): 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
losprince:
no one is immune to piracy. ..
You are right. But trust me, I know a lot of people who would not like to patronize these pirates. People who know and value the sweat a person puts in his work, therefore wants, every penny to go to him. This just out of there sheer goodwill. A quick one, I remember when ASA released her first album, I bought well over ten copies in the space of a year. People kept taking it. But I made sure every single cd I bought had an hologram. That means the copy is original and the money will get to her marketer, then to her. Today, I don't own that same album- I am afraid it might be because I can't find one with the hologram. Trust me people like are out there, though we might be small in number.
Re: Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by tpiar: 6:51am On Feb 13, 2015
i'm more interested in seeing the results of what you are reading.

is piracy not a self defeating venture in that case.

the literacy level has actually decreased rather than the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate by Lazymanhead(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
tpiar:
i'm more interested in seeing the results of what you are reading.

is piracy not a self defeating venture in that case.

the literacy level has actually decreased rather than the other way round.

Yes self defeating it sounds, but still offering an insight into one of the reasons piracy business is being helped to thrive. The roles effective distributing channels play isn't joke.

Lolz at your interest in the result of what I read. Reading isn't the same thing as doing and I guess we are all guilty of that one way or the other.

And no, literacy level isn't decreasing, it's actually increasing, but it's not moving at the level it should. Study just proved that and you might need to consult Google.

(1) (Reply)

Black Widow (prologue) / Hearts Apart / Buy Blood On The Altar For Just $1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.