Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,035 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK (569 Views)

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite / Obasanjo Warns Nigerians Against Allowing Buhari To Be Rigged Out! / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK by helinues: 7:45am On Feb 12, 2015
Nigeria’s former President Olusegun Obasanjo is in the news again, and again, in connection with his controversial autobiography “My Watch”.

It should be recalled that during the launch of his book in Kenya, OBJ openly endorsed the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), despite being member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He also faulted President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration over its decisions and general performance.

February 11, yesterday, the ex President allegedly made another memobrable remark when he introduced “My Watch” in London, UK.

Well-known Nigerian blogger Linda Ikeji informs that in London, Obasanjo reinstated his support for Buhari and allegedly warned Nigerians against dying for a “mediocre performer”.

See the statement credited to OBJ below:

“What I said and I maintain that and I will say it again and I will do it. When the time comes for me to vote, I will consider the track record of all the candidates that are contesting and I will assess and based on my assessment for who I believe have the best track record to perform the job of the Nigerian president, then he will have my vote and if anybody should know what the job of the Nigerian president requires, I should know.

“And there is no sentiment in the affairs of Nigeria.Nigeria is a population of 180million and you wouldn’t have anybody other than one person or two persons that can run the affairs of Nigeria? What the hell are we talking about? For me there are millions who can run the affairs of Nigeria that are not even coming out. So why should you die on behalf of one who is probably performing as a mediocre. With all due respect. Nigeria, if you love it, you would look for the best for Nigeria and I don’t believe that at this point in time we have the best.”

It is worth mentioning that reacting to Obasanjo’s endorsement voiced in Nairobi, the former military Head of State said he was “happy” with the development.

According to Buhari, OBJ’s move will ensure more support for his candidacy.

Source: http://www.naij.com/383455-obasanjo-warns-nigerians-as-he-introduces-book-in-uk.html
Re: Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK by SeverusSnape(m): 7:47am On Feb 12, 2015
As if he's a saint.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:
As if he's a saint.
d idiot just signed his political death warrant, he's going to pay for all dis, wen uncle jona wins d election come march 28th of dis year. He's going to be d last military dat will rule naija as a president.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK by Sparkle777(f): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2015
I tot as a pdp member, he s bound to support gej? Arent there any codes to follow? Obj is one of the problems we have in Nig,he spearheaded all these cos of his third term agenda.
Anyway, one man one vote. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK by SeverusSnape(m): 8:05am On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
d idiot just signed his political death warrant, he's going to pay for all dis, wen uncle jona wins d election come march 28th of dis year. He's going to be d last military dat will rule naija as a president.
Exactly sir, The man is behaving as if he's clean, I can't take him serious any longer.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Nigerians As He Introduces Book In UK by quinnboy: 8:18am On Feb 12, 2015
once a general is always a general.........GMB for President

(1) (Reply)

Hillarious Apc Advert / Reasons Why Northerners Want To Die In Power / Governor Mimiko Denies Pushing His Younger Brother For INEC Top Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.