Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:28 PM

Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House (1743 Views)

My Mother-In-law Visits Too Often, How Do I Deal With That? Please Help / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by iyaayi(f): 10:36am On Feb 12, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

3 days ago, I observed so many huge rats all over my house! I discovered that they had eaten the net to gain access from outside. I replaced the torn net, but they ate up another big hole in it!!

The rats have defied all means of eliminating them known to me such as poison, gum board.

I need advice on what to do as they constitute nuisance, looong everywhere, destroying wood, eating foods as yam, and generally going around, frightening the kids and adults alike.
Thank you.
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by Dyt(f): 10:49am On Feb 12, 2015
Fumigate
Snipper is the name lol

U too stop leaving dirty plates, cover ur bin thrash
But with sniper they will disappear

1 Like

Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by bennyrazz: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2015
Rat Invasion grin grin get any of these traps in the pix below

1 Like

Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by jacabi(m): 11:05am On Feb 12, 2015
This one strong o.
I don't know if you can do this, look for a cat(not the one that will be playing with rats but the type that'll go after them and kill them), lock it inside and see what would happen. If you're a type that can keep it as pet, it would be good. I've seen it being done somewhere and it worked for them.

1 Like

Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by iyaayi(f): 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
Thank you, thank you folks. Fumigating with snipper is up next
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by Dyt(f): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
iyaayi:
Thank you, thank you folks. Fumigating with snipper is up next

Abeg that thing is strong oooo.
If u slpn in that house that day, mix little with kerosene.
Small ooo
U can do like once or twice a week.

Little oooo

1 Like

Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by slimyem: 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
Bennyrazz,that trap from your second picture...very effective but very dangerous.Not to be used in a house with kids.

Rats of these days can now identify that gum board.It won't serve.
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by dBard: 12:23am On Feb 13, 2015
slimyem:
Bennyrazz,that trap from your second picture...very effective but very dangerous.Not to be used in a house with kids.

Will never forget the rat poison a street hawker gave t me wen I complained about the notorious rats that were bugging me then........ Champion.

That was one evil,yet effective drug....
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
Are we talking rats or mice
Rats scare me to death
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by SAMBARRY: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Op it depends on your vicinity. If you live in a very filthy area then expect more rats. Filthy area I mean if you are living close to dump sites, open sewage etc

secondly do you keep your environment clean. Do you eat and leave plates in the kitchen for 2 weeks, leave your thrash can full and booming

your bathroom never see harpic ariel etc

your bedroom sitting room is full of unnecessary thrash. If yes rat never come . They will soon enter in entourage if you like use rat poison. As one dey die ten go dey enter
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
OP you may need to move from the environment o
When they run out of food,they may start eating the children bit by bit
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by slimyem: 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
babyosisi:
hahahaha..cheesy

If that happens,then it's past the ordinary and it means they are on a mission.

1 Like

Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by bennyrazz: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
slimyem:

rats that can identify gum boards as surely been sent from the village grin
Re: Helo!! How Do I Deal With Rats Invasion Of My House by EfemenaXY: 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
babyosisi:

Ewww!!

Don't make me itch, jare. embarassed lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Love, Religion And Tribe / How Do You Cut Cost For A Christian Wedding / Why Do Some Married Women Find It Difficult To Initiate Sex With Their Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.