Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,670 members, 7,948,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

"Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! - Dating And Meet-up Zone (1826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! (3053050 Views)

Nairaland's Off Topic Chat Room + Derailers Paradise / Derailer's thread: the last person to comment wins / Hfinest1 Chat Paradise (bar/lounge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) ... (2568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
cry
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Ishilove: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno:

You like mysteries? Or just books in general grin
Books in general, mysteries in particular.

1 Like

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno:

grin grin grin
Gurgle u no go kill someone

Nekwa ne fa o

Are you seeing them

Mana Cutehector why na
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

na true sha,una play chess with me small today.

well you name whatchu want darl

and consider it done.
Looool well done
I'm actually impressed

You're very smart or something.....
Not to inflate that ur ego more
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ishilove:

Books in general, mysteries in particular.
Nice. I used to read a lot don't really know what happened that made me stop grin

anyways you can maybe try this author Rhys Bowen? She's a mystery writer. Or at least look sha if you want

First time I'm speaking to an almighty mod grin
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Swaggzkid: 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno how market?
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

hm! Virginioso
doesn't mean i'm a priest...
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
Gurgle:

Nekwa ne fa o

Are you seeing them

Mana Cutehector why na
why what... All these reverend sisters....
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Swaggzkid:
MrsPhyno how market?
market dey sell small small grin

wassup
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
why what... All these reverend sisters....

Looool smh
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by herald9: 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
wisdomiskey:
FrancisTony!

call yuh "friendz" 2 cum
bail yuh out!!

cc
SalC UjSizzle Herald9 Pr0ton Agapechris
cococandy bukatyne mrschima
Instead of bail,
I rather bring him food in jail tongue

But from Francis repent o, stop continuing God's creation on Nairaland, so on the last day that man no go dey confused o grin
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Ishilove: 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Ok you have read her books, do you mind recommending some of her best books to me? smiley

What is your best Stephen King and Dean Koontz book? Mine is 'The Stand' and 'Strangers' respectively. smiley
I don't have a particular Christie favourite. All her books are wonderful!

You can try The Miss Marple Series, as well as those featuring Hercule Poirot, but all in all, the one that stands out is one about a lady who was always threatening to kill her husband because the man was a philandering artist. When unfortunately the man is murdered by poison, she is the first and only suspect. She is jailed, and dies in prison.

Twenty years later, her daughter hires Hercules Poirot, the investigator with a cone shaped head (lol) to clear her mother's name and it is later proved that the woman was innocent. The end was smashing! Totally unexpected! cheesy

I can't remember the name of this particular Christie novel (I was in my early teens when I read it) but it stands out in my memory.

I have so many favourite King novels, but The Shining, The Bodysnatchers (he watched her come out of the vehicle. Oh look, here comes Super Biitch, faster than a speeding hate mail, able to leap over cringing family members in a single bound cheesy) and The Dreamcatcher are my all time favourites.

Gosh!! Stephen King is THE KINGcheesy

For Koontz, 'Intensity' is my best of the best. The novel was so...intense... So psychedelic, so frigging deep. Even Koontz himself admitted that writing the book emotionally wrung him out because of the intensity of the novel.

My favourite line in the novel is: ...she squeezed her butt tight, tighter than a politician's fist around a cash bribe...

After reading the book once, and again, and again, I couldn't go further because it always left me feeling weak inside.

That, my friend, is a classical work of art. That is the kind of creation most writers can only dream of smiley

The present generation of American writers are learners compared to these men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
yu liked it cheesy

Like what? Iffa give u blpw
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by IamLEGEND1: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
loool... No faint yet.... grin

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sassybae:
Lol told you he's around

Lol ok
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Like what? Iffa give u blpw
wit ur tiny hands? Relax...
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by IamLEGEND1: 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno:

market dey sell small small grin

wassup

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=IamLEGEND1 post=36861064][/quote]lol dem babes feeling d nigga..d way I do it..uh huh.. Mmaya mmaya eh... Dbanj sef... cheesy
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by IamLEGEND1: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Looool well done
I'm actually impressed

You're very smart or something.....
Not to inflate that ur ego more

i dont know if i've done anything impressive

but no matter

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
wit ur tiny hands? Relax...

Lol who is telling u my hands re tiny?
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
lol dem babes feeling d nigga..d way I do it..uh huh.. Mmaya mmaya eh... Dbanj sef... cheesy

undecided undecided undecided
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol who is telling u my hands re tiny?
ur pic... Can u lift a bag of cement?
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
I don't blame you.....
Was speaking in colloquial terms.... In fact think whatever you wanna think!

IamLEGEND1:

i dont know if i've done anything impressive
but no matter
That was partially sarcasm

I'm saying that your sweet talking skills are even making me jealous
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by IamLEGEND1: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
lol dem babes feeling d nigga..d way I do it..uh huh.. Mmaya mmaya eh... Dbanj sef... cheesy

you don even get to shave places sef

#InstructMeInTheArtOfWooing

1 Share

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ishilove:

I don't have a particular Christie favourite. All her books are wonderful!

You can try The Miss Marple Series, as well as those featuring Hercule Poirot, but all in all, the one that stands out is one about a lady who was always threatening to kill her husband because the man was a philandering artist. When unfortunately the man is murdered by poison, she is the first and only suspect. She is jailed, and dies in prison.

Twenty years later, her daughter hires Hercules Poirot, the investigator with a cone shaped head (lol) to clear her mother's name and it is later proved that the woman was innocent. The end was smashing! Totally unexpected! cheesy

I can't remember the name of that particular Christie novel (I was in my early teens when I read it) but it stands out in my memory.

I have so many favourite King novels, but The Shining, The Bodysnatchers (he watched her come out of the vehicle. Oh look, here comes Super Biitch, faster than a speeding hate mail, able to leap over cringing family members in a single bound cheesy) and The Dreamcatcher are my all time favourites. Gosh!! Stephen King is THE KINGcheesy
Oh Thanks, I would go hunting for ones you just recommended starting from this weekend. smiley

Oh Dreamcatcher shocked, another of my favorite from King. I read that book up to 3 times, . the first time I would read that nigga write about voodoo and raw black magic. grin

Okay Thanks all the same.
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I don't blame you.....
Was speaking in colloquial terms.... In fact think whatever you wanna think!

That was partially sarcasm

I'm saying that your sweet talking skills are even making me jealous
Hello Kulyie, how far? grin
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
Cutehector:
ur pic... Can u lift a bag of cement?

Lol I can even carry u grin cheesy
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Gurgle(f): 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww,she has a kind heart.

where is that kisses emoji sef

no matter....

how market na?

Market was fine, and how was your own
Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Nice. I used to read a lot don't really know what happened that made me stop grin

anyways you can maybe try this author Rhys Bowen? She's a mystery writer. Or at least look sha if you want

First time I'm speaking to an almighty mod grin

Lol. There's nothing 'almighty' about being a mod. It's a thankless job, trust me.

Rhys Bowen? Never hoid of her undecided

I used to be a voracious reader. Read my first full length novel when I was about 8 or 9 years of age. The Odyssey Files- by John Grisham (or is it Frederick Forsythe? I forget now). I remember that while reading it I didn't understand half of what was written, but I do remember the heroine having a quarrel with her boyfriend after a nice lunch in a restaurant. She comes down from the vehicle and marches away in anger while boify, a college professor drives off, also angry. Barely two minutes later, the car goes kaboom!! cheesy

The bomb that was meant to kill her kills her lover instead. The blast is so powerful that a piece of the man's foot is caught in a wire fence several yards away. How morbid grin

The heroine watches in horror as pieces of the car she just exited, and of her boyfriend are scattered merrily in wind. Lol. She turns and vomits the expensive lunch she just ate. End of scene. grin

I was 8 or 9 when I read this shaitza, but I still remember it so clearly. Since then I have read hundreds of novels, but in the past year I have struggled to finish one novel. So many distractions and responsibilities. And Nairaland grin

Sometimes I think social media will be the end of our reading culture in this generation. sad

1 Like

Re: "Chat Central and Derailer's Paradise"...Welcome! by Cutehector(m): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

you don even get to shave places sef

#InstructMeInTheArtOfWooing
kinglekan is my mentor cheesy...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) ... (2568) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.