Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,221 members, 7,950,231 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Setting Up Web Server Machine - Gurus Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Setting Up Web Server Machine - Gurus Please Help (623 Views)

Requirements For Setting Up A CBT Centre / Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / Anybody With Glo Internet Configuration Setting For Non-glo Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up Web Server Machine - Gurus Please Help by Obalende: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2009
Hello,

I am new to web development and decided to try out setting up my laptop as a partial development server. The objective was to install Apache, PHP and mySQL and get them all linked together and working together to create a website.

I successesfully installed Apache, and mySQL. I also downloaded and extracted a zip version of php and placed strategic dlls where they should be (following directions from a textbook). Then I added some lines to Apache conf file including php file types.

However, when I try view a page with php + html via a browser, it doesnt pick up the html file nor execute the php sections of it.

I have followed the instructions in book to the letter but still not working.

Anyone experienced something similar and do you have any suggestions on how to configure Apache to work with php.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy / Need Any Software Program At The Fullest Version ? / Which Do U Consider The Best Antivirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.