Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,346 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:47 PM

Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart (32220 Views)

Sunusi-gate: How Dangote 100 Million Bribe Tears Kano Assembly Apart / Inconclusive Election : Alex Otti Bribe Tears INEC Apart ---CNN, INEC / Over 500 Northern Pastors Endorse Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by chigoizie7(m): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
Pardon me to condemn the so called anoitted ones.(So to say) . That is how all of them keep telling us how naija will be or will not be, that is how they keep telling us weda election will hold or will not. I wonder the kind of God they serve to be giving them contradicting revelations, mtcheeew, wolves in sheep clothing.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Chigold101(m): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
ellechrystal:
Now I c, no wonder he has been going around different churches, some pastors sha, some times I wonder if God called them or money did. Smh.is that not d same meeting they handed him a bible?
Chai.
Some pastors r worse than politicians,
looking unto Jesus the author & finisher of our faith... If any christian dare look at any of these pastors... I pity that christian...humn

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by United4lyf(m): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
Billygee2u:
the northern christians,shame on you .you are shameless .
you are dragging christianity into buhari's muddy water of corruption .
GEJ is just laughing at you all,because his victory is sure.
I will advocate that GEJ ignore you northern so called christian when he continue for the second term .
the same Gej who folds his arms and watched many northern christians slaughtered like rams by some sycophants?
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by macaphan007(m): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2015
This is a disgrace,this is the height of corruption,and these are the people that are screaming "change",na wa oh,Look at the likes of Tinubu,Ameachi,Oshiomole etc,all these men are corrupt,lets open our eyes and our minds,do a bacckground check on all these men,We are screaming change change change,change to what?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Awwal1st(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
How much were they bribed...??

This pastors wanna give PDP egoat something to talk about...

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by philips70(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
I said it in a previous thread. The 6 weeks postponement is going to witness massive propaganda to gain back lost grounds. But one thing is sure, this is already written and can never be changed. PDP is just so desperate at the moment. They can even go to the extent of printing APC logos on rice, kerosine bottles and all sorts just to deceive the gullible public but it's too late.

A dollar will soon be N250 yet our economy is the largest in Africa only in Okonjo books.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Bekwarra(m): 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
KEVIND:

Actually, we were told that Gen. Buhari wanted to have an audience with us regarding his presidential aspiration. The idea was that it was going to be an interactive session. I believe this is a sponsored endorsement. Our patrons and leaders are too noble to bring us to this embarrassing situation this way.  There was no meeting or agreement that suggests that this organisation or all leaders of Christians in the North should come and endorse Gen. Buhari or any other presidential candidate…

The altar was desecrated yesterday as some clergymen from the North tricked their unsuspecting colleagues into a meeting in Abuja to endorse All Progressives Congress, APC presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari for the March 28 presidential election.
Signs that all was not well in the camp of the organisers started emerging at the venue of the meeting when some of the invited pastors complained that they were not told that the forum was called to endorse Buhari and his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
A group, which identified itself as Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-Eye Forum, spearheaded the meeting at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, where Buhari and Osinbajo were in attendance.
Some of the Christian leaders who openly protested the action of the patrons of the group, alleged that they were deceived into attending the meeting.
They alleged that the organisers told them that the meeting was put in place to enable the clergymen take up Buhari on some topical issues but lamented that it “turned out to be total declaration of support for Buhari.”
While some of the aggrieved pastors stormed out of the meeting, others stayed till the end.
They were however shocked when contrary to the organisers’ promise to give each participant either N50,000 or N100,000 (depending on the locations from whence they came), the funds released by a governor who bankrolled the meeting, was between N3,000 and N5,000. Some of the pastors said that the money given to them was not bribe but welfare package and insisted on collecting it.
It was learnt that the governor, whose identity was not disclosed, bankrolled the meeting with N500million.
In his address at the occasion with the theme: “Declaring Total Support for General Muhammadu Buhari,” the chairman of the Forum, Pastor Habu Aminchi, promised that his group would not only work for Buhari but would deliver 85 percent Christian votes in the North for the APC candidate.
However, some members of the group staged a walkout of the hall when Pastor Aminchi declared in the course of his speech that the Forum has endorsed Buhari for the presidential election.
The angry pastors said that they were neither involved in any meeting where such a decision was reached, nor were they informed about such a position to suggest endorsement of any presidential candidate or party in the forthcoming general elections.

Meeting initiated by Ango Abdullahi
Pastor Aminchi stated that the group used to work for the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, but that “what we are passing through today as a country made us to change our mind.”
According to him, the idea to convene the meeting came to him after Chairman of Northern Elders’ Forum, NEF, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, called him on phone and invited him for a chat.
Pastor Aminchi said that after his meeting with Prof. Abdullahi, he became convinced about the credibility of Buhari’s candidature against all the propaganda, an indication that all the negative media reports about him were all lies.
He described those who do not like the personality of Buhari as “attackers of destiny” who do not want him to succeed in his presidential bid to salvage the country from corruption, insecurity and declining economy.
Aminchi said he had since realised that all the propaganda against Buhari were false and were designed to smear his public image and make him an enemy of Christians in order to divide the political parties and the country along religious lines.
According to Pastor Aminchi, voting for Buhari means voting for Prof. Osibanjo, who is also a pastor. Buhari, according to him, is capable of restoring the country’s lost glory if he wins and reintroducing discipline and result-oriented anti-corruption campaign in the country, just like he did when he served as head of state.

The meeting is a fraud
However, several members of the Christian body alleged that Gen. Buhari and his party, APC, are sponsoring division among Christian communities in the North.
In an interview with Nigerian Pilot, Pastor Bitrus Yerima, the national president of Gospel Advancement Leadership Initiative and a member the Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-eyes Forum, said that most of the pastors, including himself, who attended the “endorsement meeting” had no prior knowledge of what was to happen at the event.
He said: “Actually, we were told that Gen. Buhari wanted to have an audience with us regarding his presidential aspiration. The idea was that it was going to be an interactive session. I believe this is a sponsored endorsement. Our patrons and leaders are too noble to bring us to this embarrassing situation this way.
“There was no meeting or agreement that suggests that this organisation or all leaders of Christians in the North should come and endorse Gen. Buhari or any other presidential candidates,” he said.
According to him, “whoever came up with this idea, I believe, is speaking his own mind and not that of Northern Christian leaders. What you just witnessed is a fraud. This Forum has no right to take such a decision the way it has taken. Our members comprise of people belonging to different political parties and it is our belief that our members are free to vote for any candidate of their choice,” he said.
Another pastor who sought anonymity told our correspondent that the agenda was dead on arrival.
“The fact is that we were taken unawares by this so-called endorsement. Some of us have invested our integrity in our spiritual assignment that we cannot sell ourselves so cheaply. There are going to be a lot of counter reactions to this embarrassing development after this moment.”
Outside the lobby of the ICC, pastors were sharply divided as they discussed the development and its implications on their integrity and sub-groups in the northern region. A group was overheard expressing its displeasure that they could be invited to such a “shameful programme.”
One of them told newsmen when he was approached that the endorsement was planned. “I am an insider and I know everything that is happening here.”
The cleric stated that he had been in Abuja since the beginning of the week for an important event before a friend who was one of the organisers of the event asked him to wait behind to attend the meeting.
“It was supposed to be an interactive discussion with Gen. Buhari by the pastors to hear from him the grievances of the clerics from the northern part of the country but dramatically, it turned out as an endorsement meeting. Of course, the pastors will collect their welfare packages and go back knowing full well that this is fake,” he said.
Another Jos-based clergyman lamented that he had been dribbled into what he described as a big scam by politicians in the forum who are working for APC.
“Some of us were promised N100,000 each if we come here (Abuja). Later, they said the money had been reduced to figure of N50,000.”
However, what aggravated the anger of the clerics was the way they said they were shabbily treated. “What is so annoying now is that they eventually gave those of us who came from Jos N5,000, and then doled out N3,000 to those within Abuja axis. It is regrettable to have come here at all,” he said.
When Pastor Aminchi was later asked by newsmen to react to the grievances of some of his members, he said that “all the members on our list were sponsored.”
Asked to clarify the contention that the issue of endorsement of Buhari or any other presidential candidate was never discussed in any of their previous meetings and if it was, did the executive council of the Forum send the resolutions to all members, Pastor Aminchi emphatically stated that, “the issue was well discussed and attended.
“We held meetings in Zaria and Kaduna last week. Anyone who has a dissenting voice against what we have just done is definitely not our member,” he said.
In an attempt to give the meeting a wider spread, some of the pastors registered their churches in the states of the North where they are not represented. They also included the names of churches whose leaders were invited but did not attend the meeting.
Among the northern Christian leaders in at the meeting included Pastor Paul Great of Methodist Church, Jos; Bishop Lawrence Awanorwo, New Creation School of Divinity, Niger State; Bishop Daniel Oboni, Christ Life Evangelistic Church, Bauchi State (instead of Jos); Bishop Musa Gomson, Unlimited Mercy and Glory Church, Gombe State (instead of Jos); Apostle (Dr.) Abraham Babe, World Christian Mission, Taraba State (operates in Jos); Paul Zumta, Alheri Baptist Church, Sokoto State; Rev. Sam Adejoh, Life Changer Christian Centre, Yobe (instead of Jos); Rev. Daniel D. Gonzuk, Amazing Grace, Benue State (operates in Jos); Rev. Emmanuel Edesiri, Destiny Path Assembly Int. Nasarawa State (instead of Jos), Rev. (Dr.) Sunday, Divine Latter Times, Borno State (instead of Jos) and others.
Beside Osinbajo, Buhari was accompanied to the meeting by former Chief of Army Staff and Director of Security Committee of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, Prof. Abdullahi and Gen. Paul Tarfa. Both Buhari and Osinbajo were presented copies of the Holy Bible at the meeting.

I’ll not promote one religion over another – Buhari
In his speech at the event, Buhari assured the Christian leaders that he would not promote one religion over another if elected president of Nigeria.
He said as a practicing Muslim, he never shared the views of any extremist group.
Buhari said: “I will not entertain, consider or promote the religious agenda of anyone. I will not condone any initiative that seeks to promote one religion over the other. Neither I, nor my party, or any member of my team has any desire or plan to Islamise or Christianise Nigeria or support anyone with such intention.
“Although I am a practicing Muslim, and I have been so all my life, I have never belonged to, nor shared the views of any extremist group. I am not even a cleric. I believe that religion is personal and private.
“Most of my bodyguards are Christians. If I have not Islamised these people who serve under me, how will I Islamise the likes of Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Ogbonnaya Onu, Governor Rochas Okorocha,
Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi Amaechi or Prof. Yemi Osinbajo who is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and a pastor?”
Buhari stressed that religion was never a factor with people he had worked with, saying what matters was that they were competent.
The APC candidate said Nigerians at all time should hold the unity, peace and progress of the country paramount and above all other considerations, especially politics.
http://nigerianpilot.com/endorsement-buharis-bribe-tears-northern-pastors-apart/
I'm coming back when it becomes hotter
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Akpan107(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
seunmsg:
Nonsense report. Nigerians, irrespective of religious and ethnic divide will vote en mass for GMB in the next presidential election. PDP can continue to sponsor all this useless propaganda but the truth is, Nigerians are not buying their poo. Change is inevitable in 2015.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Rexyl(m): 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Northern pastors why are you negotiating your calling for N3000, N5000, N50000 and more with Politicians? Are the political arenas the kingdom you are working for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by dorodee(m): 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
"Pastor Aminchi said that after his meeting with Prof. Abdullahi,
he became convinced about the credibility of Buhari’s
candidature against all the propaganda, an indication that all the
negative media reports about him were all lies.
He described those who do not like the personality of Buhari as
“attackers of destiny” who do not want him to succeed in his
presidential bid to salvage the country from corruption, insecurity
and declining economy".

So can't Buhari himself convince us about his credibility. .... why is he leaving it for northern elders. ..... hmmm am not surprise, birds of the same feathers!! #Nobody is born to rule.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Akpan107(m): 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
seunmsg:
Nonsense report. Nigerians, irrespective of religious and ethnic divide will vote en mass for GMB in the next presidential election. PDP can continue to sponsor all this useless propaganda but the truth is, Nigerians are not buying their poo. Change is inevitable in 2015.
There is no way Buhari will ever rule this Country again...

If i were him, i will stop wasting my Money on this fruitless journey.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Kennywills7(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Rexyl:

Everyone should by now open his or her eyes very well and vote his or her conscience. Sometimes ago governor Amaechi alleged that some pastors collected money from PDP, now it is from Buhari and APC. Haba! Greedy politicians are dragging pastors into politics for want of votes. Have they forgotten Christ's instruction that they can't serve God and mammon, they should stand firmly and choose who they want to listen to and serve, God or politicians. These politicians are out to use them and in the end invalidate their mandates.
That's d line i was trying to draw before one dude from no where started insulting me
When a man of God dive into worldly things they begin to lose focus, in time they start collecting bribes which is exactly what is happening in dis case
Secondly some of d pastors where deceive as they didn't know d agenda of d pastors dat made d arrangement for d meeting and dat is y some left d meeting
When someone sells his or her conscious d resultant is d best way of depriving d individual of his or her happiness
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by clevvermind(m): 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
OLADD:

When we say APC and Buhari are satanic, some people think we talk out of hatred. Everything, I mean the entirety of that party is a replica of Sodom and Gomorah, bottomless pit, evil mercantile and treachery. May God Almighty never allow them to set their evil feet on Nigerian presidency.
Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by nagoma(m): 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Jonathan started all these going after religious community

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by sammyj: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
Na wash, propaganda from PDP !!!
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by sammyj: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
Does this make it an authentic news my brother ?
rottenegg:

Names, venues, dates were mentioned...what is the propaganda here?

Its just shameful.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Akpan107(m): 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
jpphilips:
If any one should tell you that Buhari will Islamize Nigeria, ask him or her what it takes to islamise a country?
It is only in Nigeria a cesspit of m0r0ns that someone will say "don't vote for opposition" because he has Islamization agenda, In sane countries people will never take such an person serious.

The two State solution for Palestine and Israel where Palestine will be a predominantly Islamic state was proposed since 1974 and ratified under Camp David accord in 1978, if Palestine could not get an Islamic state in 41yrs, how on earth is Buhari supposed to do it in 4yrs?

Stop thinking like Nigerians, think like humans.

I will vote anything that is not Jonathan, make your decision today!!!
Buhari can only rule Nigeria in a dream!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by babasanti: 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
We all know the Governor that sponsored the meetings, Gov Thief Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by yerimastyle(m): 6:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
Daddy G O last week cursed pastor that receives bribe,touch GEJ cus the gate keeper has opened the pit of hell for pple against GEJ...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Excellentmind: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Any mansion erected on a faulty foundation must collapse!
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by volo112: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
NIGERIAN PILOT HAS A[b] PENCHANT FOR LIES[/b]. Search Results via google

Oct 20, 2013 - Prince Arthur Eze Sues Nigerian Pilot Newspaper Over Alleged Libel ... that the paper wrote a false story against him on October 17th 2013, ...

Press Release: Nigerian Pilot Newspaper False Allegation ...
m.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=4407

Nigerian Pilot: A Newspaper's Penchant For Fiction And Lies

Court summons Nigerian Pilot editor, reporter over story in suit against Rivers C J. THE LIST IS ENDLESS . the editors can do anything for money. if u can believe nigerian pilot newspaper headline, then u can believe anything
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by mekadinho(f): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
APC EQUALS SCAM AND BRAIN WASH...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by babestella: 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Skillbobralph:
Lol. Hijacking people and forcefully using their head. Is this what will happen if he eventually wins. Hmmm

This is nothing. If he manages to win Nigerians will pay dearly for electing him, but God forbid evil in our land.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by ellechrystal(f): 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
Chigold101:
looking unto Jesus the author & finisher of our faith... If any christian dare look at any of these pastors... I pity that christian...humn
I tell u o.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by babestella: 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
I saw the yèyè meeting and endorsement on AIT this morning and I knew it was all fraud. Now it has become news. APC will never relent in forging documents, meetings, fake endorsements just to deceive the gullible. If they can forge a WASC result, they can forge anything. This days IT has perfected everything about forgingincluding audio and video propaganda.
APC IS FRAUD.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by babestella: 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
volo112:
NIGERIAN PILOT HAS A[b] PENCHANT FOR LIES[/b]. Search Results via google

Oct 20, 2013 - Prince Arthur Eze Sues Nigerian Pilot Newspaper Over Alleged Libel ... that the paper wrote a false story against him on October 17th 2013, ...

Press Release: Nigerian Pilot Newspaper False Allegation ...
m.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=4407

Nigerian Pilot: A Newspaper's Penchant For Fiction And Lies

Court summons Nigerian Pilot editor, reporter over story in suit against Rivers C J. THE LIST IS ENDLESS . the editors can do anything for money. if u can believe nigerian pilot newspaper headline, then u can believe anything

No, I saw it on AIT this morning. This one is true.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by volo112: 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
let not judge the pastors yet. if it were to be from a reputable newspaper it would have been believable. nevertheless, if this story is real, i can bet u, other media houses will start reporting it soonest. let the waiting beginsssssssssss

ellechrystal:

I tell u o.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by volo112: 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
i saw the endorsement on tv yesterday also. As a christain, i do not support religious leaders publicly endorsing any candidate, it is wrong. religion and politics should be seperated. nigeria as it is today has been further polarised along ethnic and religious line. the bribery aspect is where i dont believe nigerian pilot sir. Do you think buhari or osibanjo is that stupid?? to offer money knowing fully well that they are been watched to make a mistake in which the pdp will capitalize on. why is it that christains leaders are the ones endorsing people this days. the muslim clerics are not doing this. i think we need a revival in the christaindom
babestella:

No, I saw it on AIT this morning. This one is true.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by hardbody: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
KEVIND:

Actually, we were told that Gen. Buhari wanted to have an audience with us regarding his presidential aspiration. The idea was that it was going to be an interactive session. I believe this is a sponsored endorsement. Our patrons and leaders are too noble to bring us to this embarrassing situation this way.  There was no meeting or agreement that suggests that this organisation or all leaders of Christians in the North should come and endorse Gen. Buhari or any other presidential candidate…

The altar was desecrated yesterday as some clergymen from the North tricked their unsuspecting colleagues into a meeting in Abuja to endorse All Progressives Congress, APC presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari for the March 28 presidential election.
Signs that all was not well in the camp of the organisers started emerging at the venue of the meeting when some of the invited pastors complained that they were not told that the forum was called to endorse Buhari and his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
A group, which identified itself as Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-Eye Forum, spearheaded the meeting at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, where Buhari and Osinbajo were in attendance.
Some of the Christian leaders who openly protested the action of the patrons of the group, alleged that they were deceived into attending the meeting.
They alleged that the organisers told them that the meeting was put in place to enable the clergymen take up Buhari on some topical issues but lamented that it “turned out to be total declaration of support for Buhari.”
While some of the aggrieved pastors stormed out of the meeting, others stayed till the end.
They were however shocked when contrary to the organisers’ promise to give each participant either N50,000 or N100,000 (depending on the locations from whence they came), the funds released by a governor who bankrolled the meeting, was between N3,000 and N5,000. Some of the pastors said that the money given to them was not bribe but welfare package and insisted on collecting it.
It was learnt that the governor, whose identity was not disclosed, bankrolled the meeting with N500million.
In his address at the occasion with the theme: “Declaring Total Support for General Muhammadu Buhari,” the chairman of the Forum, Pastor Habu Aminchi, promised that his group would not only work for Buhari but would deliver 85 percent Christian votes in the North for the APC candidate.
However, some members of the group staged a walkout of the hall when Pastor Aminchi declared in the course of his speech that the Forum has endorsed Buhari for the presidential election.
The angry pastors said that they were neither involved in any meeting where such a decision was reached, nor were they informed about such a position to suggest endorsement of any presidential candidate or party in the forthcoming general elections.

Meeting initiated by Ango Abdullahi
Pastor Aminchi stated that the group used to work for the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, but that “what we are passing through today as a country made us to change our mind.”
According to him, the idea to convene the meeting came to him after Chairman of Northern Elders’ Forum, NEF, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, called him on phone and invited him for a chat.
Pastor Aminchi said that after his meeting with Prof. Abdullahi, he became convinced about the credibility of Buhari’s candidature against all the propaganda, an indication that all the negative media reports about him were all lies.
He described those who do not like the personality of Buhari as “attackers of destiny” who do not want him to succeed in his presidential bid to salvage the country from corruption, insecurity and declining economy.
Aminchi said he had since realised that all the propaganda against Buhari were false and were designed to smear his public image and make him an enemy of Christians in order to divide the political parties and the country along religious lines.
According to Pastor Aminchi, voting for Buhari means voting for Prof. Osibanjo, who is also a pastor. Buhari, according to him, is capable of restoring the country’s lost glory if he wins and reintroducing discipline and result-oriented anti-corruption campaign in the country, just like he did when he served as head of state.

The meeting is a fraud
However, several members of the Christian body alleged that Gen. Buhari and his party, APC, are sponsoring division among Christian communities in the North.
In an interview with Nigerian Pilot, Pastor Bitrus Yerima, the national president of Gospel Advancement Leadership Initiative and a member the Northern Christian Leaders Eagle-eyes Forum, said that most of the pastors, including himself, who attended the “endorsement meeting” had no prior knowledge of what was to happen at the event.
He said: “Actually, we were told that Gen. Buhari wanted to have an audience with us regarding his presidential aspiration. The idea was that it was going to be an interactive session. I believe this is a sponsored endorsement. Our patrons and leaders are too noble to bring us to this embarrassing situation this way.
“There was no meeting or agreement that suggests that this organisation or all leaders of Christians in the North should come and endorse Gen. Buhari or any other presidential candidates,” he said.
According to him, “whoever came up with this idea, I believe, is speaking his own mind and not that of Northern Christian leaders. What you just witnessed is a fraud. This Forum has no right to take such a decision the way it has taken. Our members comprise of people belonging to different political parties and it is our belief that our members are free to vote for any candidate of their choice,” he said.
Another pastor who sought anonymity told our correspondent that the agenda was dead on arrival.
“The fact is that we were taken unawares by this so-called endorsement. Some of us have invested our integrity in our spiritual assignment that we cannot sell ourselves so cheaply. There are going to be a lot of counter reactions to this embarrassing development after this moment.”
Outside the lobby of the ICC, pastors were sharply divided as they discussed the development and its implications on their integrity and sub-groups in the northern region. A group was overheard expressing its displeasure that they could be invited to such a “shameful programme.”
One of them told newsmen when he was approached that the endorsement was planned. “I am an insider and I know everything that is happening here.”
The cleric stated that he had been in Abuja since the beginning of the week for an important event before a friend who was one of the organisers of the event asked him to wait behind to attend the meeting.
“It was supposed to be an interactive discussion with Gen. Buhari by the pastors to hear from him the grievances of the clerics from the northern part of the country but dramatically, it turned out as an endorsement meeting. Of course, the pastors will collect their welfare packages and go back knowing full well that this is fake,” he said.
Another Jos-based clergyman lamented that he had been dribbled into what he described as a big scam by politicians in the forum who are working for APC.
“Some of us were promised N100,000 each if we come here (Abuja). Later, they said the money had been reduced to figure of N50,000.”
However, what aggravated the anger of the clerics was the way they said they were shabbily treated. “What is so annoying now is that they eventually gave those of us who came from Jos N5,000, and then doled out N3,000 to those within Abuja axis. It is regrettable to have come here at all,” he said.
When Pastor Aminchi was later asked by newsmen to react to the grievances of some of his members, he said that “all the members on our list were sponsored.”
Asked to clarify the contention that the issue of endorsement of Buhari or any other presidential candidate was never discussed in any of their previous meetings and if it was, did the executive council of the Forum send the resolutions to all members, Pastor Aminchi emphatically stated that, “the issue was well discussed and attended.
“We held meetings in Zaria and Kaduna last week. Anyone who has a dissenting voice against what we have just done is definitely not our member,” he said.
In an attempt to give the meeting a wider spread, some of the pastors registered their churches in the states of the North where they are not represented. They also included the names of churches whose leaders were invited but did not attend the meeting.
Among the northern Christian leaders in at the meeting included Pastor Paul Great of Methodist Church, Jos; Bishop Lawrence Awanorwo, New Creation School of Divinity, Niger State; Bishop Daniel Oboni, Christ Life Evangelistic Church, Bauchi State (instead of Jos); Bishop Musa Gomson, Unlimited Mercy and Glory Church, Gombe State (instead of Jos); Apostle (Dr.) Abraham Babe, World Christian Mission, Taraba State (operates in Jos); Paul Zumta, Alheri Baptist Church, Sokoto State; Rev. Sam Adejoh, Life Changer Christian Centre, Yobe (instead of Jos); Rev. Daniel D. Gonzuk, Amazing Grace, Benue State (operates in Jos); Rev. Emmanuel Edesiri, Destiny Path Assembly Int. Nasarawa State (instead of Jos), Rev. (Dr.) Sunday, Divine Latter Times, Borno State (instead of Jos) and others.
Beside Osinbajo, Buhari was accompanied to the meeting by former Chief of Army Staff and Director of Security Committee of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, Prof. Abdullahi and Gen. Paul Tarfa. Both Buhari and Osinbajo were presented copies of the Holy Bible at the meeting.

I’ll not promote one religion over another – Buhari
In his speech at the event, Buhari assured the Christian leaders that he would not promote one religion over another if elected president of Nigeria.
He said as a practicing Muslim, he never shared the views of any extremist group.
Buhari said: “I will not entertain, consider or promote the religious agenda of anyone. I will not condone any initiative that seeks to promote one religion over the other. Neither I, nor my party, or any member of my team has any desire or plan to Islamise or Christianise Nigeria or support anyone with such intention.
“Although I am a practicing Muslim, and I have been so all my life, I have never belonged to, nor shared the views of any extremist group. I am not even a cleric. I believe that religion is personal and private.
“Most of my bodyguards are Christians. If I have not Islamised these people who serve under me, how will I Islamise the likes of Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Ogbonnaya Onu, Governor Rochas Okorocha,
Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi Amaechi or Prof. Yemi Osinbajo who is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and a pastor?”
Buhari stressed that religion was never a factor with people he had worked with, saying what matters was that they were competent.
The APC candidate said Nigerians at all time should hold the unity, peace and progress of the country paramount and above all other considerations, especially politics.
http://nigerianpilot.com/endorsement-buharis-bribe-tears-northern-pastors-apart/

Summarize please.
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Osakah24(m): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
Zoharariel:
I only pity the gullible christians following & pampering these stomach infrastructure pastors with their offerings & tithe. They serve no god but their pockets.

Cecilia Ibru was honoured with a private seat at the MFM Prayer City because of the Billions of money she donated.[No 1 seats on her chair even when she doesn't come to church]

The Bible & the Quran; an opium dose for keeping beasts of burden patient while they are being overloaded, a mere book to keep the poor in order.
Ever since I saw through this facts I have become very careful with all this religious clerics. I really wonder the kind of change we will be witnessing if buhari wins.Most people against Jonathan are purely blinded by hate.That's why they attack his name, his village, his wife even his qualifications just to smear his name. I really want to witness this change and all this elephant promises
Re: Buhari’s Bribe Tears Northern Pastors Apart by Realist2: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote
author=OREMUSSANCTUS post=30687022]And christians will allow dis
maggots to enter d church to go talk politics, can osibanjo go to d
mosque to campaign? I pity dose christians dat kip shouting change, go
ask who a typical fulani is. Dey are so deceitful and wicked, wif an
unforgiven spirit. See d way dey re dividing christians, and all muslims
re talking abt buhari. Ve ya ever wondered y d man kips using pastors?
Cos he feels he will use dat to divide christians vote and collect d
vote from d west cos he's a yoruba man dey will vote for him, buh God
cannot be mocked. He will surely fail. Wise up dose shouting
change![/quote] tanx very much for this comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT / Nigerians In London Protest Over Tribal/Religious Killings In Plateau (Photos) / Nigerian Patriots, NP Political Movement Formed By Topshots From PDP, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.