Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,779 members, 7,924,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 03:29 PM

8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day (453 Views)

What Is Your Plan(s) For This Valentine's Day / 10 Unusual Ways To Maintain Romantic Fireworks In Your Marriage / 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by factpost(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2015
http://4.bp..com/-TIF0jmRsQdg/VN2aPLB2XZI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/cztgmETEu7c/s1600/Best-Valentines-Day-Gift-Ideas-for-Men.jpg

Although I don’t like to recommend people to skip Valentine’s Day, I do realize many of us are not going to celebrate the day of love this year. Gone are the days of celebrating Valentine’s Day with sweethearts, or even celebrating this holiday at all. It’s an ordinary day when you can accomplish many important tasks, have a spa day at home or simply watch your favorite shows. If you have a few friends who also want to skip Valentine’s Day, you can have lots of fun together. Check out a few unusual ways to skip Valentine’s Day and pick your favorite one.

1. Unplug
First of all, switch off your phone and avoid social media. I don’t recommend watching TV as well. The thing is, Valentine’s Day is highly overrated and commercialized these days. Save your money, your nerves and your time on February 14. It’s a good idea to have some me time without anyone disturbing you. Last year my sister decided to skip Valentine’s Day. She had a happy day until her toxic friend called her and told her about her romantic dinner and details about her romantic night and then she said she’s so sorry that my sister’s so lonely on Valentine’s Day. In fact, my sister didn’t feel lonely and she really enjoyed her day, but that phone call spoiled the whole evening. Don’t let anyone hurt your feelings, switch off your phone and enjoy the day of love to the fullest! Don’t forget to invite your single friends, if they want to skip Valentine’s Day as well.

2. Start learning a new language
One of the most useful yet unusual ways to spend Valentine’s Day is to start learning a new language. Yes, spending the whole day in front of your laptop or TV is a tempting idea, but why not do something more useful. People who know and speak at least two foreign languages are well-rounded. They have more opportunities to travel, make more new friends and understand other people and their cultures, because when you learn a new language, you learn a new culture.

3. Watch some travel shows
Whether you are a travel junkie or just want to know more about other countries in the world, spend your day watching some travel shows. You will learn many interesting, useful and surprising facts while relaxing at home. One of the things I love about travel shows is that they show us how people live around the world, what they eat, their hobbies and their traditions. It can help you realize how happy and lucky you are to live in your country, or maybe you will choose a place you want to visit or move to.

4. Read an inspirational book
If you are fond of reading, this may be a good way to skip Valentine’s Day. I don’t recommend reading romance books. Look for some inspirational books like the Seasons of Life by Jim Rohn. I believe in the power of books. I believe that they can change our lives. Sure, one book won’t make you happier and more successful, but you can learn some useful things from inspirational books and make some changes in your life.

Read more at http://www.healthterminalnews.com/2015/02/8-unusual-ways-to-skip-valentines-day.html
Re: 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by AmakaDNB(f): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
HEHEHE...
Re: 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by buygala(m): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
Jump in front of a moving Train Today...

Best way to skip Valentine forever embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by veekid(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2015
can't work for me
Re: 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2015
But why's the pressure on guys alone?
Re: 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 13, 2015
tooooo long!!!

drink strong acid and you will never have to worry about Valentine again

broke ass niggars
Re: 8 Unusual Ways To Skip Valentine’s Day by emaginltd: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
Spice up ur vals by getting adult toys for ur partner.
Visit www.sunbies.com

(1) (Reply)

My Letter To All Val Celebrants... / 5 Valentine’s Day Ideas For Couples / Pls Share Ur Val Story Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.