Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,960 members, 7,949,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Should Israel Show More Restraint In The Gaza Crisis? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Should Israel Show More Restraint In The Gaza Crisis? (765 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Why Are The Arab Countries Mute On Gaza-israel War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Israel Show More Restraint In The Gaza Crisis? by kevd2: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2009
Do you think Israel should show more restraint in the current crisis because let's face it, there has been disproportionate use of violence and force by the Israelis and the Millitary Action is counter producive.It is causing untold carnage,destruction, trauma on innocent children, starvation, fear and is puhsing moderate palestinians to the edge.

Not that support the actions of Hammas, as a matter of fact I not only detest and do not recognise them, I hold them responsbile for the suffering of the citizens of Gaza they are nothing but stupid hypocritical Terrorists.
But Hammas are trying to dupe the world into getting International sympathy by using ordinary Palestinians as human shields or trying to invite Israeli Agression to stir resentment,push moderate palestinians towards extremism which only serves their cause and gives them legitimacyand so far Israel seems to be playing according to thier script.
Finally, I support Israel's right to existence and right to defend herself, but the thier current strategy is not only counter-productive but creates an environment for an endless pool of Hammas recruits and will not produce the long term results that Israel desires.
Nairalanders what do you think?
(for extemists pls remember that you are Nigerians not Israelis or Palestinians)
Re: Should Israel Show More Restraint In The Gaza Crisis? by FrankC3: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2009
No. Israeli leaders are only carrying out their constitutional responsibility, defending their citizens from the rockets emanating from hamaz (which by ideology and nature is a violent organization committed to the extermination of Israel).

Those guys fired more than 300 rockets into Israel without any particular target. That to me is an act of aggression and i know how our past president (Gen Sani Abacha) will respond to that. The last time i checked, the purpose of war is to affect maximum destruction to your enemies. Restraint is not a language of war, ask Gowon and he will tell you thesame thing.
Re: Should Israel Show More Restraint In The Gaza Crisis? by idupaul: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2009
isreal should protect innocent gazans

(1) (Reply)

South African Satellite Launch Likely To Be Held Back / WORLD NEWS: Over 700,000 People Displaced After Double Earthquake Hits China / Libyans Apologise For The Killing Of Ambassador Stevens(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.