Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,762 members, 7,930,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:10 PM

Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? (4549 Views)

Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / The Unilag Electric Shock. The True Story!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Vstuffs(m): 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2015
I was surprise today,
my room light went off today,then my roommate( an electrical-engineering student-UNN) try to repair it(Hostel light)

He demanded for slippers to wear on his foot first before he touch the live naked wire, and start joining all the wires together without any feeling of electric shock or use of pliers(HE USE HIS HAND TO JOIN LIVE WIRES) despite the fact that there is still electricity around the hostel and the wire is a live wire.
My question is do slippers allow earthing and does it also prevent electricity shock ?

The wire is directly from the Hostel main source of electricity(which supply the rooms in the hostel electricity),therefore it is carrying a moderate current(which can result to death(due to electric shock))

Warning: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME....YOU MAY EXPERIENCE ELECTRIC SHOCK
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
There is no way he used his bare hand to join live wires. He would have been electrocuted no matter the juju.

2 Likes

Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by ArchEnemy(m): 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
Tandullceblog:
There is no way he used his bare hand to join live wires. He would have been electrocuted no matter the juju.
grin

Warning: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME....YOU MAY EXPERIENCE ELECTRIC SHOCK......
@Op: thanks for the warning. It means you know its a dangerous act.
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Folksyharry(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
like the poster above me said don't try this method at home.
the reason he was not electrocuted is because the slipper is acting as an insulation. for current to flow the circuit has to be complete(that is flow from the live wire to neutral wire) and in this case the slipper is the only material stopping the current from flowing. If his feet makes contact with the floor the ground will act as the neutral and that is when a person can sustain electric shock. if the slipper is wet the person will also be electrocuted.
I hope I was able to make some sense.

2 Likes

Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by fr3do(m): 8:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
Maybe he was handling the neutral wire.
Slippers reduces the amount of current that will flow but it doesn't stop current entirely..

1 Like

Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Vstuffs(m): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
fr3do:
Maybe he was handling the neutral wire.
Slippers reduces the amount of current that will flow but it doesn't stop current entirely..
100% sure..it was the positive...because all rooms have their neutral inside the room..only positive wires are outside

Folksyharry:
the reason he was not electrocuted is because the slipper is acting as an insulation. for current to flow the circuit has to be complete(that is flow from the live wire to neutral wire) and in this case the slipper is the only material stopping the current from flowing. If his feet makes contact with the floor the ground will act as the neutral and that is when a person can sustain electric shock. if the slipper is wet the person will also be electrocuted.
Thanks..for the explanation
Please what of holding of breath,is it also applicable
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Vstuffs(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
Tandullceblog:
It is real no JUJU..this is not the first time he will do something like that..all he need is a slippers and he will touch the live wire with his BARE hand

DO NOT TRY AT HOME
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Vstuffs:

It is real no JUJU..this is not the first time he will do something like that..all he need is a slippers and he will touch the live wire with his BARE hand

DO NOT TRY AT HOME

Lieeh! I say it is not possible!!
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Folksyharry(m): 1:28am On Feb 14, 2015
Vstuffs:

Thanks..for the explanation
Please what of holding of breath,is it also applicable

that doesn't work. don't ever try that.
even the slipper has its own limit that is why you see electrical engineers and technicians using safety boots in the industry(people have been electrocuted even with the safety boot so isolating the source of power remains the best)
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Vstuffs(m): 5:57am On Feb 14, 2015
Folksyharry:

that doesn't work. don't ever try that.
even the slipper has its own limit that is why you see electrical engineers and technicians using safety boots in the industry(people have been electrocuted even with the safety boot so isolating the source of power remains the best)
Thanks a lot .I have learn a lot from you
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by laryom1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
Folksyharry:
Electrons flow from the wire through the body causes shocks due to the fact that blood in our body contains ionic compounds and hence when electron is passed, it's the movement of the electons through the blood that cause this shocks( ionic compound split into +ve and -ve ion on the passage and electron is attracted by the +ve charges dissociated, the excess electrons is the key factor in the shocks.. The above explanation is also responsible for the no-breathing-act too cuz the oxygen has been cut short(haemogloblin contains iron compound which is the positive ion, oxygen deficiency reduces its efficiency). The only safest protection is using a rubber glove that wont conduct electrons.
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Vstuffs(m): 7:51pm On Feb 14, 2015
getting new facts
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by c0ast0l: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
It is very simple but scary & you don't need any medicine (juju) even paracetamol to perform this trick...

Just like this
1, Remove anything made of iron from your body i.e your wrist watch, bangle,ring anything! Even your belt head.. Don't allow anything iron to touch your body

2, don't try this when your body, clothes or anything is wet

3, don't allow body contact with anything i.e the floor, wall etc except your SLIPPERS... Just be yourself & stand on your own

4, don't try this with bare foot, WEAR BATHROOM SLIPPERS

when your have do & abstain from all those things that i mention grab the live wire without fear of electric shock.. I swear, it can never shock you unless you touch it with ill liver i.e with fear.

I have done this thing uncountable times even touching live wire direct from phcn pole.
I have no scientific/electrical proof to back this up but learn & try it first with your electrical appliances, live outlet nor anything that have current below 220v before trying it with current direct From phcn pole

disclaimer- i will not be hold responsible if anything bad happen to you on the process of trying this.
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by carik(m): 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
c0ast0l:
It is very simple but scary & you don't need any medicine (juju) even paracetamol to perform this trick...

Just like this
1, Remove anything made of iron from your body i.e your wrist watch, bangle,ring anything! Even your belt head.. Don't allow anything iron to touch your body

2, don't try this when your body, clothes or anything is wet

3, don't allow body contact with anything i.e the floor, wall etc except your SLIPPERS... Just be yourself & stand on your own

4, don't try this with bare foot, WEAR BATHROOM SLIPPERS

when your have do & abstain from all those things that i mention grab the live wire without fear of electric shock.. I swear, it can never shock you unless you touch it with ill liver i.e with fear.

I have done this thing uncountable times even touching live wire direct from phcn pole.
I have no scientific/electrical proof to back this up but learn & try it first with your electrical appliances, live outlet nor anything that have current below 220v before trying it with current direct From phcn pole

disclaimer- i will not be hold responsible if anything bad happen to you on the process of trying this.

Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by Vstuffs(m): 1:33am On Feb 15, 2015
c0ast0l:

shocked shocked PHCN POLE lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ? by princealexndre(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2017
Hmm a man repaired my house electricity touching all the wires with his hand and tester.

(1) (Reply)

First Class Student Barred From Graduation For Refusal To Shave Beard / Unilorin Resumption Date / How To Download Complete Project Materials Chapter 1-5 At www.projectng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.