Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,055 members, 7,906,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. (472 Views)

23 INEC Officials Arrested During Rivers Rerun Appear In Court In Abuja(pics) / EFCC Officials At Fani-Kayode's Asokoro House In Abuja / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. by PGON(m): 7:37am On Feb 14, 2015
On 13th Feb., 2015, I traveled to Abakaliki, Ebonyi State capital to get my permanent voters card (PVC). Because I lost my TVC to fire incidence in 2014, I can only remember few things on the TVC. I can still remember the location where the card was issued. I got the card while I was doing my internship at Federal Medical Centre Abakaliki (now Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki). After numerous inquires and consultations, I confirmed that the card is at Ebonyi Local Government Secretariat. Ebonyi Local Government Secretariat is about 33minutes ride on a speed (60-80km/h) bike. When I got to the secretariat, it was 2:51PM, the last INEC staff at the secretariat was about to enter his motorcycle when I stopped him.
The discussion went thus:
PGon: Good afternoon Sir,
INEC staff: Yes?
PGon: I came to collect my Permanent voter’s card.
INEC staff: All my colleagues have gone, I don't have access to the lock where the cards are kept.

PGon: Please sir, I came all the way from Onitsha, Anambra state just to collect this card and go back. Can you call your colleague on phone?

INEC staff: Not Possible. We have closed.

(another bike stopped, a guy walked into the secretariat and joined the conversation).

New Guy: (Sensed what is happening) Sir, I'm came from Abia State to collect my PVC.

INEC staff: (pushed his motorbike outside the gate) Please come out, I want to lock the gate.
(we walked towards the gate, and begged him to see reason to help us get our PVC but he refused)
New Guysadoutside the gate) please sir I will give you something if you help us.
PGonsad nodded, feeling bad though) Yes!

INEC staff: (listened, guessed for a while) Others have gone, I can't open the office now, I don't have the keys to the PVC lock. You can come back on Monday around, 8:30am or 9:00am to collect the card. (closed the gate).

PGon: (Not happy with the situation, walked with the new guy, towards the bikeman) let's go back to Abalaliki town. I may travel back to Onitsha today.

New Guy: I'm traveling to Umuahia, let me join you guys.

I was feeling bitter about the situation of things. Election is coming very soon, but these guys are not representing INEC at all. They are busy frustrating and disenfranchising citizens.
Re: INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. by PGON(m): 9:20am On Feb 14, 2015
What you hear on radio, see on tele is different from what we observe.
Re: INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. by PGON(m): 9:24am On Feb 14, 2015
Lots of people have not collected their PVC. I'm sure INEC staff know the importance of PVC..
Doubts.
Re: INEC Officials At Local Government Secretariats, Not Serious. by stevoski059(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
in Imo especially owerri north all those that registered in 2011 have not gotten their pvcs

(1) (Reply)

Teampdpcardtearersassociation / NEC Office Burgled Again By Gunmen, And Pvcs Carted Away In Delta State / Buhari: I’m Not In Any London Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.