Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,031 members, 7,966,797 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:47 PM

Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives - Family (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives (274668 Views)

Before you Interfere In Any Marital Scuffle. / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Kimoni: 1:32pm On Feb 19, 2015
ichidodo:
You're now being hypocritical because you want (hook or crook) your country man to marry the girl,you stylishly avoided calling her father a tribal bigot but you accuse us of the same thing the father is keen on to avoid the predicament of his friend's daughter.......See your life.

My country man shocked by hook or sinker shocked shocked

I will never call her father names because he is her father and I respect him as much as I will respect my own father. Yet, I won't agree with his tribal fears just the way his own daughter does not agree with him on this issue, however, it doesn't take anything away from our understanding of why he has taken that position but still for us, real character and true love should override tribal fears.

So I empathise with people of your generation who should know better and strive towards changing things for the better but instead, are turning out worse than our parents. Nothing can be more sickening than that my dear.

10 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Kimoni: 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
ichidodo:
Not our problem seeing that you're acting true to your job description sniffing goat's bottoms and ichidodo's comments...we cannot be bothered.

Alert me when you start making sense!!!
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
BABE3:
Herzumpther, I'm so sorry to burst your bubble.

Since your dad is against you marrying this guy, you'll need to let go of the emotions/butterlies and start doing your homework about the guy, logically.

The worst place to be in a marriage as a woman, is having a bad spouse and having parents that warned you against him. You'll be completely alone if you later find out this man isn't who you think he is.

so firstly,
-you said he shuttles from Nigeria to america. Have you made sure he doesn't have a second life in America?

secondly,
-you said he's a virgin and you're not. I think it's important to make sure you're sexùally compatible. I don't know how that'll happen but I believe it's important, to avoid stories that touch grin

sexùal incompatibility which often leads to infidelity is a leading cause of divorce.

thirdly,
-How well do you know him ? Knowing someone on the surface is way different from knowing someone on a deep level.

You should ponder on those. Get a pen and paper. Let go of emotions. Do your pros and cons list. Do a background check too.

and what next if all these come out positive?

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by BABE3: 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
alutacontinua:

and what next if all these come out positive?

ask for dad's blessings by fire by force. cheesy

My point is, it'll be better if she's totally sure if he's the right man before involving her dad.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by ichidodo: 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2015
christabeli:
Do you want to turn this beautiful thread into a war zone? you have given your advice, please let it go
Not really....we just want the best for everybody at this point and to be very sincere with ourselves instead of hiding behind issues to accuse people of what they aren't and blackmailing others into taking decisions that might hurt them forever..
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by ichidodo: 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
Kimoni:

[s]
Alert me when you start making sense!!![/s]
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Kimoni: 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
[quote author=ichidodo post=30880023][/quote]

bereft of ideas??
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
alutacontinua:

Herz, I know how much you love your dad....
I happen to be my dad's only daughter, first child too smiley and you need to see the look on the man's face when he's introducing me to people....the 'meet my only daughter' part amuses me cheesy like is that my name? undecided cheesy
All these story just to tell you nobody understands a father-daughter bond as much as I do....
I used to think my aversion to offending my dad was out of fear until I moved faaaaar away across seas and oceans (where even if he wants to touch me, he needs a minimum of 48 hours to reach) and I still cannot stand offending the man. If the man calls me on phone now and says 'aluta, why did you do this' even with the slightest form of anger in his voice, my next 2 days don spoil be that. Na so I go dey feel terrible....that was when I knew it was just out of love that I cannot say 'no' to the man. However, over the years, I have come to realise that we cannot live our parent's lives for them. My dad is much more over-bearing, last time I came home, he was almost dictating clothes to put on for me (said I was spilling cleavage angry cheesy ...na just small show oo cheesy ).....At some point, you would have to look dad in the face and tell him it's Lekan you want or no-one else. The last guy I and my parents had a discussion about, myself, I had freed him anyways, so, when my mum started giving 1001 reasons not to be with him, I didn't really bother. But I know if that guy was all I wanted, we would have had to talk through those reasons. Let your dad know point blank with tears in your eyes and all the seriousness in the world that if Lekan should go, he should sha know that is it. No hubby again! cheesy I'm sure he doesn't want that wink

Our parenrs have lives their lives, made their mistakes, had their failures and successes, taken their risks and that is what has shapened them. Tbaba created a thread some days ago the cowardice of parents, and I totally understand them. Parents are naturally inclined to protect their children but sometimes, they overdo it even without them knowing. After all these cajoling and begging, I sincerely hope it works, but if it doesn't, it's time to a big girl for daddy for just some few minutes. It's gonna be tough, as I dey type sef, me sef no know if I fit but it's your last resort.

Your instincts, mind and all are totally with this guy, dad needs a better reason that his yorubaness to deny you of such love.

The downside to this method is that you might end up with dad's permissive will, with faith that all works out well, might take a few years for dad to finally warm up to him.
No one knows the future, anything can happen! But you just have to hope for the best. Dad's choice might be right or wrong, your choice might be right or wrong. God forbid but even if this is a mistake, you want it to be yours and not dad's!

I wish you all the best!
-Aluta!
Chai aluta you really understand and I feel about my dad. All my years in school if I want to do sometimes I will just see my dad watching and I will be like dad won't be proud of me. I love him and he loves me to the extent that if he says no money in the house, my siblings will come to me because they know I will just go to a part of the house where he keeps money and bring it out and once its Herz he won't complain. He loves me too that he can afford to say no this for anybody and will say Herz come with me to my car I want you to help me with a case file and when we get there he will say take, the same thing he will tell my siblings he doesn't have. We are so close and mum calls me his left eyes. When he told me I should forget Yoruba last January I kept quiet thinking it will he easy to change his mind and funny enough, people tell this to their mum first but I told dad first before mum. The more reason why his no is confusing me because..... Its me o, its me Herz, he doesn't refuse me anything I ask for except he doesn't have. This one is so strong. Few weeks ago my cousin married a man from Oyo state. If you ask him why he keeps saying No he will say lagosians marry plenty and maltreat their wives and if I talk more he will say Herz you don't go out, you know nothing. Come and do y manicure please

Somebody said I don't love Lekan enough, that's not true, I do and he loves me too. I tried an Igbo guy but .......please, I don't have such strong heart and disobedience is one thing I didn't grow up with. How can I marry without my father's blessings? I can only hope for the best.

Aluta, to be honest this ish is one I've been silent on until i saw this thread. I've gotten advice and encouragement from here. I'm hoping it end well but if it does not...hmmmmmm.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by ichidodo: 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
Kimoni:
[s]

My country man shocked by hook or sinker shocked shocked

I will never call her father names because he is her father and I respect him as much as I will respect my own father. Yet, I won't agree with his tribal fears just the way his own daughter does not agree with him on this issue, however, it doesn't take anything away from our understanding of why he has taken that position but still for us, real character and true love should override tribal fears.

So I empathise with people of your generation who should know better and strive towards changing things for the better but instead, are turning out worse than our parents. Nothing can be more sickening than that my dear.
Sad enough people of your generation stick their heads into sand like ostrichs just to avoid the real troubles permeating the Nigerian society which in a smaller extent can affect social relationships especially intertribal which includes injustice, oppression,discrimination etc...your generation keep waxing lyrics of true character and a laughable thing known as true love when it suits you in this case,we wonder where was your true character and true love when her father was a witness to the brutality his friend's daughter faced in her intertribal marriage,we guess if she had come here before her marriage your answer would have been "true love and character". But you and i know otherwise...forget these women and their emotional thought processes which can easily be manipulated by us men including her father and lekan ....You just want your country man to score,damn the consequences including true love and character.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
tchidi:

Hmmm...
My Mum is like your Dad. She says it has to be Igbo, so I looked everywhere and it was a Tiv man I decided to fall in love with. We still de battle am sha. embarassed grin

Our Tiv inlaw is the best
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2015
MojAyo:
is it people having problems with conception dat only need the thread?I think its also to educate people and also learn more frm there,can u send me the link
https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2015
halldoran:

Tales by moonlight. You are not ready to get married. If you are, you won't be waiting for your dad's permission. This is 2015. I have a feeling you don't really like the yoruba guy, you are just using your dad as an excuse.

No girl should marry without the consent of her parents especially father unless he was an absentee no good father
His blessing is needed.
If you don't regard your dad,there are those who hold theirs to a very high esteem.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
shockedshocked On FP again?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2015
delightful1:
shockedshocked On FP again?

Not again
What's going on
Seun,mukina2,Royalroy kilode?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
Lilimax:
Such an interesting thread!.
Well done Babyosisi and all the contributors?
I'm coming back to share my own experience of over 10 years smiley

You always have a wealth of knowledge to share.will love to read it

2 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
If this thread will keep making front page I will not comment here again and please I want all my post hidden. What's with showing my story to the world? Please hide my every post and have your front page.

Cc
Seun
RoyalRoy.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Meiji(m): 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
Babyosisi is such a sweet, wonderful person.....

Outside the politics section.

5 Likes

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Herzumpther:
Chai aluta you really understand and I feel about my dad. All my years in school if I want to do sometimes I will just see my dad watching and I will be like dad won't be proud of me. I love him and he loves me to the extent that if he says no money in the house, my siblings will come to me because they know I will just go to a part of the house where he keeps money and bring it out and once its Herz he won't complain. He loves me too that he can afford to say no this for anybody and will say Herz come with me to my car I want you to help me with a case file and when we get there he will say take, the same thing he will tell my siblings he doesn't have. We are so close and mum calls me his left eyes. When he told me I should forget Yoruba last January I kept quiet thinking it will he easy to change his mind and funny enough, people tell this to their mum first but I told dad first before mum. The more reason why his no is confusing me because..... Its me o, its me Herz, he doesn't refuse me anything I ask for except he doesn't have. This one is so strong. Few weeks ago my cousin married a man from Oyo state. If you ask him why he keeps saying No he will say lagosians marry plenty and maltreat their wives and if I talk more he will say Herz you don't go out, you know nothing. Come and do y manicure please

Somebody said I don't love Lekan enough, that's not true, I do and he loves me too. I tried an Igbo guy but .......please, I don't have such strong heart and disobedience is one thing I didn't grow up with. How can I marry without my father's blessings? I can only hope for the best.

Aluta, to be honest this ish is one I've been silent on until i saw this thread. I've gotten advice and encouragement from here. I'm hoping it end well but if it does not...hmmmmmm.

After all this wahala ,this Lekan must be really worth it
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

Not again
What's going on
Seun,mukina2,Royalroy kilode?
Maybe they are obsessed with the threadgrin.

I guess traffic is needed.

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Meiji:
Babyosisi is such a sweet, wonderful person.....

Outside the politics section.

Hahahahaha
Not blowing trumpets,there are very very few people who know me in real life that don't love me greatly,men and women alike
I have a very attractive personality everyone says and a giving spirit
I have friends that speak to me to hear my opinion before important decisions
Everything on this thread is me in my real elements,the other thread is on the DJDOLA thread and food thread
forget all those yabbings and getting back at annoying folks in the politics section
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Meiji(m): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

Hahahahaha
Not blowing trumpets,there are very very few people who know me in real life that don't love me greatly,men and women alike
I have a very attractive personality everyone says and a giving spirit
I have friends that speak to me to hear my opinion before important decisions
Everything on this thread is me in my real elements,
forget all those yabbings and getting back at annoying folks in the politics section

Hmmm... okay ma. Carry on... wink
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

After all this wahala ,this Lekan must be really worth it
Please help me beg the mods to hide my post and I will not post here again. I promise.

So exposing our lives is worth the traffic?
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Jchi9876: 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:
I have made my share of mistakes,learned a world of lessons ,I have grown and matured while married to the same man a while and still very much in love with him and together we are raising some very well adjusted exemplary children.So I must have something to say about what makes marriage work and what doesn't .I know what doesn't ,I have tried them all.
I believe God gave me wisdom in marital issues because constantly young women ( and men) confide in me in real life and offline (from forum interactions )about personal issues with relationships and the response is always a big thank you for helping.
I have heard the stories of many and have counseled many also
I don't know it all so I welcome opinion from other wives on the forum who have been at this business at least for a decade
This Thread is intended to answer questions and dispel fears about men and husbands and marriage and children
How do you know he is the one?
What is appropriate?
Attitude towards inlaws?mother in law fears
Money issues
Parents say no to your intended spouse
Can't make up your mind
Time is passing by and still single,what could it be?
Bad habits you don't like in a man and how to handle it
Bedroom issues?
Handling conflicts?
Communication breakdown?
Old flames and admirers ?
His female friends how to handle that
Questions you had been embarrassed to ask people in real life,this is your opportunity to ask and have people share from their experiences truthfully.
I will be real,I promise
Physical abuse issues
Childlessness ?
You may not like the answer but I will tell you the truth uncoated
If you are too embarrassed to ask in your known moniker,you can create a new handle smiley

Alright ladies,aunty babyosisi is waiting.

This Ngwa girl is surely a drifter!!!
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by halldoran: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

No girl should marry without the consent of her parents especially father unless he was an absentee no good father
His blessing is needed.
[s]If you don't regard your dad,there are those who hold theirs to a very high esteem.[/s]
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Where are all those ladies with serious mother in law issues
This is your opportunity to ask your questions so that people who have mothers in law can help you live peacefully with yours
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
Herzumpther:
Please help me beg the mods to hide my post and I will not post here again. I promise.

So exposing our lives is worth the traffic?

I emailed Royalroy
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by emmabest2000(m): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

The worst thing that can happen to a woman is marry a man she doesn't love passionately.
Marriage is tough especially the early years and there will be times you will feel like packing your bags and running away
Even marriages that started very well can sour over time when they are ill managed let alone one that started with a tone of uncertainty in one's voice.
From what you have written you do love this man but not enough to spend the rest of your life with him that is why you have those doubts and misgivings.

Let me use myself as an example
I was engaged to someone else before meeting my hubby,I have shared that many times
Very very handsome and romantic man
His family adored me,my folks loved him
Very kind and generous,would give his last dime to a stranger in need
Perfect gentleman
But he is a little too boisterous in nature and had some terrible table manners
Some people may say this is minor but it bothered me a lot
The last straw was at a wedding when he motioned servers a little too loudly to get us food,I was a little embarrassed,we were in a hotel and could easily go and get food.my husband will never ever do a thing like that never!!
To make matters worse when the food came,he opened the wrap of moi moi and licked the foil and I wanted the ground to swallow me ,and that was the day my spirit left the union
I couldn't marry him,I couldn't be with a man that would embarrass me.,I just couldn't take it coupled with the fact that he wanted to get into politics and I couldn't envision myself standing on a podium campaigning.

To some these were minor things,to me they were major

You said you are not compatible sexually,can you live with that all your life?
Bad kisser,can you manage that?
If you don't feel sexually attracted to this man I wouldn't advise you to continue
It won't work

When hard marital current strikes sometimes the sexual chemistry is what will take you over the hump and if it is lacking from day one,you may be swimming against the tide.
You should be madly in love at this stage if he is the one
It doesn't sound that way from what you wrote
You mean licking the moi moi foil with his tongue ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by chomez: 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
@bolded, Pls what are these ways? Can u throw more light?

babyosisi:

Thanks for this
I am waiting for the younger wives to ask real questions and I will use my own mistakes as examples
You will grow grey hairs overnight trying to change your spouse
You can never succeed and you will be very miserable and if you nag,
Ha
if he ever wanted to change sef ,his entire testosterone will come out full force and challenge you to do your worst
There are women who have gone mental in their marital homes trying to change their spouses
You will die and he will marry another wife and keep on strutting
So don't bother
There are ways to have a man eating literally out of the palms of your hand and people think it's juju grin
No juju at all
Wisdom is the key

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

I emailed Royalroy
I just did too.

@Royalroy, with due respect, you take this off front page or not please hide my every post. I can't stand you keep exposing us all to the world. We are not foolish posting our stories here.... Online for that matter and you show people's marital and relationship stories to the world since yesterday? I give up abeg.
Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
BABE3:
Herzumpther, I'm so sorry to burst your bubble.

Since your dad is against you marrying this guy, you'll need to let go of the emotions/butterlies and start doing your homework about the guy, logically.

The worst place to be in a marriage as a woman, is having a bad spouse and having parents that warned you against him. You'll be completely alone if you later find out this man isn't who you think he is.

so firstly,
-you said he shuttles from Nigeria to america. Have you made sure he doesn't have a second life in America?

secondly,
-you said he's a virgin and you're not. I think it's important to make sure you're sexùally compatible. I don't know how that'll happen but I believe it's important, to avoid stories that touch grin

sexùal incompatibility which often leads to infidelity is a leading cause of divorce.

thirdly,
-How well do you know him ? Knowing someone on the surface is way different from knowing someone on a deep level.

You should ponder on those. Get a pen and paper. Let go of emotions. Do your pros and cons list. Do a background check too.

You were reading my mind
I hope she is very sure this man is worth all this trouble
I do feel sorry for the young man though because he is coming in with a humongous disadvantage
Anything he does,any missteps will be blamed on his yoruba ness ,not his humanness
This is the same fear ichidodo has about his sister,her husband's people may blame any thing they don't agree with on her Igboness
In marriages where one was not accepted initially,it's always a big issue and will crop up from time to time
And believe it or not if this guy ever misbehaves,herz will tell him to his face that her father warned her about him and his people and she didn't listen.
This is not easy at all
Herz I don't mean to make you feel down but this is reality you must be prepared for and weigh thoroughly
You have to be doubly sure here

I say all this because women who go into marriage without their parent's full consent always overcompensate by doing whatever it takes to be seen as happy.they will hide their pain and abuse and would rather die in the marriage because they don't want to have it thrown in their face.
I have a friend whose first marriage failed and everyone warned her against the second man but she still married him and will be hugging him in public to make people think all was well
She confessed to me that the marriage was doomed from day one but she hung on for a decade so people won't laugh at her

1 Like

Re: Babyosisi's Marital Advice To New And Intended Wives by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
babyosisi:

Our Tiv inlaw is the best

Really?? embarassed embarassed
That's so cool.. grin grin

You are doing a good job! God bless you. *e-hug*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (121) (Reply)

Boys Night Out Discussions / My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.