Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,919 members, 7,906,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:57 AM

Buying A Laptop On Ebay - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Buying A Laptop On Ebay (9022 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Putting A Laptop On Your Lap Linked To Male Infertility And Skin Discoloration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Laptop On Ebay by goodieuzo: 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2006
Please I want bid for laptop at Ebay site.

I don't know whether is a wise thing to do. Who has the experience?
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by mrgreen1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2006
Well i have bought a phone on ebay and after a month it became faulty, so i do not really advice you to buy a laptop on ebay
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by goodieuzo: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2006
what i want to know is whether this items are tested before they are displayed.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Seun(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2006
They may or may not be tested. You are at the mercy of the indivudual seller.

It's best to get a laptop that you can test before buying. Try www.cebrokers.ch (based in Nigeria).

1 Like

Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by goodieuzo: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2006
please seun,is the computer at www.cebroker.ch actually a new one.please reply me immediatly cos i need one laptop.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Seun(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2006
No, they are refurbished computers and not even guaranteed.

You can test before you buy. Watch out for faulty laptop hard disks in particular.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by mrpataki(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2006
It depends on whom you are buying from, and if it is not in good working condition, you can always return it within a stipulated period of time. I just bought a Gateway Laptop on ebay, and it is working fine.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by naijacutee(f): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2006
Ebay sellers will under no circumstances sell to anyone based in Nigeria because of the amount of fraudulent purchases originatingg from there. My advice would be for you to buy from a shiop or something.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by goodieuzo: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2006
can any of my naija brother out there help me to buy one and tell how i could pay it into his account here and i promise i will pay it before he send.i dont have money to buy the ones been sold here cos they are pretty costly for me.in ebay,i saw good specifications for $67 etc.please, let someone abroad help me.
thanks
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by waleleader(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2006
@goddieuzo, u need to double check the seller or u would fall for a fraudster, i dont think ull get a good laptop for $67. check sellers feedback and double check the ebayers that left the feed back. Ebay is getting dangerous these days. Be warned.
Laptop prices abroad are the same with Nigeria or even cheaper in some instances. An average laptop in UK is £400, about $700 and N96,000 when converted to Dollars and Naira respectively.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by goodieuzo: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2006
i am talking about fairly used not brandnew ones.i need u to help me and get cheap but good fairly use laptop.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by zebudaya(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2006
you are better off going to a store and buying a laptop, if you have problems you can always return it for repair or exchange, i bought a laptop for 2500 dollars and i took it back for repair those punks told me its past its warranty so i would have to come up with over 2000 dollars to get it fixed, I'm like that how much I paid for it, so if you can buy a new one but with warranty it costs an extra 300 dollars, i didnt have it then, but if i did they would have given me a new 2006 laptop. sometimes being broke aint good. Being rich is better.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by dhammer(m): 7:34am On Aug 30, 2006
Well this is the thing, if you want to buy on ebay, it would be a wise idea to have an ebay account before you ever make contact with the person you are trying to buy from, they do sell to nigerians though some might be uncomfortable with the idea. Always check the persons histry if the person even has 95% positive on his side don't buy cuz something went wrong with the 5%. I buy everythyme on ebay and i have never had any problems with what i bought,
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by shockreaction(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2006
@naijacutee: That's a very bad piece of misinformation. I've purchased a number of items off eBay and got them shipped over here.

@d-hammer: 95% isn't bad, in my book. There will always be problems at one point or the other, probably shipping and handling, or the buyer misunderstanding the listing, and sometimes, some of the other ratings might even be neutral, not negative. But yeah, whatever you're comfortable with.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by nico(m): 5:55am On Aug 31, 2006
My Dad bought me a Sony Vaio TX-Series from Sony Stores in Downtown Houston for $1999 But my friend's dad bought the same type of laptop from ebay for $730 and there was nothing wrong with his laptop.
Boy, should've seen the look on my dad's face. The poor man nearly wet his pants.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by zebudaya(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2006
If anything happens to your laptop within one year you can always return it, but if it happened to your friend its all over!

1 Like

Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2006
Personally I thin amazon.com is far more organised than ebay
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Bossman(m): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2006
Just do your research, check feedbacks, etc. Generally, you can find a lot of things electronics, phones, and in some cases new laptops. cheaper on ebay. But, a lot of the US based sellers will not ship to Nigera. Some wll not even let you bid if you are based in Nigeria. It's a shame, but it's the sad truth! I am sure we all know reasons for that.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by sergio(m): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2006
i also wanted to get a computer on ebay, but i was told that my area was ineligible to bid, how sad.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2006
sergio:

i also wanted to get a computer on ebay, but i was told that my area was ineligible to bid, how sad.

Yeah how sad, when next you see a yahoo boy and ure clapping him on the back rather than handing him to the police, remember you'd have to bid on eBay one day!
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2006
The truth many Americans are refusing to accept is that America has a higher e-crime rate than any other country in the world.

Tayo
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by medube(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2006
I can tell you I am here in Naija and have bought 6 laptops from ebay and all have been successful. Look well and carefully and it should go well,
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by edoyakk(m): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2006
Hey all,
i want to sell my acer laptop travelmate 290
It has 256mb of ram and 20gb hard disc
its processing speed is 1.3gb
it works well and it looks good.
mail me or call me up
my no is 08033334439
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Panache(m): 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2006
Ebay is just a typical marketplace, where bad and good sellers exist. I don't think you will get a good laptop for $67 but you can surely get a fairly used one from $500 upwards. I will advise you to buy refurbished ones directly from manufacturers e.g. Dell (see link to their Outlet store: http://www.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh)

I'm not sure if they block IP addresses from Nigeria or not, but I have bought a couple of laptops from them. Before buying go to this site to pick up a discount coupon www.deals2buy.com. Best of luck
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Bossman(m): 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2006
You can actually by a new laptop for about $500. I just bought an entry level one to bring home for my sister. I bought a B130(15.4 LCD, 60 gig HD, 512 ram, etc.)  that's I added a couple of upgrades to for $560 total. An entry level like this one will suffice for most people.

I know for a fact that you will not be able to order via dell's site since you reside in Nigeria. You may be able to call them up though and see if you can get one shipped out there. You will also need a major credit/debit card since that's all they will accept.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by saddik(m): 8:53am On Sep 14, 2006
U can buy latops or anything u like, but check to see if the seller is a powerseller and has at least 98/99% good feedbacks, i have bought some items and i have had no regrets, just the shipping fee which u would wish u bought in nigeria for a good u can find in lagos. wink
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by onikunkewu(m): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2006
[i]my friend, i will advice you to text that laptop befor leaving the point of your transaction or they should atleast give you 5months quarantee.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Oseka: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2006
you can get a laptop from any shop nd widout any stress, at least u get to take it back if any tin arises,and u save more wen u get directly from a shop, cos gettin from ebay wud cost u more as pa courier n all.
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Marknor(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2006
Hello Everyone, You don' need to get ur Cheap Laptops in Ebay all the time
I have some good specs for anyone interested in getting good quality and affordable Laptops
here in Nigeria. Thanks to you guys who have been buying from me and I once again encourage others
to give us a try. Our specs ,we normally order from UK, mostly we recieve orders for Dell but currently
we want to extend to those others who have been calling for COMPAQ and IBM.
We will also deliver to orders outside the above specs like; HP ,TOSHIBA etc, but on request .
Please take a look at our prices and contact us if you need them.

AVAILABLE SPECS
1. COMPAQ EVO : P4 , 2.0GHZ, 1GB RAM, 40GB HARD DISK, COMBO, 14.1TFT.
PRICE: N100,500.

2. COMPAQ: P3, 1.2GHZ, 512MB RAM, 20GB HARD DISK, COMBO
PRICE: N80,500.

3. DELL: P4, 1.8GHZ, 256MB RAM, 20GB HARD DISK, CD-W
PRICE: N96,000.

4. DELL: P4, 2.0GHZ, 512MB RAM, 40GB HARD DISK, DVD
PRICE: N97,500.

5. DELL: P3, 1.0GHZ, 256MB RAM, 20GB HARD DISK, CD/DVD/CD-W
PRICE:N76,000/N77,000.

6. IBM: P3, 1.0GHZ, 256MB RAM, 20GB HARD DISK, CD-W
PRICE: N48,000.

IKEJA. TEL:01-8506733,08037217608

FOR SPECIAL SPECS ORDER & SELF-DELIVRY, CONTACT

MACNOR @ 08038670528 OR SEND AN EMAIL TO

macnor2003@yahoo.com with Subject : ORDER FOR LAPTOP
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by ibelet: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2009
How Guys,
I have just discovered a site that teaches everything about ebay. how to buy and sell autions at ebay. Their style is very easy to comprehend and master even for a baby. You can visit their site below:
http://www.howtoand.com
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by Infoseye(m): 1:38pm On Mar 13, 2009
Long thing grin
Re: Buying A Laptop On Ebay by KazuyaM(m): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2009
infooooooseye!!! ha ha ha, it is i.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canon PIXMA Ip7200 ID Card Printer Get A Corel Draw Template / Pls How Do I Install Mtn Hynet / Computer Apps/games And Pc Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.