Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,469 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:33 PM

Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. (957 Views)

Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? / CLEARING AGENTS @ APAPA/TINCAN PORTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. by saintjoel(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2015
COTONOU DEALERS/IMPORTERS AND AGENTS THREAD.

This thread has been started in order to weed out the impostors amongst the dealers and agents plying their trade in Cotonou and at the borders of Nigeria. We now have many importers claiming to be agents,agents claiming to be dealers and dealers claiming to be agents.

It's time we set the records straight and we weed out the bad eggs amongst us,especially those who are claiming to be custom officers involved with auction scams etc. I'll not also want my fellow agents/importers/dealers to see this thread as a threat to their livelihood but rather see it has a way of boosting our efforts in ensuring we bring legitimacy to our business and also fostering a good working relationship amongst us.

For prospective customers/customers who have been buying vehicles from cotonou/shipping through cotonou,the categories of people plying their trade in and out of cotonou are as follows-

* AGENTS - These are licensed agents who help buy from cotonou and also clear through customs at the borders. They charge what we call a service charge.

* IMPORTERS - These are people that help buy from cotonou BUT drop their jobs for licensed agents to help clear though customs.

* DEALERS - These are the actual sellers of vehicles inside cotonou BUT please note that many are lebanese or whites.

THE DEATAILS SHOULD BE SUPPLIED AS FOLLOWS -

1. NAME

2. BUSINESS NAME

3. AGENCY NAME

4. MOTHER AGENCY NAME ( Most of the agencies always have what we call a mother agency mostly owned by high ranking custom officers/individuals who turn their jobs to registered agents and collect payments from the agents at the end of the month/also watch our backs when we've tough jobs).

5. LOCATION/LOCATIONS

6. ADDRESS (NOT OPTIONAL)

7. CONTACTS (MOBILE NUMBERS ETC)

AS I'VE STATED EARLIER,IT'S SHOULD BE SEEN AS A MEANS OF BRINGING LEGITIMACY TO WHAT WE DO AS IMPORTERS/AGENTS/DEALERS,THANKS.
Re: Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. by saintjoel(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2015
1. NAME - GBENGA/SAINTJOEL (AGENT)

2. BUSINESS NAME- Jelad ventures

3. AGENCY NAME - Jelad ventures

4. MOTHER AGENCY NAME - YUHAM AND ABDUL ABDUL.

5. LOCATION/LOCATIONS- SEME,IDIROKO,TINCAN.

6. ADDRESS (NOT OPTIONAL) -

SEME - NIGERIAN CUSTOMS COMPOUND OPPOSITE CONOIL,SEME.

COTONOU - OFFICE 3,FLAG COMPLEX OPPOSITE RORO PARK.

BM - 530A7A98

Mobile - 08062948193 and 08179787242

Mobile - +22962038869

Mail - jeladventuress@gmail.com

Mail - jelad.ventures@yahoo.co.uk

Whatsapp - 08062948193

Viber - 08062948193

Wechat I.D - akogun79

BBM CHANNEL - C004388F4
Re: Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. by saintjoel(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOR YEARS,WE HAVE PEOPLE PARADING THEMSELVES AS AGENTS/DEALERS FROM COTONOU OR WITHIN THE BORDER,ONLY FOR THEM TO HANDOVER THE JOBS TO LICENSED AGENTS OR CREATE CONFUSION FOR IMPORTERS WHEN THEY COME TO PURCHASE/SHIP THROUGH COTONOU.I THINK THERE IS NO HARM IN SANITISING OUR JOBS AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHO WE REALLY ARE,INSTEAD OF AGENTS CLAIMING TO BE DEALERS OR MIDDLEMEN CLAIMING TO BE AGENTS OR DEALERS BUT IF PEOPLE WILL REFUSE TO LET US SORT THESE THINGS OUT,WE WILL NOT FOTCE THEM.

IMPORTERS SHOULD PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY SHOULD TREAD WITH CAUTION WHEN MAKING PURCHASES/SHIPPING THROUGH COTONOU THAT WHOEVER THEY WANT TO DEAL WITH MUST HAVE AN OFFICE OR VALID I.D CARD.IN CASES WHERE THERE ARE NO OFFICES,MAKE SURE THE AGENT THEY ARE USING FOR YOUR JOBS ARE LICENSED OR ARE OPERATING WITH REGISTERED AGENCIES.

TO FELLOW AGENTS/DEALERS OUT THERE,KEEP THE FLAG FLYING AND MAY GOD BLESS OUR HUSTLES.

MODS,KINDLY LOCK THIS THREAD,THANKS.
Re: Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. by La2001: 12:33am On Apr 17, 2015
Hello I am looking for an agent in Cotonou. I am looking to export cars from Los Angeles to Cotonou and need an agent for clearing customs/finding buyers. Who here is legit?
Re: Cotonou Dealers/importers And Agents Thread. by saintjoel(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
saintjoel:
COTONOU DEALERS/IMPORTERS AND AGENTS THREAD.

This thread has been started in order to weed out the impostors amongst the dealers and agents plying their trade in Cotonou and at the borders of Nigeria. We now have many importers claiming to be agents,agents claiming to be dealers and dealers claiming to be agents.

It's time we set the records straight and we weed out the bad eggs amongst us,especially those who are claiming to be custom officers involved with auction scams etc. I'll not also want my fellow agents/importers/dealers to see this thread as a threat to their livelihood but rather see it has a way of boosting our efforts in ensuring we bring legitimacy to our business and also fostering a good working relationship amongst us.

For prospective customers/customers who have been buying vehicles from cotonou/shipping through cotonou,the categories of people plying their trade in and out of cotonou are as follows-

* AGENTS - These are licensed agents who help buy from cotonou and also clear through customs at the borders. They charge what we call a service charge.

* IMPORTERS - These are people that help buy from cotonou BUT drop their jobs for licensed agents to help clear though customs.

* DEALERS - These are the actual sellers of vehicles inside cotonou BUT please note that many are lebanese or whites.

THE DEATAILS SHOULD BE SUPPLIED AS FOLLOWS -

1. NAME

2. BUSINESS NAME

3. AGENCY NAME

4. MOTHER AGENCY NAME ( Most of the agencies always have what we call a mother agency mostly owned by high ranking custom officers/individuals who turn their jobs to registered agents and collect payments from the agents at the end of the month/also watch our backs when we've tough jobs).

5. LOCATION/LOCATIONS

6. ADDRESS (NOT OPTIONAL)

AS I'VE STATED EARLIER,IT'S SHOULD BE SEEN AS A MEANS OF BRINGING LEGITIMACY TO WHAT WE DO AS IMPORTERS/AGENTS/DEALERS,THANKS.

When this thread was created, it was done by the OP in a bid to sanitize the system and also make sure there was sanity in what people do in the Cotonou/land border sector. That was also part of the reason federal government also shut that the process because so many people just woke up and decided to become fake agents,dealers etc.

How many of the so-called agents on Nairaland that once shouted "purchase your vehicles through cotonou" have been able to move their operations back to tincan/mile2 ptml. How many of the so called agents can easily process jobs at tincan/ptml without subletting the jobs to registered and licensed agents like they were doing at the border.

As we wait on the FGs decision on the border closure, we hope that they sanity we once wished will come back.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Supper Clean Used 2004 Honda Pilot For Urgent Sale(abuja) / Super-sonic Used 2012 Ford Edge Sel {buy & Drive With Guarantee} For Sale #3.3M / Registered Honda Crv 2003 Model Extrememly Clean First Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.