Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,628 members, 7,941,417 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. (1134 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday To Mark Eid-El-Maulud / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by doctokwus: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
The Borno state government has declared Monday February 15,a work free day ahead of the visit of Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the APC to the state.
Alhaji Ahmed Jidda,secretary to the state government announced this in a statement in Maiduguri.
Jidda said the gesture was to enable residents of the state receive buhari during his campaign rally.
" The declaration is to enable the people of the state to welcome the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari who will arrive the maiduguri on a campaign visit on Monday".
Jidda urged party supporters to come out enmasse to welcome the visitor.
Kashim Shettima, governor of the state,enjoined all residents" to come out en masse and line up the streets to receive the people's General"
Buhari's campaign team had dithered over the choice of date for his campaign rally in Borno over security concerns.
http://www.thecable.ng/borno-declares-monday-public-holiday-buhari
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
Scary to go to Bornu because of security. may God protect the people of Bornu, the Peoples' General and everybody going to Bornu with him.

4 Likes

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
point of correction....shekau & co. nig.ltd declares monday public holiday to welcome his certificateless mentor and Godfather.....b4 I 4get I dey for dream last night buhari die...dnt get it twisted my dreams come true..so buhari RIP In advance

2 Likes

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by doctokwus: 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
Please I hope all security measures have been put in place.This is no time to take unnecessary risk.
With or without his campaign there he is assured of 90% of the votes.
However,a visit like this in the midst of serious security concerns assures the citizenry that you empathize with them,feel their pain and would go to any length to be with them in times of sorrow and pain.
Good one my incoming president, may God guide and protect you.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by SeverusSnape(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
undecidedWhy won't they declare? undecided
The president of Arewanistan is coming to town.

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sai Buhari....

Pls console these people and seek their support to succeed. Their tears shall be wiped away, if you assume leadership in aso rock.

Sai Buhari....

3 Likes

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by doctokwus: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:
undecidedWhy won't they declare? undecided
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by nuclearboy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
doctokwus:
Please I hope all security measures have been put in place.This is no time to take unnecessary risk.
However,a visit like this in the midst of serious security concerns assures the citizenry that you empathize with them,feel their pain and would go to any length to be with them in times of sorrow and pain.

Not sure its a good idea with BH having artillery capabilities and a desperate Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by kestolove95(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'm not in support of dix campaign sha..but God no dey slip...maiduguri and yobe needs d change more dan any state. ryt now

3 Likes

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hmmm
I hope that they will ask him these questions:
1. what he has done to alleviate their plight knowing that he is an elder statesman from the Northern Region?
2. Why he hasn't publicly appealed to the BH to adopt the FG' s plan of amnesty, even though the BH appointed him as their spokesman on two occasions?

At least, this will breed hope in them that his promises of ending the crises aren't just empty words & that he actually has a better plan than the present administration.
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
Like my christians brother would say, Pharaoh, his army and chariot of horses at the back, the red sea on the front but the Lord is with us, we shall prevail.

I know how risky this move is but Buhari is about to prove that he is ready to serve the people in every condition they are first. He is about to prove to us that his readiness to go any lenght with his people. Even when the battle wind blows harder, he stood firm with his people. He is showing us what a good leader really is.

Remain safe sir. . . .

3 Likes

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2015
Stewpid decision!

Nonsense
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by doctokwus: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
nuclearboy:

Not sure its a good idea with BH having artillery capabilities and a desperate Nigeria
Maybe not,but I feel there is no greater security than that provided by the people.Believe me with the kind of cult following Buhari commands there,many wouldn't mind forming a 'human bomb shield' for him to prevent him from any harm and woe betide any sniff of a bokoharamite 100km near him.That aside I think d military too must have given him some assurance of heavy protection.
As for BH having heavy weapons,in all honesty,I maybe wrong though,I believe the failings of the Nigerian military has made it look as if book haram is operating with any other type of artillery besides the ones the military also use.

1 Like

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
nuclearboy:

Bro, we understand that he is taking a very risky move. But as a leader who wants to serve the people, he has to meet them wherever andwhatever condition they are. He has to show them he care.

What if this attack is happening in his home state, will you advice hi, to run away? Nope!. We can only wish him and pray for his safety.

Nothing shall stop us. . . . . .it is the people first
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
doctokwus:

Maybe not,but I feel there is no greater security than that provided by the people.Believe me with the kind of cult following Buhari commands there,many wouldn't mind forming a 'human bomb shield' for him to prevent him from any harm and woe betide any sniff of a bokoharamite 100km near him.That aside I think d military too must have given him some assurance of heavy protection.
As for BH having heavy weapons,in all honesty,I maybe wrong though,I believe the failings of the Nigerian military has made it look as if book haram is operating with any other type of artillery besides the ones the military also use.

I dont know why, I just do not trust our security men.

With the people on his side, he is fully protected. . . . .we dont need Jonathan boys there
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by magaliyu(f): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
When ever the name Buhari is mentioned, criminals and crooks shiver and trembled,
TRUTH IS BITTER.

1 Like

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by doctokwus: 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I dont know why, I just do not trust our security men.

With the people on his side, he is fully protected. . . . .we dont need Jonathan boys there
I don't think they would so foolish and partisan to leave him exposed!!
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
doctokwus:

I don't think they would so foolish and partisan to leave him exposed!!

And what if there Oga asked them to withdraw for some non-existing operation?

What if they declare that they are not ready to protect him because they are handling and busy with Boko Haram at the moment?

Are we not talking about the same compromised military?

Just like the common man who feel safe in the hand of people than police, I believe Buhari would choose the hunters and CJTF than our political army
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by Chanchit: 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
Taylor86:
point of correction....shekau & co. nig.ltd declares monday public holiday to welcome his certificateless mentor and Godfather.....b4 I 4get I dey for dream last night buhari die...dnt get it twisted my dreams come true..so buhari RIP In advance

My name is Joseph. Let me interpret ur dream, it simply means your father would kick the f**king bucket.
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by doctokwus: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

And what if there Oga asked them to withdraw for some non-existing operation?

What if they declare that they are not ready to protect him because they are handling and busy with Boko Haram at the moment?

Are we not talking about the same compromised military?

Just like the common man who feel safe in the hand of people than police, I believe Buhari would choose the hunters and CJTF than our political army
Uhm.Let's hope and pray for safety for all then.
Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by stevoski059(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
doctokwus:
if he comes back alive ,then know that he is the BokoHaram leader

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Declares Monday Public Holiday For Buhari's Campaign Visit. by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy Of PDP Exposed: Ekiti Rigging Is Real!!! / Genevieve Nnaji Buys $4 Million Mansion In Ghana / We Nigerian Youth Need To Wise Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.