Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,741 members, 7,941,801 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:31 PM

Warning! This Syndrome Will KILL Your Business Idea And What To Do - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warning! This Syndrome Will KILL Your Business Idea And What To Do (503 Views)

5 Habits That Will Kill Your Entrepreneurial Dream / If We Devalue Naira Again, We Will Kill Nigerians, Says CBN Governor / Do You Have A Business Idea And Need Financial Support?????????????????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning! This Syndrome Will KILL Your Business Idea And What To Do by mcvize(m): 2:39am On Feb 16, 2015
If you are entrepreneur in nature, one of the good sign is constantly having new business ides running into your brain each and every day we come across few ideas that we just can’t stop thinking about because the idea is good!
I think you know what I am talking about, constant brainstorming, rapid note taking and vision of success these are all good signs of entrepreneur’s right!
Most times after a couple of months the motivation behind these great ideas just seems to die slowly and never evolve into the next step sometimes even if you scaled some steps, we naturally loose the momentum it’s kind of sad, because many of those ideas were awesome money making ideas and yes I have been there before and I must say is kind of weird.
Let me tell you what happen in regard to what I am saying when I started this very blog. A young me bag field with great idea ready to employ and deploy but I was little stock with the fact that I needed to learn how to design and install a website and some technical things like Auto responder, squeeze page, follow up mails and broadcast, seo e.t.c
What I did wrong was applying the HERO syndrome of doing everything myself which dramatically slows down things that I almost gave up on my blog(www.campusbiz.com.ng), but am so glad I did not..right!
If we can understand why these things happen, then I think we can stop the momentum from slowing down and start taking things to the next level.
So what am saying here is you should stop been the jack of all trade or the HERO syndrome as I call it  were you want to get everything done yourself and am telling you from experience this process will only slow your ideas done.
So what to do is to learn the basic things necessary while you have team of expect to handle some of the part except you short of cash that you might what to take some time to learn. For example you are good at website designing so it’s wise to get somebody that is good at Graphic to handle the graphic aspect , I hope you got the gist. Voodoo!
HERE ARE 3 REASONS WHY WE DON’T SEE RESULT IMMMEDIATELY WITH OUR FRESH IDEAS

1. We're Not Seeing Any Results

We live in a time where we all want things to happen FAST. I mean, Google searches take .000012 seconds, and we all perform these searches each and every day. It's what we're used to.

Ideas take time to materialize, so quitting or giving up before anything even begins to happen is a sure-fire way to kill a great idea. Remember what your goals are and why you were so excited about your idea in the first place.

One trick I learned is to map out your "path"or roadmap. Write down the steps you think it takes to get to where you want to go, and you'll see that you're only in the beginning phases of the entire process. But, seeing the rest of your "roadmap" (including your goal) on paper will definitely give you the boost you need to keep going.

2. We're Unsure of What To Do Next

This happens all of the time, but it definitely shouldn't stop us. We've just reached a hurdle, and we just have to do a little more research (or simply ask someone for help!), in order to jump over it.

Also, you can go back to your "roadmap" and see what the next steps are. And, remember to take things one step at a time.
3. We Just Don't Care Anymore

For whatever reason, you've lost sight of why you're working so hard. When it comes to motivation, here's what you can do:
Remember why you were so excited about your idea in the first place! Envision what life will be like at the end of the tunnel. Following my mentors and reading some inspirational books and the formula I have come with which are:
Display my favorite quotes. At my desk, I have this quote posted up on the wall next to my computer: "The Harder I Work, the Luckier I Become." Reading that always gets me going again.
Talk it out with someone. If you're feeling low on energy, sometimes all we need is a pick me up from a buddy. That's why so many people say it's a lot easier to go to the gym or stay on a diet if there's someone else there with them.
Take a quick break. We often work on something so much that we forget why we're doing it. Take a day or two off, and you'll often see the motivation come back in no time.
So before you go I want to ask you what’s keeping you from starting your own business? Cash, am still a student? Or something else! you can drop your reasons, as we learn from each others.
We shall all succeed.

(1) (Reply)

Hire Purchase Needed / MWC 2015: Terragon To Unveil First African Mobile Advertising App / Make ₦50,000-₦70,000 Extra If You Have A Car And Work On The Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.