Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] (1388 Views)

Codeigniter Not Receiving Input From Angularjs / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by tundex32: 10:53am On Feb 16, 2015
I will start to run a class on the above subject here on Nairaland for FREE.
The class starts on the 21st , Feb. 2015. Interested guys can holla present here.

Olatunde Adedeji
Lead Developer
www.biocence.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 5:57am On Feb 22, 2015
Great!

Please try as much as possible to make it as interactive as possible (Answer my stupid questions, give exercises, help us work on little projects that will improve our knowledge etc...)

Signing up for the class.
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 5:58am On Feb 22, 2015
Today is 22nd by the way so you are one day behind schedule.
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 22, 2015
**cleans seat,sits n starts pinging,waitin 4 lecturer 2 come**
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by khadri: 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
When is this class gonna start
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
The o.p has definitely forgotten about this thread. Uncool
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by tundex32: 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hey Guys, sorry I am 2 days late behind the schedule. I hope I am pardoned.

Straight to AngularJS - I will make this class so simple and straightforward . I will also share my personal experience in the use of this framework when necessary. We are all students, myself inclusive, so I expect to learn from you guys as well.
If I am not learning anything from you guys I would have to stop the class [smiles].

My background with the framework was when I worked on a mobile application, the agency needed a questionnaire on mobile device with lots of skip patterns. I thought the best way to handle this is to use front end scripts- Javascript came to mind. I thought this would require lots of codes.

I did not want to go through JS route. I researched a bit further and I came across AngularJS. I buried myself in it and I was able to deliver on the project. The way AngularJS simplifies what would have been serious task with JS is so amazing.

In this class, you are expected to have working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

I will not entertain questions bordering on any of those. My focus is on AngularJS Framework. So I will like to know our expectations and also have suggestions from my learned friends on this forum.

Olatunde.
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2015
tundex32:
Hey Guys, sorry I am 2 days late behind the schedule. I hope I am pardoned.

Straight to AngularJS - I will make this class so simple and straightforward . I will also share my personal experience in the use of this framework when necessary. We are all students, myself inclusive, so I expect to learn from you guys as well.
If I am not learning anything from you guys I would have to stop the class [smiles].

My background with the framework was when I worked on a mobile application, the agency needed a questionnaire on mobile device with lots of skip patterns. I thought the best way to handle this is to use front end scripts- Javascript came to mind. I thought this would require lots of codes.

I did not want to go through JS route. I researched a bit further and I came across AngularJS. I buried myself in it and I was able to deliver on the project. The way AngularJS simplifies what would have been serious task with JS is so amazing.

In this class, you are expected to have working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

I will not entertain questions bordering on any of those. My focus is on AngularJS Framework. So I will like to know our expectations and also have suggestions from my learned friends on this forum.

Olatunde.

Yipee!! Thou art remembered us. Great.

Two questions:
* with the sweeping changes coming to angularjs in version 2.0, is it advisable to invest time in learning the framework?

* Which other JavaScript framework out there would you say is a viable alternative to angularjs?
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by DAvIt0(m): 8:50am On Feb 24, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Yipee!! Thou art remembered us. Great.

Two questions:
* with the sweeping changes coming to angularjs in version 2.0, is it advisable to invest time in learning the framework?

* Which other JavaScript framework out there would you say is a viable alternative to angularjs?

BackBoneJS - also based-off the MVC architecture

or ReactJS -- which is just the V(View) in MVC
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2015
DAvIt0:

BackBoneJS - also based-off the MVC architecture

or ReactJS -- which is just the V(View) in MVC

Cool, lemme check them out. Which do you use?
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by DAvIt0(m): 9:57am On Feb 25, 2015
blueyedgeek:

Cool, lemme check them out. Which do you use?

ReactJS
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 6:18am On Feb 26, 2015
DAvIt0:

ReactJS
Cool, how does it compare with Angularjs since you have said it is used as just the 'V' in the MVC architecture. Isn't angularjs a full mvc-ish framework?
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by danmention: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2015
where is this lectures taking place ..is it here on nairaland?
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by DAvIt0(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Cool, how does it compare with Angularjs since you have said it is used as just the 'V' in the MVC architecture. Isn't angularjs a full mvc-ish framework?

Basically, React makes use of a Virtual DOM(for reconciliation).

React uses one directional flow style as opposed to the two-way data binding done in Angular.

ReactJS is so fast that instead of rendering the View(V) on the client as AngularJS does it(which is slow),

It instead renders its UI on the server, lots of advantages here --

1) SEO,

2). It doesn't joke with the DOM, cuz it knows the DOM is slow, that's where the term Virtual DOM comes is for reconciliation (updates the view with the difference calculated from the DOM and its own Virtual DOM).

More - http://facebook.github.io/react
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by blueyedgeek(m): 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
DAvIt0:

Basically, React makes use of a Virtual DOM(for reconciliation).

React uses one directional flow style as opposed to the two-way data binding done in Angular.

ReactJS is so fast that instead of rendering the View(V) on the client as AngularJS does it(which is slow),

It instead renders its UI on the server, lots of advantages here --

1) SEO,

2). It doesn't joke with the DOM, cuz it knows the DOM is slow, that's where the term Virtual DOM comes is for reconciliation (updates the view with the difference calculated from the DOM and its own Virtual DOM).

More - http://facebook.github.io/react

cool, built any application with it before? Also, where do you stand on meteor js, just read about it on javascriptissexy.com, sounds exciting.
Re: Learn Angularjs — A Superheroic Javascript MVW Framework [tutorials] by DAvIt0(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
blueyedgeek:
cool, built any application with it before? Also, where do you stand on meteor js, just read about it on javascriptissexy.com, sounds exciting.

Haven't looked at Meteor, just working with Angular.js, before React.js

(1) (Reply)

Free 1000 Email Addresses For All / IBADAN FREE Internet Marketing Seminar / Approved And Verified USA Adsense Account With $20 Earn For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.