Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,633 members, 7,944,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Latest Post: Ko K’aye! (it Aint None Of My Bidness) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Latest Post: Ko K’aye! (it Aint None Of My Bidness) (514 Views)

Ko Cakes Xmas Mannequin Challenge / Vector Ko's Ikechukwu On Live TV / Aint No One Gonna Wish Me Happy Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest Post: Ko K’aye! (it Aint None Of My Bidness) by distinkt(f): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
As I approached the bus pack at Berger…

“Oyinbo!”

“Who be Oyinbo? Na afin jor.”

“Ha! But this afin fine well well oh”

“Tufiakwa! I no fit marry afin oh”

“Na that one dey worry you? Abi make you no born afin sef”

I stopped short, turned back, cocked my head and stared at the group of bus drivers; then I burst out laughing and turned round again. As I walked away, I quickly glanced backwards to see the confused expression that I knew would be on all their faces.

I should have been upset, yes? I agree. Why did I laugh then?

)Is it because I am ignorant of the implications of their statements? Is it because I am unaware that their statement actually represents the mentality of the average Nigerian? It is because I am unaware that the average albino still has a long battle to fight to “earn” acceptance? No! No!! No!!! I am well aware of all that.

As I settled down in the bus and stared back at a strange woman who obviously does not know what it means to “steal glances”, I remembered all the people who had done “Olorun maje” to my face over the years and I chuckled some more (Thinking I was laughing at her and feeling embarrassed, the woman adjusted in her sit and looked away).

Read more @ www.seyiogunsi.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Files For Divorce After He Caught His Wife With Another Pastor / h / I'm About To Start My Own Trekking *Advice Needed*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.