Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader (20149 Views)

North-west House Caucus In Disarray Over Buhari / Metuh, Fayose Attend PDP Caucus Meeting / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jorlons(m): 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Chigold101:
there is no place in the world where manufacturer & inventors carry what they manufactured to consumers without many people testing it; this is my point.

I gave example of INEC registration computer, i dont know if u were part of that process in 2011, if you were, u would understand what i am saying.

INEC is always confident. It is natural for every human to do that. This is also how confident they were in 2011 and they ended up shifting election on election day for 2weeks, while people have stood under the sun from morning till 4pm.

As i wrote in my first comment, INEC has good intention but their planners do not expand their thinking.

Six weeks is enough to clear all the concerns raised. Moreover they're not kicking aside the possibility of a failure in any of the card readers. They surely would have a back up plan. The card reader can be likened to a barcode scanner that records and transmits data scanned from the cards. What am I trying to say? Scanners do not go bad easily.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Rexnegro(m): 12:06am On Feb 17, 2015
sincerenigerian:
They want to rig the election. They cannot dictate to INEC. INEC is an independent body that should be left to do what is best for the upcoming election. PDP can never win a free and fair election anywhere in Nigeria.
U are wrong bro..it should be anywhere in the world....pdp is nigeria main problem.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Chigold101(m): 12:16am On Feb 17, 2015
jorlons:

Six weeks is enough to clear all the concerns raised. Moreover they're not kicking aside the possibility of a failure in any of the card readers. They surely would have a back up plan. The card reader can be likened to a barcode scanner that records and transmits data scanned from the cards. What am I trying to say? Scanners do not go bad easily.
i agree with you. 6weeks is enough.however if INEC wants to make us trust them. They should try out the card readers in selected places.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by caselessogbuagu: 12:37am On Feb 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The card readers shall surely be used. No doubt about that.
There's nothing anybody can do about it.
wow, i'm impressed!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by ransomed: 12:37am On Feb 17, 2015
They used DSS to destroy APC membership data bank claiming that they wanted to hack INEC computers without knowing that PDP are master riggers. They will kick against card readers because they have cloned PVCs to be used to do the needful. They just want to skew this election by all means.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by lastpage: 12:38am On Feb 17, 2015
living2013:
Though the use of the card reader may help for credible election, but it is
really supposed to be tested before a big election like this.

I could remember, during voters card registration before 2011 election,
alot of people were unable to register on time because the system failed to detect their finger print

Dont worry about anything.
In truth, it has been tested over and over again!

Even the INEC Commissioner for Edo came on Channels TV and tested it, using different scenarios and l am sure that it is the inherent security in that Card reader that made people to take it easy with the postponement of the election because they were like "if you like Postpone it till May 29, with this card Reader, you can only vote once". grin grin

You know what, Party Thugs have snatched ballot boxes, snatched "temporary Voters Card", planned with Military as in Ekiti State and done all sorts of preparation.....

While INEC has kept this thing a bit of a secret until about TWO WEEKS to election when it revealed its strategy... and it was like a BOMB!
PDP went into overdrive and felt it needed more time first, to gather itself! grin grin Hence the 6weeks postponement. Nothing to do with Security or PVC shortage!

*On realizing that the game is up, they settled on removing Jega (through forced leave) but that will set-off alarms far and wide.
*Now, they tried using courts to delay the election while at the same time looking at the option of an "illegal" INTERIM GOVERNMENT with David Mark as "Head". Babangida was first approached but he declined due to Health Reasons.
*Seeing no-way to Rig the election successfully, as most "plans" seem to be exposed from within the party itself, they are now settling for ANY insecure means that will make it possible for:

-Multiple Voting
-Multiple thumb printing
-INEC official Corruption through massive bribe and thumb printing of vacant/absent slots
-Ballot Snatching en-route to INEC office
-getting a sympathetic Umpire like Prof Maurice Iwu (RIP) who can delay and announce a compromised result if all else fails (6 > 19 stuff) undecided
-Using Soldiers and Police (like Mathew Mbu) to intimidate those who will vote for APC, especially in the North and South West

Now, use of a Card Reader will make all the above IMPOSSIBLE! grin
Every PVC has a picture, a thumbprint of owner and the details of the owner (much like your ATM).
The Card reader also has a corresponding Data with which it can not only verify the card and details of its owner but also reject the Card after it has been used ONCE! grin

This means:

- it wont allow you to vote more than once
-It wont allow another person to use your card (wrong thumb print will not activate the vote cast) grin
- It will automatically "Upload data" using GSM networks, to the Central/Collation offices, as the vote is being cast (progressively) tongue
-There is no ballot to snatch, no one to bribe, no way to inflate count and no box to stuff.

So fellow Nigerians, if there is anything to DEFEND, it is these CARD READERS.
They would spin all sorts of "fear mongering" as to why they dont want us to use it because it spells DOOM for election Riggers.
Per chance if "anything/act of God" went wrong, worst case scenario is that we would go back and vote a second time

[size=18pt]Now l know WHY Jonathan is NOT SMILING! HE IS SO DESPERATE!!
JEGA'S CARD READER SPELLS DOOM FOR ELECTION RIGGERS IN BOTH PARTIES
[/size]
grin tongue tongue

[size=14pt]For once , let us use a "credible process" and see the outcome.
If Democracy is about our voting power, let us use the process that will ensure that your vote (be it for Jonathan or Buhari) really count![/size]

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by lastpage: 12:43am On Feb 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Thanks for the like, I'm looking forward to more. grin

What? shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

****goes about looking for an Erazer**** angry
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by lastpage: 12:48am On Feb 17, 2015
Sajio:
I think there's sense in what they are saying.. if the marching crashes, what will be of the election? INEC would have used it in the resent Governorship election so as to test run it.. let's be Factual for once!!

Ssssshhhhhh.... its a secret weapon ....like a WMD for PDP Riggers!

If given enough time, those crooks in PDP will find a way to bastardize the Card reader,....eventually! hence why INEC delayed everything till the last minute
Walahi, dont joke with that Jega!

Oyinbo wey make Pencil, na im make Eraser now.....Dont underestimate the power of a desperate clown like....

Lastpage!

BTW: Why is PDP always the ones trying to change the rules and complaining about every good thing in this election?
Did Oye Ole-depo prophesy they will loose or something?
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by richybanky(m): 12:57am On Feb 17, 2015
Chigold101:
i agree with you. 6weeks is enough.however if INEC wants to make us trust them. They should try out the card readers in selected places.
I participated in d inec Adhoc training and I can guarantee u dat dere is no way pdp or APC can rig dis coming election wit d use of d card reader.. D device will scan ur card by displaying all ur data on d screen of d device and der is a biometric on d edge of d device wer u would placed ur fingers on it just to detect dat u ar surely d owner of d PVC.. I tink dis is d reason y dis politicians ar scared cus it won't allow dem to rig dis election.
D pix below is d card reader and to grab wat av bin spewing since grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by chiedu7: 1:11am On Feb 17, 2015
[size=14pt]APC PROPAGANDA AT WORK[/size]
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by dafuturis(m): 1:15am On Feb 17, 2015
rusher14:
Forget using technology to fight corruption use your TVC (and those of goats, your whole extended family) today.
Where is the sense in this comment?
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by franksam2009: 1:50am On Feb 17, 2015
it pains me allot to see some jobless people here that don't know anything about buhari or his agenda or northerners agenda to make a northerner the leader/president, even if you don't like GOODLUCK you can vote for any other presidential candidate but not buhari,,,,, amechi, fashola, OBJ, Rocha's and co, are in it for the loot, IT IS CALLED POLITICS
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by 1miccza: 4:04am On Feb 17, 2015
Jorussia:
I nor think so o,na our politicians like to make noise. The only thing, i hate about Nigerians, be say,when election period reach,dem go just Bleep up.Imagine say FAWEHINMIN contest election for this country, and people nor vote am?

But of late we the masses noise come pass politicians own imagine the rubbish wey dey happen for our social media like Nl here,fb and twitter the politicians dey even buy and pay people to come make noise sef...
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Jorussia(m): 5:43am On Feb 17, 2015
1miccza:

But of late we the masses noise come pass politicians own imagine the rubbish wey dey happen for our social media like Nl here,fb and twitter the politicians dey even buy and pay people to come make noise sef...
That's true,i don observe am say many people here,say politicians buy them.when things nor they work well,we the Masses go just dey shout and complain, but when elections reach,so many of us,go collect money, even begin dey bring religious and ethnic sentiments, instead of merit.What ever kinds of leaders we get now for this country,we deserve them, because na 100%our fault.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by SeverusSnape(m): 5:45am On Feb 17, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
wow, i'm impressed!
Thanks
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by SeverusSnape(m): 5:45am On Feb 17, 2015
lastpage:

What? shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

****goes about looking for an Erazer**** angry
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe cheesy grin
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jamesbridget13(f): 7:03am On Feb 17, 2015
whats their problem? d card reader is perfect. its main purpose is to dictate fake inec pvcs. after d machine reads a card revealing d card details, d card is sure an original one. if it fails to capture d finger prints then d manual verification will be done for such individual. pdp abeg nothing do inec card reader
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by aadrSales: 7:07am On Feb 17, 2015
BRAND-NEW original factory LITHIUM COIN BATTERY
FOR LEXUS + TOYOTA SMART KEY REMOTE

Also available

FOR HONDA ACCORD,CIVIC, CRV ,PILOT,CROSSTOUR

WE ALSO HAVE LITHIUM COIN BATTERY FOR
RANGE ROVER,LAND ROVER DISCOVERIES, LR3 ETC

Lagos Office : +2348029193550
Abuja Office; Suite 1& 2 Mangal Plaza Area 11 Garki
+2348037421100
PH office Bob Izua Park, OluObasanjo Road Port Harcourt
www.carkeysnigeria.com

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by 1miccza: 8:31am On Feb 17, 2015
Jorussia:
That's true,i don observe am say many people here,say politicians buy them.when things nor they work well,we the Masses go just dey shout and complain, but when elections reach,so many of us,go collect money, even begin dey bring religious and ethnic sentiments, instead of merit.What ever kinds of leaders we get now for this country,we deserve them, because na 100%our fault.

Honestly ehn na we be our problem
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Jorussia(m): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2015
1miccza:

Honestly ehn na we be our problem
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by aviazuva: 11:00am On Feb 17, 2015
The PDP is strategising for rigging, this is obvious.

That is what Buhari warned about

"If what happened in 2011 hapens in 2015!!!!!!

Instead of making sure rigging does not occur,
they are strategising for rigging again.

whoever will blame Buhari for whatever action later should start now to warn PDP

Meanwhile AVIANAZU
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Oceemo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
jorlons:

My brother nobody is feeling the heat of the elections more than INEC. I don't believe INEC used any other device in training their staffs so if they had concerns or reason to drop the use of the card they would've said so.

An electronic card reader is least likely to be faulty when its primary function is to scan and check for the authenticity of the card and the voter by reading some barcodes.

Moreso, INEC would not be so stupid to provide just one card reader to each polling unit. Again PDP should relax and leave jega alone to do his job.

I wish it works that way cus I have involved in naija things I knw how it works. But in this case let me align wit u since u believe in them now.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Etruth: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
living2013:
[s]Though the use of the card reader may help for credible election, but it is

alot of people were unable to register on time because the system failed to detect their finger print
[/s]
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Etruth: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
living2013:
[s]Though the use of the card reader may help for credible election, but it is

[/s] BALDERDASH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SOS To INEC From Chikun LGA In Southern Kaduna / Mahmood Yakubu visits FCT polling units (Photos) / Okey Wali Kidnapped. NBA Appeals For His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.