Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,906 members, 7,942,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo (747 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Doctors Attending To Zaria Blast Victims (Pictures) / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by Dotun9: 10:41am On Feb 17, 2015
Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has said that Boko Haram has grievances that no one is attending to because of the development situation in their area.

Obasanjo who spoke to South African TV Channel, eNCA’s Raphael Ambasu in Kenya last week when he launched his memoir, My Watch said “I decided to find out facts on my own. After the Boko Haram attacked the UN house in Abuja, I thought it was getting too far, I wanted to know if there is an organization, and if there is an organization, what is its objective? Are they organized? Do they have leaders? What are their grievances? Are they ready to talk and all that, which I took up on my own.

“I spoke to the president and said “look can I do this on my own?” he said “look you can go and do it” and I thank him and I went. In fact he said he will give me a plane to go around. I said “look I don’t want a plane to go around because if I take a government plane to go around, I become a government agent and that would be suspect. No I don’t want the government to give it, so I did it on my own. The find, Yes, there is an organization, they have leaders, they have objectives, Sharia is their objective and Sharia law is not a problem, it is part of our constitution; they have grievances which nobody seems to be attending to, the development situation in their area.

“You see how they came about Boko Haram, that’s not the name they give themselves but their leader before he was killed in cold blood by the police. Mohammed Yusuf called in graduates that were with him and said “look bring your certificates, one who has first class, one who has second class, upper second class, lower and all that and one who has masters, so okay with your certificates can you use them to feed yourself? if you cannot use it to feed yourself, of what use is it?” So that’s where they got that appellation Boko Haram.

“Do they want to talk? At that time they wanted to talk, they even said they will talk not in Africa and I said to their proxy but look this is an African problem, it will be solved on African soil. Do they have leaders? yes they have leaders. So all things that I found out are reported faithfully to the authority.”

Meanwhile the Defence Headquarters has described Obasanjo as a shame to the military.

The Defence Headquarters made the comment in a statement posted on its Facebook page while reacting to a statement credited to the former President that the General Elections were postponed to enable President Goodluck Jonathan use the Service Chiefs for tenure extension.

The statement read “The Defence Headquarters has noted the remarks of a former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, as reported in the media stating his views on perceived state of the armed forces and the roles being allegedly played by the military in the nation’s political process in recent times…

“It is however noteworthy that most of his utterances lately indicate an attitude of playing to the gallery or indulging in politicisation of serious national security or military affairs. For instance, the comments credited to Chief Obasanjo alleging that the postponement of the General Elections was to enable President Jonathan to use the Service Chiefs to plot a tenure extension is to say the least, very surprising.

“It is surprising indeed, considering the fact that the retired General chose to ignore the clarification and emphatic assurances of non-partisanship of the military as declared in a DHQ statement on the position of the Armed Forces in the ongoing political activities. His motive as usual remains unknown but it is certainly less than noble or well intentioned. We dare say again that Chief Obasanjo’s assertions are false.

“Much as the military desires to respect the old General and his views, it has become necessary to point out that his conduct and unguarded utterances of late have fallen short of the standard of discipline expected of an individual who has had the privilege of service in the military and risen to the status of a General.

“The behaviour of retired General (Chief) Obasanjo has been so unbecoming and continues to constitute a serious embarrassment to the military before all who have reasonably and rightly adjudged the essence of military background in terms of the high value and standard it tends to contribute to statesmanship.

“We feel constrained to remind the old General that the world has moved beyond that parochial and self-adulating reasoning and mindset which he seems stuck to. Indeed, he needs to be told that by virtue of their better training, exposure, education, assessment and environment, the military personnel of today are already far beyond his level in their appreciation of democracy and its indispensability for the stable and prosperous society which Nigerians cherish.”

http://www.theheraldng.com/boko-haram-grievances-one-attending-obasanjo/
Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by purplesummer(f): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2015
Let him attend to their grievances then, to answer Baba no be for mouth

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by baybeeboi: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2015
Is Obsanjo a goat?
If He's someone, let him attend to them.
Confused old man.
Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2015
Obasanjo is making a very big and old fool of himself.

When the Niger delta militants were operating, they never went about slaughtering people in the name of any religion. A very sincere tour of the oil producing areas will show you that the oil exploration activities is leaving that region in deplorable state. Their demands were very obvious.

A group like book haram can never enter into any sincere agreement or accept any form of amnesty, because they have a different agenda.
Obasanjo is gradually losing respect, and no matter what he does, every sincere Nigerian knows that Jonathan's four years as elected president yielded positive changes than Obasanjo's 8 years.

He should go back to his farm for all I care.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2015
How many jobs did OBJ create when he was the president?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2015
Yes sir. Top of that grievance is to put a stop to western education. Foolish OBJ

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by lazsnaira(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2015
But their Muslim Arab brothers are already attending to their grievances & needs! They gave them money & gun & an order to kill Nigerians in the name of their religion, now what else do they want OBJ? In fact, we are now more interested in what You OBJ want?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by temitemi1(m): 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
This baba's brain needs proper check oooo grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
See them

Their EYESes are REDding

They can't abuse or accuse OBJ for sponsoring terror

they are shifting it to APC

Booooo , Ooooobiiiiihhhhhhh
Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by major466(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
OBJ is a big disgrace.
Re: Boko Haram Has Grievances No One Is Attending To – Obasanjo by nationwide1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
Obasanjo, Obasanjo, Olusegun Obasanjo! How many times did I call you?

You ruled this country for almost 12 years. How much development did you carry out in North East?

You supervised and aided enthronement of Sharia in Nigeria which marked the beginning of Boko Haram. Should Jonathan still be blamed for your failure as a president?

So many many northerners ruled Nigeria. Why didn't they develop the north east?

Is the north east the only undeveloped part of Nigeria?

Is there justification for crime such as terrorism and murder?

Obasanjo, Obasanjo, Obasanjo! You can reason better than this.

I put it to you that you have selfish reasons you're attacking Jonathan and that will be revealed in your lifetime someday so that Nigerians can know you for whom you're.

(1) (Reply)

See The Boko Haram Armoured Tank Captured By Nigeria Troops In Michika / The Problem With Nigeria Is Mismanagement-obasanjo / ‎Did Abati Actually Steal This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.