Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

Sure P/ferma Task Force: A Grand Deception - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sure P/ferma Task Force: A Grand Deception (657 Views)

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon / Obiano Visits The Obi Of Onitsha In A Grand Style - Check Photos / Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sure P/ferma Task Force: A Grand Deception by tmost01(m): 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
SURE P/FERMA TASK FORCE: EPITOME OF DECEPTION.
The darkest places in the Hell are reserved for those who maintain neutrality in the times of moral crisis – Princeton Dante.
Without umbrages and political affiliation, I just intend sensitizing the teaming youth on the verge of joining a bogus and fraudulent programme that was allegedly orchestrated by Bode George, Obanikoro and their cohorts in collusion with the federal government for the encroaching election’s manipulation. While I am still a diehard aficionado of GEJ, so long he environs himself with the league of sycophant, corrupt, ill-advised associates, his chance of re-election and success in governance will be irredeemably receding.

Reading through the official page of Lagos state government lately where Governor Babatunde Fashola decries the inundation of alleged unconstitutional sure p/ferma task force officers on the federal government roads in Lagos, I feel the necessity to air my ordeal at the hand the of this phoney programme.

I was summoned to Lagos at the twilight of last year, sometime September, by a friend that a programme called SURE – P/FERMA TASK FORCE was on the verge of inauguration. Those who dwell in Lagos would have noticed the teaming youth’s assembly along old toll gate, seven up in Ojota and Ijora Olopa. For we were being favoured, according to one of the officials who accentuated that the form had long been closed, my friend and I procured each form at N25, 000. Later I would learn when I interrogated many intending officers that some paid as extortionate as N60, 000 for the late form depending on their degree of credulity.

Our plights do not end here, we discovered behindhand that before you could be certified as a registered member, you needed to pass different stages with different increment in payment. Some of the stages are: medical screening, verification of form, issuance of first yellow card no, first capturing, developmental fee, manuals, documentation, second capturing, second yellow card and other miscellanies. Others are T-shirt and shoe for training (N4, 000) and complete kit uniform (N32, 000).

To give it a façade of reality, we were grouped to many sections such as medicals, audit, IT, traffic, logistics et al. and thereafter, my skepticism surged when I had the following revelations:
• As at last year December, the number of intakes were more than 55, 000 in Lagos alone and their promise of work commencing on the following week has never come to pass. Forms are still on sale even as I write;
• You are either posted to Ijora Olopa or seven up training ground at Ojota where most of our trainers were identified by some of our colleagues as Man O War, dignified conductors and touts with no decorum;
• Unlike other reasonable paramilitaries with age limit, height, lack of deformities, minimum educational attainment and other requirements, there was no such with sure-p ferma. So long you can meet their financial demands, the portal is widely open to you. This is not a gainsaying, both Ojota and Ijora Olopa training venues are always replete with the throngs of pliable helpless retirees, traders, aged men and women above sixties.
• According to a reliable source, this act of swindling has started since 2012 with no favourable output, and the scheme has been spreading across some states in the south west.

Ultimately, I am of the opinion that if work is to be created, not in this ill-organized manner. Wise up and advice your acquaintance(s) to keep at bay with this broad day robbery.

1 Like

Re: Sure P/ferma Task Force: A Grand Deception by sgtmark(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
F.T.F - Good to Go grin

(1) (Reply)

Gmb Faithfuls: #MARCH4BUHARI / This happened in Ekiti State. Pictures / Wither The Nigerian State- President Jonathan Must Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.