Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,604 members, 7,888,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? (918 Views)

"FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by Femmymata2(m): 12:04am On Feb 18, 2015
The bible,church/individual testimonies is replete with Gods intervention e.g saving from accidents or armed robbers,having a child after years of bareness. But all of a sudden in order to defend their imaginary,impotent and lazy God from apparent indifference to the daily bombing,slaughtering,decapitation of the innocent,young,old,christians,muslims e.t.c by mentally derailed people some believe God doesn't need to stop them because he has given humans freewill amongst other lame excuses. I wonder how God seems comfortable watching all this happen without lifting a finger? If God should not/cannot intervene, why are christians/muslims calling on their God to stop it, is their God deaf?
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by johnydon22(m): 12:30am On Feb 18, 2015
If any god or deity is powerful enough to interfere with worldly affairs and only concerns himself/herself with irrelevant stuffs like finding car keys, saving from armed robbers, if i have sex or not etc while tonado, hurricane, tsunami, ebola, earthquakes, children dying everyday, starvation etc batter the earth on daily basics.
Then that god is seriously doing a bad job
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by Femmymata2(m): 12:38am On Feb 18, 2015
johnydon22:
If any god or deity is powerful enough to interfere with worldly affairs and only concerns himself/herself with irrelevant stuffs like finding car keys, saving from armed robbers, if i have sex or not etc while tonado, hurricane, tsunami, ebola, earthquakes, children dying everyday, starvation etc batter the earth on daily basics.
Then that god is seriously doing a bad job
Very bad job indeed, if it exist i hope it wakes from its perpetual slumber!!
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by asadike(f): 12:38am On Feb 18, 2015
If am alive and you are alive, despite the evils we humans brought upon ourselves, u are still not consumed, then guy, I tell u, indeed there is God.
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by johnydon22(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2015
asadike:
If am alive and you are alive, despite the evils we humans brought upon ourselves, u are still not consumed, then guy, I tell u, indeed there is God.
So tonado, tsunami, hurricanes were brought about by humans..if we start counting the evils attributed to god by the bible, you will see that humans are saints compared to him/her/ it whatever is..
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by Femmymata2(m): 12:52am On Feb 18, 2015
asadike:
We humans have limits but God has all powers these therefore brings some of to ask why will God allow a grown man r.ape a teenage girl when he can stop it.
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by asadike(f): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2015
Femmymata2:
We humans have limits but God has all powers these therefore brings some of to ask why will God allow a grown man r.ape a teenage girl when he can stop it.
you are right my dear. D bible says 'my people perish for lack of knowledge'. Jesus have perfected everything for us if only we have faith and obey his teachings but d forces of evil will always fight against good. Have u ever wondered how beautiful dis world will be if we all are leaving according to d teachings of christ?
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by johnydon22(m): 1:08am On Feb 18, 2015
asadike:
you are right my dear. D bible says 'my people perish for lack of knowledge'. Jesus have perfected everything for us if only we have faith and obey his teachings but d forces of evil will always fight against good. Have u ever wondered how beautiful dis world will be if we all are leaving according to d teachings of christ?
try humanism...
Re: Does God Intervene In Worldly Affairs? by Femmymata2(m): 1:17am On Feb 18, 2015
asadike:
I find some of jesus preachings very inspiratiönal, he tried to help through healing and meeting several needs of people. If the jesus in the bible was on earth presently would he turn a blind eye to the horrible things happening in our present world. Why has God or jesus not intervened yet, can we say they don't care?

(1) (Reply)

. / Checkout Bishop Oyedepo And His Lovely Family / Pastor Dress Up In Camouflage To Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.