Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,545 members, 7,901,603 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (113232 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good day,
This morning, I had to go to my husband's land where he stored the Hide n skin in other for everyone to understand my explanation with pictures. The hide n Skin is being sold according to the weight and not the size. Its the weight that determines how much it will be when it goes through the process of cooking... One light one is N6000 and the heavy one is N7000. There are also smaller ones (in bits), as in ori malu (cow head) that starts from 400 naira to 500naira. I have some samples in my office in lagos.

Picture 1--------------This hide n skin I'm carrying is N6000 for one
Picture 2--------------This hide n skin I'm carrying is N7000 for one
Picture 3--------------Lol, my lil girl n I. We run the business together
Picture 4--------------Ori malu (cow head) starting from 400 naira to 500 naira.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
BINDAWA, KATSINA STATE

DRY PEPPER

1 Bag---------- 10,000
Labour, Bag and Transportation----------1350

TOTAL---------11,350

Now is a very good time to stock up dry pepper...

Picture 1 and 2----- Dry pepper being packed
Picture 3----- The dry pepper on its way to the car park

More pictures coming up soon

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 4:35am On Apr 24, 2015
Op please if one store the dry pepper now when is the person going to sell.Is there possibility that it will spoil.finally like how much will it be by the time one wants to sell.thank you madam

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2015
PURITYMYPRIDE:
Op please if one store the dry pepper now when is the person going to sell.Is there possibility that it will spoil.finally like how much will it be by the time one wants to sell.thank you madam

Hello sir.
As from june, July, August, its ok to sell. If the pepper is well stored, it wont spoil. It will be from 15k to 20k, or more depending on the location and market.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by biggal: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
IB I dey fear u. U r truely an ordinary woman with extra ordinary strenght. D pomo I no undastand na d one we eat be dat? How den do one convert it to pomo? How much will it take to get 6kgoat to south south

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by sonnie10: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
biggal:
IB I dey fear u. U r truely an ordinary woman with extra ordinary strenght. D pomo I no undastand na d one we eat be dat? How den do one convert it to pomo? How much will it take to get 6kgoat to south south

You cut the hide in desirable sizes and soak them in water for a couple of days, and you have pomo.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
biggal:

Thank you sir. As for the hide n skin, no be me dey convert am to pomo ooo. I just started learning too. Its being cut into desired sizes, soaked and boiled. Some even said its being roasted on the fire before boiling but it must be boiled sha.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
sonnie10:

You cut the hide in desirable sizes and soak them in water for a couple of days, and you have pomo.

Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by jasper83: 9:16am On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:

Thank you sir

my mentor, pls ma when is your next Lagos interactive session. I really want to start something tangible this year.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by cocolacec(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
catered4 please can you give me estimate on how many bags of onions could be loaded on a trailer from the North to Lagos as i have my own 20-25 tonnes truck.I will be expecting your reply soon.Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Galads(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
cocolacec:
catered4 please can you give me estimate on how many bags of onions could be loaded on a trailer from the North to Lagos as i have my own 20-25 tonnes truck.I will be expecting your reply soon.Thanks
250-300 bags. I mean 300 if it is overloaded.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
cocolacec:

Hello sir,
For single trailer (12 tyres) carries 270 bags of onions while the big trailers carries 400 bags of onions.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
Galads:
250-300 bags. I mean 300 if it is overloaded.

That estimate is wrong sir

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by cocolacec(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thanks catered4 and Galads for your prompt replies.I really appreciate it.God bless.May i ask how many kilos is a bag of onions?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by chiogoezubem(f): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ok...noted for future reference.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Abumadea: 10:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
9japrof:

Well it is very interesting to see someone that served in Niger State, i served there also specifically in Bida and i remained there also, fortunate to be retained where i served. buh honestly am in this section cos i want to make extra quids more especially this one i know that agric pays. it would be nice to have ur contacts.
Would av loved to, buh av moved on since my service ended in 2012. I don't do the business again.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
cocolacec:
Thanks catered4 and Galads for your prompt replies.I really appreciate it.God bless.May i ask how many kilos is a bag of onions?

We have 125kg, 100kg, 50kg and 25kg sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
jasper83:

my mentor, pls ma when is your next Lagos interactive session. I really want to start something tangible this year.

Soon by Gods grace.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by delishpot: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2015
This woman go soon appear for NTA as woman of the year o. God bless you o.
But o OP, please leave our babys hair natural na. Biko dont relax it again nnu?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by TheNextAce: 1:45am On Apr 26, 2015
Super woman. Virtuous. Graceful. Great mom. Outstanding wife. Your children shall call you blessed. Keep doing what you know how to do best. God bless and keep you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 27, 2015
SOKOTO STATE

WATER MELON

Picture 1------ Hubby coming out of the Water melon farm
Picture 2------ Clients watermelon
Picture 3------ Counting the water melon

A canter load of watermelon is N60,000 to N100,000 depending on the size of the watermelon. A canter load is N60,000 and its 600 water melon. Transportation cost to lagos is N60,000.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 27, 2015
KEBBI STATE

SWEET POTATOE MARKET.

Picture 1- 3------ Negotiating with the sellers
Picture 4---- My Potatoe, awaiting loading to lagos

1 Bag-------- N3000
Labor and Transportation--------N1200

TOTAL---------N4200

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 27, 2015
Good day Friends,
I'm really sorry for the late response here, whatsapp, bbm, facebook and mails. This weekend was really a busy one for me.
We are approaching the onion scarcity season so I worked all day in my onions storage farm. More storage units/rooms was built over the weekend as the demand for storage increases. I promise to attend to everyone by Gods grace.

@ the 4th picture, I was so tired

Coming soon, The biggest Groundnut Farm and Market in Nigeria.
Stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
chiogoezubem:
Ok...noted for future reference.

Aiit ma
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by mcrol(m): 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
@catered4, u hail from where pls......I can't wait to hear that you are from my state.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
mcrol:
@catered4, u hail from where pls......I can't wait to hear that you are from my state.

Lol, I'm from lagos sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by biggal: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
@catered will pay for 125kg bag tomorow to east. Wen will I get it
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
delishpot:
This woman go soon appear for NTA as woman of the year o. God bless you o.
But o OP, please leave our babys hair natural na. Biko dont relax it again nnu?

Amen. Ma, its a home made texturiser I applied on her hair ma.

Abeg no mind my driver finger.

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
TheNextAce:
Super woman. Virtuous. Graceful. Great mom. Outstanding wife. Your children shall call you blessed. Keep doing what you know how to do best. God bless and keep you.

Amen, Thank you so much smiley
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
biggal:
@catered will pay for 125kg bag tomorow to east. Wen will I get it

Hello ma,
I guess we have spoken on phone right?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
KANO STATE

GROUNDNUT also known as PEANUT

Picture 1-----checking the groundnut
Picture 2,3,4----- That's the field where the groundnuts are peeled.

In the pictures, you can see some machines. It's the peanut shelling and separating machine. They either use the machine to remove the peanut from the shaft or do it manually.

The hand peel is more expensive than the machine peel.

MACHINE PEEL

1 Bag 100kg-----------25,000
Labour, Sac and Transportation-------2000

TOTAL----------N27,000

HAND PEEL

1 Bag 100kg---------- 28,000
Labor, Sac and Transportation-------2000

TOTAL-----------N30,000

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by delishpot: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Catered4:

Amen. Ma, its a home made texturiser I applied on her hair ma.

Abeg no mind my driver finger.

Texturizer is almost like relaxer o. There is a page on fb about natural hair care its called Natural Hair Babes. Try to join it if you have a fb profile. My sister is in it.
Kiss baby for me o kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Kunle Soname Biography, Age, Bet9ja Owner, Wife Kemi Soname, NetWorth, House / Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.