Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,924 members, 7,886,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

Apply: GIST Tech-i Competition For Entrepreneurs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Apply: GIST Tech-i Competition For Entrepreneurs (477 Views)

Visa To Kenya Now Free For Nigerian Businessmen - Vivian Gist / 15% CRR: Banks Face Increased Competition For Deposits / 2015: Funding Opportunities For Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apply: GIST Tech-i Competition For Entrepreneurs by monsfala: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
The GIST Tech-I Competition is an annual competition for science and technology entrepreneurs from emerging economies worldwide. Aspiring innovators submit their ideas and startups online in an application consisting of an executive summary and promotional video. Their applications are then reviewed by experts and voted on by the global voting public in order to determine the finalists. Thirty finalists receive an all-expense paid trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES), this year in sub-Saharan Africa, to showcase their ventures and to receive intensive training. Tech-I winners, selected by experts at the GES, win mini-grants, and receive one-on-one mentorship and training.

Since 2011, innovators from over 86 countries have showcased their science and technology ventures to the world through GIST Tech-I Competitions.

How to Apply

Are you interested in applying to compete in the GIST Tech-I 2015 competition? The process is simple and this page will help guide you through.

Before you apply, you should first confirm that you are eligible to compete. The basic eligibility requirements are that:

You must be a citizen of a GIST eligible country; and
You must be between the ages of 18-40 years old on March 20, 2015.

For a full list of the eligibility criteria including rules on teams, please consult the Program Announcement. For translated versions please see the bottom of this page.

Once you have established that you are eligible to apply, you will next need to get together a few promotional materials for your application including:

An Executive Summary The Executive Summary narrative must be completed online in the application tool, must not exceed 750 words, and must be written in English. It should include the information outlined in the Program Announcement which includes significance of idea, scientific and technical merit, and commercial potential.

A 90 Second Promotional Video Each application must include a 90 second promotional video, which should highlight the value and purpose of the product or service to customers. The video must be presented by the applicant in English or include English subtitles. The video should focus on the concept, product, or service being promoted and its potential market value. This is your opportunity to really sell your idea so your video should be both engaging and creative. Videos from last year's startup and idea stage winners are also available to use as examples.

During the application, you will be asked several questions including whether you are submitting an Idea or Startup science and technology product, research, or service. The following criteria should be applied to help you to decide which category you fit in:

Idea Stage Application
The entrepreneur has research or a technology with commercialization potential and is willing to start a business.
The entrepreneur has started thinking about the qualifications of the management team necessary to execute the idea.
The entrepreneur has started to identify advisors.
The entrepreneur has started market research.
Startup Stage Application
Venture is for-profit and less than three years old from date of launching startup.
Product or service is currently in a testing or pilot stage and not yet available for commercial release.
Venture is either self-funded (revenue) or has external financing (either from public or private sources).

DEADLINE: March 20, 2015

Apply here: http://opportuniti.org/?p=436

(1) (Reply)

Oriental Infotech Limited / Urgent Need For Moringa / Good Business Proposal For A Capital Of N2m...only Serious Minded People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.