Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,086 members, 7,967,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:31 AM

APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections (15165 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan, Jega Meet In Abuja Tomorrow / Throwback: Attahiru Jega On Tell Magazine, 1997 / Drama As Buhari Overrules Jega On Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:06am On Feb 19, 2015
Midegee:
not giving due regard to the rule of law to me just epitomizes how desperate GEJ and his cohorts of lawless TANoids are
Will you come out and vote without the presence of Nigeria Military? Answer that question from the heart of your mind. Give the answer to yourself.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by eleko1: 8:07am On Feb 19, 2015
I see,the same way they stole/rigged Ekiti election abi?Is Jona above the law?Pray,Jona nor burn Nig with his cluelessness/power drunk
nortcentrallord:

If they couldn't stop Aragbeshola with the military, why cry over the presidential. They won't be a ble to stop ur Cattle leader too na except if you guys are scared of something. An Educated animal tender is better than a Fulani cattle rearer. "Education" and "Enlightenment" is the difference.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by SamAfrik(m): 8:07am On Feb 19, 2015
Really some people are not very wise, rejoicing over the comments of some groups that are not recognize in Yoruba land. Just check the personalities behind the group of people endorsing GEJ in SW.
The president has lost SW already. Tune on your radio and hear peoples comment, is just too easy to know where the votes are going.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:09am On Feb 19, 2015
bjayx:
soldiers should remain in barracks and on our territorial borders. i hope dis country wil get it one day.
When we get there, it will be so. Right now, we are marching there with GEJ. UntiLl we get there, NM will be used to provide security during elections and any one who wants to die can go and DIE.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2015
lordizak:

ur parents money on you is a waste, pls buy a constitution and know the law before spewing calumny. u brains are dead, do u even know anything?

The of the army is to protect the nation against internal and external aggression. If you like secure 100 court injunctions, soldiers would surely be deployed during the elections

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2015
tatosh:
Some people have lost all dignity and sense of patriotism just because of ethnic sentiments and a few naira notes in their faces.

Should something which was pronounced illegal by a court of law even be up for debate?

We really need to examine ourselves and look beyond Nigeria in 2015 if we ever want to become a great nation again.

Because for goodness sake I don't understand how someone will come on here and support something unconstitutional just because you want your candidate to win.

I pronounce such people shameless and even when Nigeria is getting better I pray they and theirs do not enjoy the good times. They will continue to be in cluelessness and backwardness
If you live in a State like lagos where there is serious uncertainty between the two parties on whose candidate will win, will you come out and vote without the NM?
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2015
iamboody:
Let them use millitary. What I know is that military are even tired of continuity they just don't wanna come out in the open an say that... Which military doesn't see what's going on in our country, they are being starved of allowance, being wrongly accused of mutiny, go to the barracks and see what poverty has turned our military to. PDP should know that Military will work against them, that's what I know for sure.
Then why cry?
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by eleko1: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2015
Lif dem ooo,their eyes go clear. On March 28/MAY 29.When pipu are deceiving U,dnt deceive urself(bi won ba n tan e,ma tan ra e)it is clear,they are playing Jona knowing fully well dat he's a clueless/confusionist one
SamAfrik:
Really some people are not very wise, rejoicing over the comments of some groups that are not recognize in Yoruba land. Just check the personalities behind the group of people endorsing GEJ in SW.
The president has lost SW already. Tune on your radio and hear peoples comment, is just too easy to know where the votes are going.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nortcentrallord(m): 8:16am On Feb 19, 2015
lordizak:

ur parents money on you is a waste, pls buy a constitution and know the law before spewing calumny. u brains are dead, do u even know anything?
APC fans, just like their leaders and their party. Quick to insult and criticise. "Raise your words not your voice" even market women know this saying. Huh!
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2015
Thunder fire them old men of APC. u think d military hierachy would even want APC to win? APC that has chosen d undignified way of ridiculing d efforts of the military to secure our land. make u na wait...and their mite at d election day. yeye party full of corrupt criminals

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2015
nortcentrallord:

It's a shame though. If Inec has been preparing four years for this election but was not still ready now, do you think the police in 5 years will be ready to provide security for the election? In our stage of democracy, only the NA is respected and feared by average Nigerians. After this election, plans should be made for the NPF to be used in subsequent elections not @ this moment you begin to peddle law suit that will negatively affect the life on innocent citizens because thire selfish interest.

It is a shame that the PDP has done nothing to improve the Police force since it assumed power in 1999.

Frankly, the Ministry of Police Affairs should apologise to Nigerians for the mess they have made in running police affairs, as should the govt.

As for fear.....people should not be afraid of the Army and the Police. They are our servants, and by extension the servants of the Federal Republic of Nigeria....in as much the same way that I am a servant of the people of this Republic in my role as a doctor.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by babestella: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2015
tatosh:
Some people have lost all dignity and sense of patriotism just because of ethnic sentiments and a few naira notes in their faces.

Should something which was pronounced illegal by a court of law even be up for debate?

We really need to examine ourselves and look beyond Nigeria in 2015 if we ever want to become a great nation again.

Because for goodness sake I don't understand how someone will come on here and support something unconstitutional just because you want your candidate to win.

I pronounce such people shameless and even when Nigeria is getting better I pray they and theirs do not enjoy the good times. They will continue to be in cluelessness and backwardness

This is not about court giving orders, it's about making sure there is safety of lives and property during the election and also maintaining law and order ensuring that ballot boxes are not compromised. Police cannot handle this alone because we know what the police can do already.

Secondly if the army is not used, there is going to be serious breach of security that could lead to destructive election violence and even death of innocent people. The implication of this is that the election could be cancelled or army could take over the government if the election violence is on a large scale and grow uncontrollable. At the end of the day we return to emergency military rule after wasting tons of money, time and resources for the election.

So military must be used and the president has constitutional right to deploy military for safety. If APC insist on 'no military' then I would say they have a sinister motive towards rigging the election and perpetrating violence that will mar the elections. Going to get a court order against the use of military is highly insensitive on their path and shows they don't really care about the safety of the people. We must be vigilant.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by HugeMac: 8:26am On Feb 19, 2015
mrrock:
APC is a satanic party!. Now, I see a pattern.

This's the real reason they came up with a fake audio recording on how Obanikoro and others were supposedly planning to rig elections with the military. Any intelligent person should know by now that the real reason was to tarnish the image of the Nigerian military by making a connection between the military and election rigging after which they will write Jega. What a desperate script by APC!.
APC IS SO EVIL and un patriotic and so is all there followers, they rejoice over every bad news about nigeria so as to spite GEJ , thats what this party represents , desprate fools , Bh sympathizers, soldiers should be deployed in mostly lagos and kano, let me see how they will use thugs to rig in their so called strongholds
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2015
babestella:

So military must be used and the president has constitutional right to deploy military for safety. If APC insist on 'no military' then I would say they have a sinister motive towards rigging the election and perpetrating violence that will mar the elections. Going to get a court order against the use of military is highly insensitive on their path and shows they don't really care about the safety of the people. We must be vigilant.

grin

Elections have been rigged even when the army was around.

The only way to stop rigging is to make elected and unelected public officers earn less than N300000 a month....and to thoroughly audit their personal accounts at the end of each month, and to jail them if they get above a certain amount...then you will suddenly see free and fair elections...because the profit motive has been removed.

(Of course....the corrupt ones will port to the business world....but no problem....the EFCC will be able to deal with them easy).

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Iyilax1(m): 8:28am On Feb 19, 2015
Making use of soldiers during the election wil make d election to be free and fair..... nothing like ballot snatching or disruption of lyf and properties. Finally, police alone cannot handle APC political thugs during election.

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by lookingfly: 8:28am On Feb 19, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Below are excerpts from the court judgement:

Mr Chukwudi, even President Jonathan (if at all he has respect or regards for the Electoral Act and the Constitution) has no right to unleash the Military for any elections.
so if the electorates are killed or there is rigging of the election,who is to be blamed,the constituition i guess?

1 Like

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2015
PEREP:

The constitution superceedes this judgement. The president has been given the powers to deploy soldiers to troubled areas and the question then is 'What effective strategy willbe used?'
Allow Mayhem occur before deployment order?
Deploy the Military and place them at strategic locations in preparation for action should any trouble occur?

The second remains the most practicable because trouble makers will think twice before taking any action but the Army won't be at the pollling stations for sure.

The APC should go the memory lane to understand that GMB won in the northern states in 2011 but they still killed our promising youth corp members which could have been averted with the Military on hand.

Let's think #Nigeriafirst
Let the military high command court-marshall Gen Momoh and apologise to Nigerians first then we are good to go. I see a situation where the rural areas will be massively rigged for PDP by the military if the needful is not done. We will see situations where vehicles with stickers will be allowed to pass unchecked again.Lol. Obanikoro will also be sent 'on special assignment' again.
Ekitigate has shown us how PDP uses the military to carry out coded rigging. Didn't u hear Fayose asking if the police too were working for them after 'settling' the military ? U want the military? No p but clear the Ekiti mess first!
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by babestella: 8:38am On Feb 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

grin

Elections have been rigged even when the army was around.

The only way to stop rigging is to make elected and unelected public officers earn less than N300000 a month....and to thoroughly audit their personal accounts at the end of each month, and to jail them if they get above a certain amount...then you will suddenly see free and fair elections...because the profit motive has been removed.

(Of course....the corrupt ones will port to the business world....but no problem....the EFCC will be able to deal with them easy).

I quite agree with you. At the very best sense of it, our legistlatures should be self employed and employers of labour.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by OLADD: 8:44am On Feb 19, 2015
maxdozie:
it’s obvious that apc is just a political
party that’s full of noise makers
The keys to take power from somebody is “TRICKS”
“HARD WORK”,or by LUCK
I know one day a political party will take over from
PDP but that party is definitely not APC
NOTE: Raise Your Words, Not Your Voice. It Is
Rain That Grows Flowers, Not Thunder

Well said.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Emmanueledu(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2015
It can't be overemphasized that the use of the military is Paramount to the success of this election!
The APC quoting court judgments should not forget in that same constitution there are provisions for the military to be used in a time like this when the country is in crisis!
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by TippyTop(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2015
We must use the military, APC has some covert plans to rig and roast.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by OLADD: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2015
nationwide1:
Considering the current state of the nation, anyone who says soldiers should not be used to help beef up security during elections is worse than the devil.

APC wants to repeat 2011 massacres. Even when there was no election ( during campaign), the president was attacked at least 4 times. How much more when they know they would loose?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Richard6(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2015
Without soldiers standing near and far around the premises, am not gna vte. APC touts are looking fr people to waste their lives. I know they are ready to kill everybody and kill themselves too due to greedy for power and frustration, me I don't wana die!
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by nagoma(m): 8:52am On Feb 19, 2015
PDP is a headless chicken. If there is any show left for them , we don't know who is running it. Is it the clueless GEJ or his concubines in government? Is it Professor PEJ herself or her personal army at Okrika? Those terrorists throwing bombs at political rallies? Or is it the fat cantankerous somatic Asari Dokubo?
The soldiers are no longer the impartial Nigerian soldiers we know. Jonathan wants to use them to rig election ,just like the he used them to postpone the election. APC have a point.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by stigman(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Army or Police?

Infact I have a question.....why can't we use the police for elections?

Because in fifteen years of PDP rule...the Police has not been properly funded. Recall that it took Channels TV to make the govt renovate the Police College, in Ikeja.(and having seen police colleges abroad...our own college is a mess).

The Police is in a mess. By asking for the Army to maintain peace in this elections....the govt over the years(because this is not the first time BTW)...has admitted that the Police has failed.

High time, I think that the National Assembly increased funding for the Police. Infact....forget about State Police....our National Police is on life support! If the Police and Civil Defence cannot maintain security when the Army is otherwise occupied....what do we have a Police force and the Civil Defence for?

Abuja better step up and improve the police.

Our police that can not take care of cars given to them by state governments, even if make them look like LA police, they will still not do the work, what they are after is their pocket
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by OLADD: 8:54am On Feb 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Army or Police?

Infact I have a question.....why can't we use the police for elections?

Because in fifteen years of PDP rule...the Police has not been properly funded. Recall that it took Channels TV to make the govt renovate the Police College, in Ikeja.(and having seen police colleges abroad...our own college is a mess).

The Police is in a mess. By asking for the Army to maintain peace in this elections....the govt over the years(because this is not the first time BTW)...has admitted that the Police has failed.

High time, I think that the National Assembly increased funding for the Police. Infact....forget about State Police....our National Police is on life support! If the Police and Civil Defence cannot maintain security when the Army is otherwise occupied....what do we have a Police force and the Civil Defence for?

Abuja better step up and improve the police.

You are wrong. It was the military under Buhari and IBB that messed up the police just to prevent the force from rubbing shoulders with them. Without sounding partisan, the Nigerian police has witnessed appreciable facelift under the democratic dispensation. They may not be at par with their counterparts in developed nations, but surely, there's an improvement.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2015
OLADD:

You are wrong. It was the military under Buhari and IBB that messed up the police just to prevent the force from rubbing shoulders with them. Without sounding partisan, the Nigerian police has witnessed appreciable facelift under the democratic dispensation. They may not be at par with their counterparts in developed nations, but surely, there's an improvement.

Obviously not enough yet to conduct elections.

Please....stop excusing the nonperformance of the present with the under-performance of the past. It is getting trite.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Kingspin(m): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2015
nzeadachie:
OH THEY'RE WRITTING TO THE CLUELESS ONE? OH AUTHORITY IS AUTHORITY, THE CLUELESS AMD WEAKLY ONE HAVE THE FINAL SAY
Vote not hate
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by Anas09: 9:14am On Feb 19, 2015
APC does not want military because, 1). They intend to use children voters. 2). They intend to bring in Niger and Chad voters, 3) they already know they will lose, wen they do, they scream out 'rigging' and start killing pipo. The presence of the Military is for the good of both parties. Let the election be free and fair. Let the winner take the day. Question is, why don't they want the military? Iszit because they intend to release their BH dogs to scare the PDP folk from coming out to vote on that day? These pipo are silly.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by lyntiffany(f): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2015
mrrock:
APC is a satanic party!. Now, I see a pattern.

This's the real reason they came up with a fake audio recording on how Obanikoro and others were supposedly planning to rig elections with the military. Any intelligent person should know by now that the real reason was to tarnish the image of the Nigerian military by making a connection between the military and election rigging after which they will write Jega. What a desperate script by APC!.
Mr rock you truly rock with your brain, exactly what they want to achieve but God pass all of them.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by obinnafred(m): 9:22am On Feb 19, 2015
maxdozie:
it’s obvious that apc is just a political
party that’s full of noise makers
The keys to take power from somebody is “TRICKS”
“HARD WORK”,or by LUCK
I know one day a political party will take over from
PDP but that party is definitely not APC
NOTE: Raise Your Words, Not Your Voice. It Is
Rain That Grows Flowers, Not Thunder
Anas09:
APC does not want military because, 1). They intend to use children voters. 2). They intend to bring in Niger and Chad voters, 3) they already know they will lose, wen they do, they scream out 'rigging' and start killing pipo. The presence of the Military is for the good of both parties. Let the election be free and fair. Let the winner take the day. Question is, why don't they want the military? Iszit because they intend to release their BH dogs to scare the PDP folk from coming out to vote on that day? These pipo are silly.
Re: APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections by FrenchyL(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2015
chukwudi44:
Bull shit.Deployment of soldiers for national security is a statutory responsibility of the president These idiots want to use their thugs to unleash mayhem on prospective voters. Whether they like it or not soldiers would be deployed

#StrongPoint. Given the security situation it is a move in the right direction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG / Children Protest El-Zakzaky's Detention In Bauchi State (Photos) / Kwankwaso Challenges Buhari To Name Weak APC Defectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.