Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,237 members, 7,939,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Morning Devotion: From The Heart Psalm 32:8-11 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: From The Heart Psalm 32:8-11 (359 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / . / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morning Devotion: From The Heart Psalm 32:8-11 by graluxxy054(f): 6:40am On Feb 19, 2015
"This is a brand new horse," my sister-inlaw said as she stood next to the mare who had bucked her off several weeks before. She told me that after a skilled trainer had spent time with the horse, the animal had returned with a new personality.
She explained, "Before, this horse's attitude was, 'Go away, don't bother me.' Now, when I approach her, it's as if she's saying, 'What would you like me to do?' I don't know how the trainer did it, but my horse has a whole new outlook in life."
The conversation caused me to think of God's command in Psalm 32:9. He said, "Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you." The psalm speaks of knowing God in a relationship characterized by guidance, trust and joy.
The Lord seemed to be saying to me that He did not want to have to use force on me. He doesn't want me to be so stubborn that it takes external controls to make me obey Him. He just wants me to give Him my love.
When we are yielded to our loving Lord, we will welcome his approach. There is no need for the spiritual bit and bridle when we serve Him from the heart.
>>> David C. McCasland.

GOOD MORNING

(1) (Reply)

Why It Is Right To Judge / I Don’t Believe The Bible On Sex – Queenethhilbert / Which Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.