Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,448 members, 7,888,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:46 AM

George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency (561 Views)

Kenyan Football Fans Sexually Assault A Lady Inside Bush (pics) / Couple Had Sex In Bush After Church, Caught And Beaten Up By Angry Youths / George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by ifenadi(m): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
Former President George W. Bush explained Thursday that he has avoided publicly criticizing President Obama because he feels it would undermine the office of the presidency.

“I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president; I think it’s bad for the presidency for that matter,” Mr. Bush said Thursday evening on Fox News’ “Hannity,” Mediaite reported.

The former president said that, though he follows politics and is “very aware of what’s going on,” he has no interest in generating headlines for himself by bashing his successor.

“Secondly, I really have had all the fame I want,” he continued. “I really don’t long for publicity. And the truth of the matter is in order for me to generate publicity I’d have to either attack the Republican Party, which I don’t want to do, or attack the president, which I don’t want to do. And so I’m perfectly content to be out of the limelight.”

Mr. Bush is currently making the media rounds to promote his new book, “41: A Portrait of My Father,” which he calls a “love story” about his dad, Former President George H.W. Bush.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/16/george-w-bush-says-he-avoids-criticizing-obama-out/#ixzz3SBuQw69Y
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by temitemi1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2015
Unlike OBJ who opens his mouth anytime he likes! GEJ till obj n apc learn to respect the presidency.
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by tempem: 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2015
Am impressed....
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by dhardline(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
Unlike the one here in Nigeria whose mouth leaks like a basket...
Re: George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency by Brymo: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
People that understand politics. Who sabi don sabi.

(1) (Reply)

Egypt's Ousted President Morsi Jailed For 20 Years / Ghanaians Demand Refund Of $1m Spent Painting Buses. Shame On African Leaders / Russia Defense Report – Feb. 20, 2016: Russian Military Grouping In Syria (MS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.