Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,227 members, 7,974,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:22 PM

I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? (5079 Views)

If You Owned "nairaland.com" What Will You Do Differently? / What Happened To Nairalist? / I'm Testing Younaija.com: What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Seun(m): 5:47pm On Feb 25, 2009
Thanks, guys, for your continuous reviews and suggestions.

@Lekel: I made a decision to start this way because I felt it would be easier to attract people to post on a limited number of sections. I didn't think too much about the future when making that decision, and it may turn out to be a mistake. But there is a way I can improve the categorization without adding major sections to the website. We'll see how that turns out.

The issue of delisting is another thorny one. Due to the deliberate unstructured nature of the site you have to email for express deletion of any post. Also, we don't really want people to delete their posts, so, there's a perverse incentive not to implement it. There is a plan to automatically expire posts after 3 weeks or so, though. How about that?
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Don4life: 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2009
@Seun Could u Please Give me a Reply to the Purpose of the Moderating(job vacancies)>/
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Lekel(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2009
I like the craigslist concept!
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Seun(m): 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2009
They have been removed on your behalf. Thanks a million for using Nairalist.
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Skywalker5(m): 11:37am On Apr 15, 2009
@ seun
I think nairalst need to be moderated.checking out overseas dating.i can see people putting Nigerian states there.i thought it was reserved for overseas only or something.Its looks too messy

Just my thought
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Seun(m): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
Thanks. Would you like to help moderate Nairalist?
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Skywalker5(m): 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2009
Sure

Let me know what it entails
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by NaijaEcash(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Seun
To me it is a great job you're doing over there at Nairalist. The only thing I can criticize about the site is the fact that it is not as organized as one will desire. But since it is still in beta state, I guess it will simply get better. Keep up the good work. Cheers.

I almost forgot, I love the way it integrates seamlessly with Nairaland, but I don't like the confusion the integration causes in the Home page of Nairaland. Oftentimes, one clicks a topic that looks so promising and end up with a classified ads. Well, that is just my personal observation.
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Seun(m): 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2009
I don't understand what you mean. It's obvious that Nairaland topics are on the left and Nairalist ads are on the right.
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Onos55: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2009
Not sure if you guys are aware of this yet - another site seems to have appeared in the online classifieds arena:

Naijacentral.com at www.naijacentral.com.

So the battle is now:

Nairalist.com vs [nairalist+s].com vs Naijacentral.com.

Interesting!
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by allimercy: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2009
How can an antelope fights and elephant ? The antelope must turn himself to elephant before it can fight.

So my dear brother, there is no issue of battle on this matter. This is a clear issue without any debate.

Naijacentral needs to run to meet nairalist first and not to go to battle now, otherwise it will crumble. prematurely
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by Onos55: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
allimercy:

How can an antelope fights and elephant ? The antelope must turn himself to elephant before it can fight.

So my dear brother, there is no issue of battle on this matter. This is a clear issue without any debate.

Naijacentral needs to run to meet nairalist first and not to go to battle now, otherwise it will crumble. prematurely

Okay o, barrister - if you say so!
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by instinctg(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2011
so where do we go from here ?
Re: I'm Testing Nairalist.com: What Do You Think? by dhtml1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2011
Nowhere. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Amazing Ways To Write Interesting Blog Post Topics / Mtn unlimited Free Browsing And Downloading With Psiphon Handler / Scams-NCCI EXCHANGE LTD-NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.