Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,753 members, 7,941,859 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (28124 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by ginawest(f): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Deborah
Esther
joy
peace
comfort
wisdom
victory
Elijah
anointing
praise
miracle

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
I hate it when i see parents givin their children sentences as names,for instance FOLLOWMETHANKGOD,VICTORYCHILD,GODISGOOD etc. Am lyk WTF is dat a name or a sentence

1 Like

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by PearlyJay(f): 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
JESUS
JESUS is the name above all names for all eternity. That's the 'Holiest of holies' Himself. Its not an ordinary name.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by mimibets(f): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Pamela
Natasha
Jessica
Sandra
Or any other 'exotic' meaningless names
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by rittyben(f): 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lazerus
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Situation001(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
ebele
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Jossyroyal1: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
Keziah,
Good luck
Ebele
Jonathan
Patience
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
mmsen:

Are you English, French or an Arab?

Do you even speak French or Arabic?

And what the hell is a 'Latino' name?

You mean Spanish?

Or do you mean Taino?

Or Totonac?

Or Bribri?

I'm not Nigerian either.

I mean Latino. Spanish or Portuguese.

I do speak Arabic.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Those u listed R nt Nigerian names...

I know. Its part of the list.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
EmoBoy:

What exactly is a nigerian name?

Ones that are frequently used by Nigerians.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2015
sweetgala:

correct maga , nah your type dey name pikin sharon , and beyonce if pikin turn prostitute you go come dey look for TB Joshua

Hahaha because I named my child Sharon they'd become a proustite? Don't be silly.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
pweetixandy:
awwwww,but sandra is a nice name,means helper/lover of mankind sad

I know sigh I just don't like it.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
ginawest:
Deborah
Esther
joy
peace
comfort
wisdom
victory
Elijah
anointing
praise
miracle
Nice names! ℓ̊ see nothing bad in those names mentioned
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Kingsasian(m): 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
kristen12:

What is wrong with Mary and Elizabeth??
too common
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Damsman10:

or Wood
Gate
billy
Tree
Gay
elderson
clerk
song

hahaha!!!cheesy these names you are sharing!!
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by idyexcel(f): 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Evidence
Prosper
Marvellous
Promise
Blossom
Akpan
Okon
Destiny
Ekaette
Bassey
Sign
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by IbkD: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
Scholartisca
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
grin grin Hilarious thread!!
Names like....
Testimony
Blossom
ThankGod
Divine
Gospel
Apostle etc..... Mbanu!!!

Na so one woman been born for my friend compound con name the poor pikin Genesis! Laugh no gree me dat day.......i was like no be only Genesis, u go born Revelation join plus Acts of the apostles sef!!! grin grin angry
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by MistarT(m): 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Linda
Sandra
Keziah
Akunah
Saul
Judas
Ceaser
Demas
Ephraim
Benjamin
Rueben
Esau
Jezebel.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Champele(m): 12:25am On Feb 22, 2015
I will never give my child any name like buhari,Obasanjo,IBB,etc. God forbid.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 22, 2015
omartins:
Rotimi,
Igbekoyi,
Malomo,
Kukoyi,
Kosoko,
Durojaiye,
Bamisaye,
I'm scared of people with this names.

Bello,
Sule,
Dauda,
Momoh
just don't like how these ones sounds.
Ye! Those names na waya! Lol...
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by michwen(m): 12:31am On Feb 22, 2015
shadowgwalker:
I won't give American names like;
sand
stone
hillside
Clementine
Obama
buhari
seun
Hoodwing
Is obama an american name...Last tym I checked It was still kenyan
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by iukpe: 12:42am On Feb 22, 2015
Monday
Thursday
Friday
Sunday or what ever.
Calistus
Linus
Perpetual
innocent
Boniface
Godspower
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by dafuturis(m): 12:53am On Feb 22, 2015
Ebele
Fayose
Fani
Reno
Omokri
Sambo
Oduaghan
Patience

These names definitely gonna make my kids CLUELESS.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by romzyxy(m): 1:03am On Feb 22, 2015
SMALLPENIS:
Romanus
Okoro
Osunbade grin
Edward
Magnus
Gayanus

of all the user name it is SMALLPENIS u choose. dere's more 2 it. right?
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 22, 2015
Mine are as follows:
Urhobo/Isoko; Rukevwe, Ojevwe, vwede, Kobigho, omonigho, erwhurwhu, fejiro.

Izon(Ijaw); Tamunowari, Ayibabereniokuma, Ayibakeriladeyo, ayibabaratuwaipre, Iningiye, sopriye.

Igbo; Odinkemmelu, Ikpo, Ozobia, Jamike(whatever that means), Chiamama, dibia, ugwoke, ojelubechukwu, okongwu, okereafor(and it's counterparts), osuchukwu, Kamalu (abiriba and Item people take your time! Kamalu is the god of thunder), Uguru(harmattan), Mgbemena, nzube.

Efik/Ibibio/Annang; mkpouto(work implements), ekandem(mermaid), ikot(bush), ime(all bearers of this name that I know act weird), mayen, abasiama.

Yoruba; Suliya, mulikatu, biliki, amuda, sikiratu, taofeeki, kudusu, sherifatu, owonikoko, agbabiaka, sumonu, fadahunsi, fowora, mawomi(no look me!), mudashiru, jokotade, bolajoko.

Hausa; Mairiga(clothes seller), tausai(pity), hankuri(patience), talatu, maitambari(tambourine player), maireke(sugarcane seller), Nakowa(Animashaun free for all), mai'adua.

Others; east, west, direction, government, independence, treasure, status, manager, gospel, fortune, opportunity, unity, minister, gifty, queen-darling.
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by onila(f): 1:40am On Feb 22, 2015
Quote1:
1. Jonathan
2. Sambo
3. Fayose
4. Patience
5. Mimiko
6. Obanikoro
7. Bode
8. Ogunlewe

grin
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by Gynacologist(m): 1:48am On Feb 22, 2015
RothmasPop:
Wetin Rotimi Do You?
him moda toto
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by macof(m): 2:43am On Feb 22, 2015
I won't give them names I don't know the origin and meaning
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by nedu2000(m): 4:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Shem
Goodluck
Boniface
Re: What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? by onila(f): 4:45am On Feb 22, 2015
Nicodemus

Napoleon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Are The Parents Of 2 Children Found Wandering In Enugu? (Photo) / Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) / He Lost His Job, His Wife Left Him By Joseph edgar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.