Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,897 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums (1447 Views)

Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / Five Most Overrated Nigerian Artistes / 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by chibyksveejay(m): 1:02am On Feb 20, 2015
The Nigerian music industry is indeed blessed with an abundance of fine talents that have stepped up the game and firmly positioned the country as a front-runner in the African entertainment circle.

In an intensely competitive market with new and fascinating acts springing up every now and then, the battle for prominence is interesting to watch for an observer, not so much though for an artiste trying to establish him or herself in the game.

One thing that helps in doing this, besides having good hit singles over time, is to also release a good album that does very well commercially. This debut album helps the artiste attain a much-desired level of recognition and a level of prominence and credibility. Artistes yet to achieve this are more or less still classified as ‘upcoming’ until they pass this stage.

NET highlights 7 prominent Nigerian ar­tistes that still hold the upcoming status.

1).Eva Alordiah

She had a good start in 2008 as she dropped impressive joints, did several collaborations, won a couple of awards, bagged endorse­ment deals and steadily developed a strong fan base.

She is currently rated as one of the best Ni­gerian female rappers but how well she will fit into this esteemed category without an album remains to be seen.

The rapper promised a debut album for ear­ly January 2015 but has failed to keep to her words.

2).Skales

No doubt, he is a talented singer and rapper who has been active in the game since 2000. Former­ly signed to EME Records since 2009, Skales left the label in 2014 after the expiration of his 4-year recording contract without producing his debut album.

He bounced back after signing with Baseline Mu­sic and has been headlining prominent shows across the country ever since. His comeback will however be much more remarkable with a dope rap/singing album which will surely be one of Nigeria’s finest hip-hop moments if he is up to it.

3).seyi shay
The pop singer started her solo career in 2011 after returning from London and hasn’t done badly in the Nigerian music scene.

She has been quite busy and prominent with massive hits and videos that have po­sitioned her at the top of different music charts (notably with her single, ‘Murda’ which featured Patoranking and Shaydee).

Seyi has performed at several gigs but she still needs to come out with the long-await­ed debut album to firmly cement her spot among Nigeria’s new generation divas.

4).Orezi

After about 6 years in the Nigerian music indus­try, the pop singer still carries the status of an upcoming artiste as he is yet to deliver his debut album.

He has impressed his fans and the industry so far with several smashing singles as well as putting out great visuals through which he’s won some awards.

But even with all this, the Delta State-born singer still needs to prove his competence and credibil­ity and there is no better time to drop a debut album than now.

5).Niyola

She is a fantastic soul singer who many thought would take soul music to the next level in Nigeria ever since becoming a household name with the release of her hit single, ‘Toh Bad’.

She has been impressive so far with most of her collaborations, with the song, ‘Love to Love you’ ft Banky W enjoying quite massive airplay in 2014 but this singing sensation still needs to put up a good debut album to truly prove she’s here to stay.

6).Harrysong

Despite his acclaimed prowess as a proficient songwriter, Harrysong, who now chooses to be addressed as Mr Songz, still has a few points to prove in the Nigerian music industry.

Since breaking into limelight, he has released hit songs like ‘Am in love’, ‘Beta Pikin’ and ‘Mandela’, and also had collaborations with artistes like K’Cee, Daddy Showkey, and many others. But the pop singer is yet to deliver what is expected of him by his fans – an album.

He reportedly once claimed that he charges N1M to write a song for other artistes but hasn’t been able to put a debut album out to expand his fan base in the country despite increased anticipation.

A good album from the Five Star Music act will definitely see his ratings rise even better in the music Industry.

7).Patoranking

In spite of having an incredible start to his music career since 2009 and becoming the face of Nigerian reggae/dancehall music with his unique flavour, Patoranking is yet to drop an album.

His song, ‘Alubarika’ feat Timaya shot him to limelight as the song became a ‘national anthem’ of sorts and enjoyed massive airplay on radio and TV stations.

Patoranking has also followed up with massive hits and collaborations in the few years he’s been in the limelight and has won several awards in recognition of his contributions so far in the Nigerian music industry.

But, we think it’s high time for the Ebonyi State-born star to step up his game by releasing a debut album.
Pixs below.
Harrysong
Eva
Patoranking
Skales

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by chibyksveejay(m): 1:04am On Feb 20, 2015
Niyola
Seyi shay
Orezi

Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by Afrok(m): 1:16am On Feb 20, 2015
I wouldn't have believed what op posted if I didn't see Skales on the list, dude has been an upcoming artist since the time Wizkid was still a kid, now Wizkid has gone international with his bumbum bigger than Bombay and Skales is still coming upshocked.

God Bless their hustles and Bless mine too, it seems music is not the calling of some of them, they should just find something else to do or remain upcoming artist till Airforce1 releases his own album and join d big guns cheesy.

U guys should free them small coz not having an album at all is better than having a failed one, that's why they're still regarded as upcoming wink, even though some of them might/will remain upcoming for long undecided.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by kestolove95(m): 1:27am On Feb 20, 2015
Wia is runtown?
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by Afrok(m): 1:30am On Feb 20, 2015
kestolove95:
Wia is runtown?
still running around the town I guess shocked...
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by naijaboiy: 1:51am On Feb 20, 2015
i guess there is no difference between them and Airforce1 who is also still working on his debut album grin

Only that they are richer and more famous grin

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by barackodam: 2:05am On Feb 20, 2015
Afrok:
I wouldn't have believed what op posted if I didn't see Skales on the list, dude has been an upcoming artist since the time Wizkid was still a kid, now Wizkid has gone international with his bumbum bigger than Bombay and Skales is still coming upshocked.

God Bless their hustles and Bless mine too, it seems music is not the calling of some of them, they should just find something else to do or remain upcoming artist till Airforce1 releases his own album and join d big guns cheesy.

U guys should free them small coz not having an album at all is better than having a failed one, that's why they're still regarded as upcoming wink, even though some of them might/will remain upcoming for long undecided.

I like your fate, you really think he's working on anything??

Maybe, who knows
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by Afrok(m): 2:09am On Feb 20, 2015
barackodam:

I like your fate, you really think he's working on anything??

Maybe, who knows
yes ooo... That's why he is still an upcoming artist here on nairaland cheesy.
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by barackodam: 2:13am On Feb 20, 2015
Afrok:
yes ooo... That's why he is still an upcoming artist here on nairaland cheesy.

Lol, you're right tho
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by freezyprinzy(m): 2:13am On Feb 20, 2015
Harrysong lng over due i mean i dude as talanted as dat dn eva my crush chai did nt knw she ain't gat an album yet she nids 2 do smetin and d hell op were airforce1 dy?
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by pretydiva(f): 5:27am On Feb 20, 2015
Following..mind ur biz op
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by englishmart(m): 7:00am On Feb 20, 2015
op, so you have dropped your debut thread abi?
grin
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 20, 2015
watz wif celebrities nd tactoos undecided
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by chibyksveejay(m): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2015
My album is out.... Airforce and I did a collabo grin
Re: Popular Nigerian Artistes Yet To Drop Debut Albums by tammyboy1(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2015
Them plenty na,techno,bred,sina rambo,emma nyra,yemi,etc

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) / Uru Eke Nollywoods Dazling New Talent / Photos: Meet DJ Jimmy Jatt's Beautiful Daughter, Oyindamola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.