Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,499 members, 7,951,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics (1285 Views)

Olamide And Davido Perform Together At The Lagos City Marathon (photos, Video) / Olamide And Tayo Sobola Stun In Ankara / Olamide And Phyno Chilling In London (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics by princejenks(m): 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
Adedeji Olamide,better known as Olamide,is one of the few hip-pop
artistes that uses his native tongue,yoruba, to rap. He has at least three albums to his credit; Rapsodi, YBNL and Baddest Guy ever liveth,I actually have the last two of these albums in my kitty.

Let me say right away that I was never originally a fan of Olamide because when I first listened to him, I thought his rap was too noisy and aggressive for my liking having already fallen in love with Dagrin's matured rap style. So it was only natural for me to keep comparing an Olamide with a Dagrin, but over time, Olamide has proven his mettle that he can be unique in his own ways.

While still as noisy as ever in his rap, overtime, I have become tolerable to his style and I even enjoy listening to some of his songs, but I have noticed his penchant
for what I call blasphemous lyrics in recent times. It took a visit to a friend's cafe where he kept playing current tracks of Olamide for me to take cognizance of this. In all of his songs that I listened to at this
friend's place, I noticed he kept mentioning the name of our lord Jesus Christ in a manner that borders  on the realm of blasphemy to anyone that doesn’t have an open mind on such things. Take one of the tracks titled ‘Jesu O kola’ as an example, while some may argue that there wasn’t anything blasphemous in the way he kept mentioning the name of Jesus on this track, but he didn’t exactly paint him in good light either, and for someone whose music is being listened to by both Christians and non Christians alike, one would have thought he should have been mindful about how he portrays someone people have strong faith in. This is not to spite the artiste, but I think he should do the needful here, which is that he shouldn’t be seen as giving people of other faiths the license to disrespect our lord Jesus Christ because an Olamide does same, albeit not intentionally.
Re: Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics by nkwako: 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
One major reason I refused to buy the album....thanks Christians should not listen to secular artists that disrespect Christ
Re: Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics by jayebros01(m): 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pointless post..... d various lyrics or.........
Re: Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics by Niwdog(m): 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
There is one he said "ebele koro lun yan oba nbo" i didn't like it as his fan.
Cause most of his fan are in support of gej
Re: Olamide And His Penchant For Blasphemous Lyrics by laykhorn(m): 2:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Let me say right away that I was never originally a fan of Olamide because when I first listened to him, I thought his rap was too noisy and aggressive for my liking having already fallen in love with Dagrin's matured rap style. So it was only natural for me to keep comparing an Olamide with a Dagrin
this is my problem with that thug. You come up with useless noise and rubbish lyrics under the guise of being a street razo. Dagrin of blessed memory was more of the street than Olamide yet his lyrics was cool, sublime and there is always some sense in it. We miss you
Rest In Peace Dagrin!

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Guys Wrote This Subject During Your WAEC?? / Nadia Buari And Sister Flaunt Bikini Bodies / Checkout This Beautiful Photo Of Van Vicker And His Sweet Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.