Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Lagos State Govt Begins Demolition Of Burnt Balogun Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Govt Begins Demolition Of Burnt Balogun Market (376 Views)

EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) / Wike Begins Demolition Of Structures On Waterways(photos) / Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Govt Begins Demolition Of Burnt Balogun Market by harbdulrasaq88(m): 7:08am On Feb 21, 2015
The Lagos State Government today Friday Feb. 20th began the demolition of the 3 buildings gutted by fire on January 12 at the popular Balogun Market in Central Lagos. Fire gutted the buildings housing about 100 shops and destroyed goods worth millions of naira.

Officials of the company who spoke to NAN on condition of anonymity said that it was the govt that gave directive for the buildings to be demolished.

The head of the demolition team said that the work would take some time to finish. Mrs Uju Agunna, a trader who sold clothes in one of the shops gutted, told NAN that she would rent the same place anytime the shops were rebuilt.

“I will like to go back to my shop. I have been in this Balogun for over 15 years so it is difficult for me to go and rent somewhere else.’’ “We hope that when the demolition exercise is completed the owners can start building. But now I am sharing a shop with my friend as you can see,” Agunna said.

http://www..net/2015/02/lagos-state-govt-begins-demolition-of.html

Re: Lagos State Govt Begins Demolition Of Burnt Balogun Market by daimsy(f): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2015
That's a prompt move.#active government#
Re: Lagos State Govt Begins Demolition Of Burnt Balogun Market by LagosBoi2(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2015
Sai Fashola
Re: Lagos State Govt Begins Demolition Of Burnt Balogun Market by buygala(m): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2015
Wise move...before all those crooked shop-owners simply repaint the burnt shops and lease them out again.... undecided

(1) (Reply)

Prof Osinbajo Didn’t Ask me To Join The APC – Femikuti / AIG MBU'S Comment And APC Lies! Don't Be Deceived, Shine Your Eyes / 10 Amazing Quotes From Buhari’s Speech At Chatham House Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.