Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth (3281 Views)

Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? / 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by teamlee: 9:24am On Feb 21, 2015
Journey time to Mars, which is approximately 40 million miles away depending
on its position in orbit, would be around 200 days.

Some of these Oyibo people are weird sha. 100 of them have agreed to go a
one-way mission to Mars - and never return to earth. These 100 people were
picked from 200,000 people all over the world who applied for the Mars One
mission. They've agreed to die there. Read the bizarre story below...
100 brave souls from around the globe are now vying for a one-way ticket
to Mars, knowing they will never return from the Red Planet. The Dutch-
based Mars One project - which aims to send people to live on the faraway
planet - has whittled down its shortlist of candidates from more than 200k
to just 50 men& 50 women, a 3rd of them Americans
Among the array of science fanatics, Trekies, physics majors, engineers and
doctors, there were also a few more surprising choices, including a singer
who was doing a two-man show in New York at the time of his application
for the program; an artist with a fascinating family connection to NASA; a
mechanic from a remote part of Utah, and an aspiring novelist.
Andrew Tunks (left), 28, works in health care technology and in his free time is
writing a novel. His goal in life is to reduce suffering in the world; Carmen Paul
(right), 32, serves in the National Guard and is an avid techie.
From this shortlist, a final crew of four will eventually be sent to Mars,
scheduled to arrive in 2025 following a grueling seven-month journey from
Earth.
Among the 100 prospective Mars colonists, which hail from 40 countries, there
are 33 US residents ranging in age from 19 to 60.
The American hopefuls come from all walks of life, including PhD students,
engineers, artists, medical doctors, and even a singer and a workout trainer.
Out of the 33 men and women vying for the honors of traveling to Mars, half a
dozen are over the age of 50, including a married father of five.

Kay Radzik Warren, a 54-year-old architectural project manager, wants to be a
part of a settlement on Mars

Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by teamlee: 9:26am On Feb 21, 2015
Data analyst Yari Rodriguez, 27, said that going to Mars on a one-way ticket
is like donating her body to science

Ryan Macdonald (left) a physics student at Oxford University said: 'The most
important thing to do in life is to leave a legacy. A lot of people do that by
having a child...for me this would be my legacy.' Claire Weedon (right) is the
only Briton who doesn’t work in science and is a self-confessed adrenaline
junkie

The Mars One mission aims to establish a colony on the red planet
It now has a list of 50 men and 50 women from an original 200,000
entries
US is best represented in the long-list, with 33 Americans vying to be part
of the mission
The 33 US residents are ranging in age from 19 to 60
Some of the would-be astronauts are married with children, including
one applicant with five kids
This will be cut to 40 in next stages, with four chosen for the first
mission

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2957309/Meet-33-Americans-live-MARS-never-return-Mission-reveals-final-longlist-manned-one-way-journey-red-planet.html
[center]Data analyst Yari Rodriguez, 27, said that going to Mars on a one-way ticket

junkie

entries
of the mission
mission

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2957309/Meet-33-Americans-live-MARS-never-return-Mission-reveals-final-longlist-manned-one-way-journey-red-planet.html
[/center]Data analyst Yari Rodriguez, 27, said that going to Mars on a one-way ticket

junkie

entries
of the mission
mission

Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:32am On Feb 21, 2015
Reminds me of the series : THE 100

who else Knows that movie? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Immortalz(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2015
Ok na, colonization of a planet abi?
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by SELENAqueensy(f): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Please can I join then

Why am I just hearing about this now after they have finished picking pipu angry

1 Like

Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by fr3do(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Hope a considerable number of blacks are involved!
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by hahn(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2015
fr3do:
Hope a considerable number of blacks are involved!

Involved in initiating the idea/program and desiging the rocket that will take them there or in producing components of the rocket, abi?
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Krasid(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
Please can I join then

Why am I just hearing about this now after they have finished picking pipu angry
Seriously? You would choose to leave earth for mars?
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by deanoffaculty: 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
SMALLPENIS:
Reminds me of the series : THE 100
who else Knows that movie? cheesy
Clarke and her mom, chancellor, Bellamy,Murphy, Jasper, finn, Ravens, Lincoln, etc....
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
Journey Of No Return, Good luck and God speed, learnt the distance is about 99,000,000m and its gonna take them months to get there.
They have to be in their protective suits always while going outside.
They will make history by the time they launch from the earth

"The first set of people to settle on mars."

"These people will be the most famous people on the planet,learnt it will be live on the internet and I can’t imagine that a single person with a TV or internet connection wouldn’t tune in when they land on Mars. It would be the biggest media
event of all time. Imagine if they have a baby up there.
Can you imagine stepping out onto the red Martian soil, looking up, and seeing Earth? Can you imagine that feeling that you will never leave Mars, never step foot on Earth again?"

jameystegmaier.com/2012/06/real-world-mars/

Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by fr3do(m): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
hahn:

Involved in initiating the idea/program and desiging the rocket that will take them there or in producing components of the rocket, abi?

Involved in the expedition.
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by cahnellven: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Weird people
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by moneybag100: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Another "Tera Nova" Safe trip.
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Lexusgs430: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
Please can I join then

Would you have volunteered?
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by smakati(m): 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Oyibo no dey mind dere business, na so one go syria say she dey do humanitarian work until isil kill am. Wetin concern us with mars for christ sake!

Anyway sha as my papa dey talk am 'dem no dey tell small pikin make im no get big teeth as long as him get big lips to cover am'.... if dey sha reach dere see alien make dem no just come back. Awon oloriburuku alakoba oshi
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by SELENAqueensy(f): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:
Seriously? You would choose to leave earth for mars?

Lexusgs430:

Would you have volunteered?

YES, GLADLY
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Lexusgs430: 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
SELENAqueensy:

YES, GLADLY

You and I on that galaxy and exploring Mars!!! Women they say are from Mars & This man is from a fantasy island!!!
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by bebe2(f): 12:42am On Feb 22, 2015
Oya see travel to oversea òo,

Our pple go like to travel, shud qu icky apply now before them go set up border control Mars o grin
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by bebe2(f): 12:45am On Feb 22, 2015
smakati:
Oyibo no dey mind dere business, na so one go syria say she dey do humanitarian work until isil kill am. Wetin concern us with mars for christ sake!

Anyway sha as my papa dey talk am 'dem no dey tell small pikin make im no get big teeth as long as him get big lips to cover am'.... if dey sha reach dere see alien make dem no just come back. Awon oloriburuku alakoba oshi

Yes, na so .

Typical African, u no go explore or investigate anything, u go just sit down there, but once the goodies start to fly in u will be first in line feeling entitled.
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by smakati(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2015
bebe2:

Yes, na so .

Typical African, u no go explore or investigate anything, u go just sit down there, but once the goodies start to fly in u will be first in line feeling entitled.
Fyi, I am a researcher, I am currently investigating how to overcome the mechanisms that make Pseudomonas resistant to antibiotics, so bebe, I am not just sitting down.
There should be a limit to exploring, have we solved all the problems on earth or let me rephrase, have we explained all the phenomenon on earth? The money that will be wasted on this trip should be diverted to funding reasonable research, think cancer for example.
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by bebe2(f): 10:24am On Feb 22, 2015
smakati:

Fyi, I am a researcher, I am currently investigating how to overcome the mechanisms that make Pseudomonas resistant to antibiotics, so bebe, I am not just sitting down.
There should be a limit to exploring, have we solved all the problems on earth or let me rephrase, have we explained all the phenomenon on earth? The money that will be wasted on this trip should be diverted to funding reasonable research, think cancer for example.

My point exactly.
We ve been exploring earth, now let's diversify. Who knows they might get to Mars now and find a simple solution to lots of problems we have here.

Good to know u a researcher, u shud be on dat trip tongue
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2015
bebe2:

My point exactly.
We ve been exploring earth, now let's diversify. Who knows they might get to Mars now and find a simple solution to lots of problems we have here.

Good to know u a researcher, u shud be on dat trip tongue

Dem say na one way trip, supposing kasala happen for Mars, it means they are all doom, humans love exploration but these one don pass don be careful.........make l spread mat with my kunu and pop corn dey watch them from where l dey......... wink
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by LieDetector(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2015
Good morning seun, obinoscopy, ishilove, lalasticlala. Happy sunday to y'all
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by bebe2(f): 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
shinejackie:

Dem say na one way trip, supposing kasala happen for Mars, it means they are all doom, humans love exploration but these one don pass don be careful.........make l spread mat with my kunu and pop corn dey watch them from where l dey......... wink

Naija guys wey over like women , u no see the fyne fyne babes wey go join u for the mission , u suppose dey happy nah, lol

U try sha, u continue ur earth mission, make them continue their mars own. Na for one common good.
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by bebe2(f): 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
LieDetector:
Good morning seun, obinoscopy, ishilove, lalasticlala. Happy sunday to y'all

Which kai awilo greeting be this? Dem dey pay u to greet them?
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
bebe2:

Naija guys wey over like women , u no see the fyne fyne babes wey go join u for the mission , u suppose dey happy nah, lol

U try sha, u continue ur earth mission, make them continue their mars own. Na for one common good.

Planet Mars is not a place for romance ooo.........dem go dey float inside capsule incubator...God wey create earth no say na only here human life fit survive.......l wish them safe trip.....@bebe2 y u no join dem now..lol......me l like planet earth........meanwhile make l go lie on my mat with my pepsi and pop corn.... wink

1 Like

Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by LieDetector(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
bebe2:

Which kai awilo greeting be this? Dem dey pay u to greet them?
lol. I should have included bebe2 on the list. grin

But it's obvious my reason for greeting all them mods.
Re: 100 People Agree To Go Live In Mars ...and Never Returnto Earth by bebe2(f): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
LieDetector:
lol. I should have included bebe2 on the list. grin

But it's obvious my reason for greeting all them mods.

grin grin
Oya gd morning sir

(1) (Reply)

Finally I Am Going To Travel To Lagos For The Very First Time In My Life. / A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc / Dubai Or Kuwait?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.