Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? (1253 Views)

Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Selling Lagos State To The Ndigbos? / Free Meals, Allowance For Jobless Youths, N5,000 For Poor Families-Buhari Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Do Ndigbos families readily offer a visitor food?

A friend of mine quite used to tye Igbos pointed out to me that a typical Ndigbo family would not offer a visitor a meal.................

because the famine and lack of food that the traditional igbo land has suffered from over the years meant families do not have enough food to spare with visitors.
And this has somehow become a permanent culture, of families rarely offering visitors food even in the times of abundance.

I am yet to verify this myself but is it true?
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Like the odourless Fufu share by your master at osun the headquater of stomach infrastructure. We could see that as generosity! Yes we don't share nor give visitors food, are you ok now?
Generals02:

A friend of mine quite used to tye Igbos pointed out to me that a typical Ndigbo family would not offer a visitor a meal.................

because the famine and lack of food that the traditional igbo land has suffered from over the years meant families do not have enough food to spare with visitors.
And this has somehow become a permanent culture, of families rarely offering visitors food even in the times of abundance.

10 Likes

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Like the odourless Fufu share by your master at osun the headquater of stomach infrastructure. We could see that as generosity! Yes we don't share nor give visitors food, are you ok now?

9 Likes

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
Yes why should you give a visitor food, didn't his parent teach him not to eat in someone's house

Generals02:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by menix(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
Is this OP suffering frm d Abo (sacrifice) he ate @ oshogbo junction.

D Zeus thunder wey go soon fire u is been defrost..

Nkita ndi Oshogbo..

9 Likes

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Beamborla(f): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
How sure are you guys that the OP is Yoruba? lipsrsealed
Mtcheeeew...
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by menix(m): 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
^^.. Watz dat nkita saying plz..
Do u work @ his state laison ofix...

1 Like

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
menix:
^^.. Watz dat nkita saying plz..
Do u work @ his state laison ofix...

She was right. what makes you think i'm yoruba?

So obviously the observation was right afterall. So even you don't offer visitor's meal? Nawao
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by menix(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Generals02:

She was right. what makes you think i'm yoruba?

So obviously the observation was right afterall. So even you don't offer visitor's meal? Nawao

Then print this out nd visit d nearest Jaiz bank to cash ur fortune..

1 Like

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by vislabraye(m): 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Generals02:

Na wa O !! I never hear anything like this before.
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
menix:

Then print this out nd visit d nearest Jaiz bank to cash ur fortune..

I don't have a printer here. Pls print it out for me and take it to Jaiz in my behalf. Thanks.
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by vislabraye(m): 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Yes why should you give a visitor food, didn't his parent teach him not to eat in someone's house

So it is true It means your friend can't come over to your place on weekend. He will starve.
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
vislabraye:

Na wa O !! I never hear anything like this before.

My broda I didnt believe it at first but it seems true. Notice that all the Igbo posters above me corrobate it.
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Juliaann(f): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Faints****

Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Juliaann:
Faints****

Where did you get that pics from?

He is a nairalander. His name is bingbagbo grin

Between @topic is it true?
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
vislabraye:

So it is true It means your friend can't come over to your place on weekend. He will starve.

That's their culture.
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by ishiamu(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2015
Generals02:

That's their culture.

Stfu don't say what you don't know,
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:58am On Feb 22, 2015
make ndi ofe continue their st.upidity on this forum till we start,any me mode that will hide our topic or ban us let AMADIOHA+EBUNU UKPABI join hand and strike him or her dead ISSSSEEEEEEE
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
make ndi ofe continue their st.upidity on this forum till we start,any me mode that will hide our topic or ban us let AMADIOHA+EBUNU UKPABI join hand and strike him or her dead ISSSSEEEEEEE

Nawa o. E never reach thus now. We are one. I only made an observation. You either corrobate it or refute it. Ease down with the cussing abeg.
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
ishiamu:

Stfu don't say what you don't know,

Is the observation right or wrong?
Re: Is This True About The Ndigbos Families? by ishiamu(m): 12:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Generals02:

Is the observation right or wrong?

Absolutely 100% wrong

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Groups That Fear APC's CHANGE / Some Questions For Decent, Progressive And Upright Nairalanders/Nigerians. / Police-woman Asleep On Election Duty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.