Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,189 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:06 PM

Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados (33726 Views)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Gooci(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
how is barbados is it good for som1 to come and hustle(legally), their pay etc

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by gbaby4live: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
SkinnyDude:
you go give me 5k? you wan make i chop my school fees?

Can't Laff Jare
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by gbaby4live: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
Gooci:
9ja with hussle sha....hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 12:02am On Feb 25, 2015
Gooci:

It would certainly not be legally
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by nattybanta(m): 7:28am On Mar 05, 2015
momoyama:

Barbados is nice and worth a visit, though. Been there twice and loved it.
wow. where in barbados r u? am at saint James.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
nattybanta:

I am not in Barbados. I just know it well. I am in the Bahamas, which is where I am from. Kind of similar to Barbados in most ways.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by nattybanta(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
momoyama:

I am not in Barbados. I just know it well. I am in the Bahamas, which is where I am from. Kind of similar to Barbados in most ways.
owk
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Nerressa: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2015
nattybanta:
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by kehnton(m): 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
momoyama:

There is no Barbadian embassy in Nigeria. But I understand that Nigerians do NOT need visas to visit there. But two words of caution: Firstly, it is practically impossible to get there without transiting through several countries that do require visas. Secondly, Barbadian immigration officials at the airport are very strict and can very easily refuse entry if they are suspicious of somebody coming from a country like Nigeria as a 'tourist' and intending to stay and work in Barbados.

I'm sorry i had to wake up this thread.
how do i get a business Visa to barbados please?
as I've read, i don't need a Visa as a tourist.
but I'm looking at either getting a business Visa or come work as a volunteer.
you may need to help me with good volunteering opportunities in Barbados.

thank you!
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
Volunteer You mean unpaid? I do not think it is possible to get a visa to visit as a volunteer. That is called working, and for that you will need a work permit, which would not be easy. What is the reason for your wanting to do volunteer work in Barbados? Is it not better just to come as a tourist?

kehnton:

I'm sorry i had to wake up this thread.
how do i get a business Visa to barbados please?
as I've read, i don't need a Visa as a tourist.
but I'm looking at either getting a business Visa or come work as a volunteer.
you may need to help me with good volunteering opportunities in Barbados.

thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Originalsly: 11:35am On Feb 23, 2016
jessiecah:

Not in Nigeria at the moment, must it be in Abuja?
Since you are in Dominica....shouldn't be hard for you to hop over to Trinidad to spend a few days as a tourist (see thread Social Visit to Trinidad...contact op Frank for info)...and you can check in at the British Consulate there for visa to the Bahamas. Meanwhile...make the best of your stay in the big village Dominica.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Originalsly:
Since you are in Dominica....shouldn't be hard for you to hop over to Trinidad to spend a few days as a tourist (see thread Social Visit to Trinidad...contact op Frank for info)...and you can check in at the British Consulate there for visa to the Bahamas. Meanwhile...make the best of your stay in the big village Dominica.

To get a visa to visit the Bahamas, you need to apply in your home country
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Originalsly: 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
momoyama:

To get a visa to visit the Bahamas, you need to apply in your home country
True.....she's so close but yet so far!
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by kehnton(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
momoyama:
Volunteer You mean unpaid? I do not think it is possible to get a visa to visit as a volunteer. That is called working, and for that you will need a work permit, which would not be easy. What is the reason for your wanting to do volunteer work in Barbados? Is it not better just to come as a tourist?

yes as a tourist will do
i was just worried as some gets rejected only after landing..
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
If you mention work, then it is more likely to be rejected, I think.

kehnton:

yes as a tourist will do
i was just worried as some gets rejected only after landing..

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by kehnton(m): 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
momoyama:
If you mention work, then it is more likely to be rejected, I think.

i believe.

to come as a tourist, i need some cash too,
alot of extra cash,
for that's what will determine I'd they will give me the whole 6 months or not. i wouldn't wanna settle for less.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
Why would you want to stay for a whole 6 months if it is just as a tourist?

kehnton:

i believe.

to come as a tourist, i need some cash too,
alot of extra cash,
for that's what will determine I'd they will give me the whole 6 months or not. i wouldn't wanna settle for less.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 12:36am On Feb 25, 2016
I am from the Bahamas, not Barbados. But it is somewhat similar and I have been to Barbados several times. If by 'hustle' you mean work, then it is not easy to do that, as it is illegal to enter as a tourist and then work. Strict immigration rules. But Nigerians do not need visas to visit Barbados as a tourist. I would not advise trying to hustle, however.

Gooci:
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by kehnton(m): 1:31am On Feb 25, 2016
momoyama:
Why would you want to stay for a whole 6 months if it is just as a tourist?

i can stay as long as i have the money to live for the 6months right?

anyway. I'm losing interest in Barbados...

maybe i would go to Canada instead through one of their immigration programs,

thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by adeniyi3971(m): 9:20pm On May 27, 2016
momoyama:
I am from the Bahamas, not Barbados. But it is somewhat similar and I have been to Barbados several times. If by 'hustle' you mean work, then it is not easy to do that, as it is illegal to enter as a tourist and then work. Strict immigration rules. But Nigerians do not need visas to visit Barbados as a tourist. I would not advise trying to hustle, however.

can you please intimate me with Bahamas visa process? thanks
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by dasparrow: 3:08am On May 30, 2016
adeniyi3971:

"intimate you"? Na wa! It best is best to ask her to enlighten you on the visa application process not intimate you. Anyways, apply for your visa at the UK embassy in Lagos or Abuja.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 11:31am On Jun 03, 2016
adeniyi3971:

Since there is no Bahamian embassy in Nigeria, you have to apply at the British High Commission, which handles our affairs in that country. I am told that the process is very difficult and involves similar requirements as applying for a visa to enter the United Kingdom.

Are you interested in just travelling here for tourism?
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by adeniyi3971(m): 5:42am On Jun 05, 2016
momoyama:

Since there is no Bahamian embassy in Nigeria, you have to apply at the British High Commission, which handles our affairs in that country. I am told that the process is very difficult and involves similar requirements as applying for a visa to enter the United Kingdom.

Are you interested in just travelling here for tourism?

yes just tourism
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by N101: 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
momoyama:

Are you being serious? You have really never been outside the borders of Nigeria? Wow!

Is that very common in Nigeria? It seems not, because I have met Nigerians everywhere: in London, Japan, California, even Argentina.
A visit to Nigeria will prove that not only do many people not travel (which isn't unusual), but even fewer know about the Caribbean, much less Dominica, Barbados or the Bahamas.

If you say you're from the Caribbean (the Bahamas is on the fringes, you will just confuse people even more if you try to explain lol) the default question you'll be asked is if you're "Jamo" (Jamaican).
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
N101:

A visit to Nigeria will prove that not only do many people not travel (which isn't unusual), but even fewer know about the Caribbean, much less Dominica, Barbados or the Bahamas.

If you say you're from the Caribbean (the Bahamas is on the fringes, you will just confuse people even more if you try to explain lol) the default question you'll be asked is if you're "Jamo" (Jamaican).

Actually, the Bahamas is not in the Caribbean. Rather it is in the Atlantic, like Bermuda and the Turks and Caicos. Many outsiders do not realise that, but to us it is a very clear distinction. And it is VERY different from Jamaica. But I would expect most people from far away places (like Nigeria) would assume it is the same or maybe not even have heard of the Bahamas.

For the record, the Bahamas is where Columbus landed when he discovered America. Most people do not realize that he never went to the continental United States and that "America" refers to the whole continent.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by val2all: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
how can i get a visa to barbados?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Monickkay: 10:10am On May 23, 2017
momoyama:

Barbados is nice and worth a visit, though. Been there twice and loved it.
wud like to visit dere but don't know how to go about it
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Tklabelle(f): 7:39pm On May 26, 2017
No you don't need a visa to visit Barbados
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by Jb10(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2017
momoyama:

Actually, the Bahamas is not in the Caribbean. Rather it is in the Atlantic, like Bermuda and the Turks and Caicos. Many outsiders do not realise that, but to us it is a very clear distinction. And it is VERY different from Jamaica. But I would expect most people from far away places (like Nigeria) would assume it is the same or maybe not even have heard of the Bahamas.

For the record, the Bahamas is where Columbus landed when he discovered America. Most people do not realize that he never went to the continental United States and that "America" refers to the whole continent.

Hello mate.... I heard Sierra Leone is visa free to Bahama's...how true is that can you confirm it for me Sir..if true I have my Sierra leonean passport ,would you enlighten me more about Bahamas...
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by expertman(m): 10:32pm On May 27, 2017
Hello bro,

Please are you currently in Bahamas?

momoyama:

Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
Jb10:

Hello mate.... I heard Sierra Leone is visa free to Bahama's...how true is that can you confirm it for me Sir..if true I have my Sierra leonean passport ,would you enlighten me more about Bahamas...

Yes, that is true. Sierra Leoneans do not need visas to travel here.
Re: Do I Need A Visa To Travel From Nigeria To Barbados by momoyama: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
expertman:

Hello bro,

Please are you currently in Bahamas?

Yes I am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Adekunle Fajuyi Memorial Park In Ado Ekiti / Man Dies In Fatal Accident In Anambra (Photos) / Two US Army Helicopters Crash During Training, Several Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.