Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,170 members, 7,903,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:14 PM

She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (38441 Views)

Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2009
KarmaMod, this is the place you should have used your 'agidi.' Morpheus24 is qualifying yoruba women as "black, ewedu eating", in a way that it insinuating a let down. Am disappointed that you didn't start fighting for the Yoruba women, so that I may now join you in the effort.

Now Morpheus24, not all yoruba women are 'black and or ewedu eating" person. So I will leave it at that. And not all women from outside Yoruba ethnicity is not black or not ewedu eating woman either.

KarmaMod (Ameebo, meebo,meebo), am also married to Yoruba woman, too. The sweetness of yoruba women would end with a failed marriage. I love the language, so I will always a room in my heart for a yoruba woman. But no alagidi in my life.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by morpheus24: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
olabowale:

KarmaMod, this is the place you should have used your 'agidi.' Morpheus24 is qualifying yoruba women as "black, ewedu eating", in a way that it insinuating a let down. Am disappointed that you didn't start fighting for the Yoruba women, so that I may now join you in the effort.

Now Morpheus24, not all yoruba women are 'black and or ewedu eating" person. So I will leave it at that. And not all women from outside Yoruba ethnicity is not black or not ewedu eating woman either.

KarmaMod (Ameebo, meebo,meebo), am also married to Yoruba woman, too. The sweetness of yoruba women would end with a failed marriage. I love the language, so I will always a room in my heart for a yoruba woman. But no alagidi in my life.

What else would you love the best, apart from Yoruba women since you came from one and obviously are one as well (i.e Yoruba that is). What else would you love apart from being a muslim when that is all you know and were born into.(Please no we are all muslims when we are born BS)

How could you know anything outside of that since you are unfortunatley a subjective being.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
And I managed to be outside the "box." My criteria; woman, muslim, beautiful and gentle. What tribe are you? Do your women have these qualities? If I can't marry from it, I will friends and my sons to "invade" it for the best of them for wives.

The only reason that I even respond to you is the "black, ewedu eating" statement. I found it typical. You dont know enough about Yorubas. we are tapestry of colors, patches and textures. Just like any group of people, the things we have in common are fewer than what we do not have in common.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by morpheus24: 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2009
olabowale:

The only reason that I even respond to you is the "black, ewedu eating" statement. I found it typical. You dont know enough about Yorubas. we are tapestry of colors, patches and textures. Just like any group of people, the things we have in common are fewer than what we do not have in common.
And how is experiencing life as Yoruba or having more commonalities with one another any different from any Human you have come across on this planet and why would you have to explain that to me knowing that every one experiencies the same as you.

That's why you are propelled to respond to me is because in that complex brain of yours, you respond only to one stimuli, which is the sensation you get thinking you have reached nirvana and the comfort in most of your delusions of grandeur which you are compelled to share with others cause it gives your life meaning and sets you above others which unfortunately most human minds crave.

Mind you I am still answering the poster's questions. You are only concentrating on the "black, ewedu eating part".Anyone just has to look a little deeper to figure out what I am insinuating.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by KarmaMod(f): 2:02am On Jan 15, 2009

You think Ive forgotten where you've called Yoruba women "man crazy"/promiscuous ?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2009
@KarmaMod: I think the youth in you is running amock. Now are you man crazy or promiscuous? Afterall, you are a yoruba woman. I spoke about a specific yoruba woman, who said she was boy crazy, while she was a muslim. Obviously, she was not actually practicing Islam then, because she would have known it was a wrong idea to be that boy crazy.

Later she left Islam for christianity where the rule about boy and girl mixing up is not as hard and defined. I wonder if she dropped the boy craziness, even now, considering that somebody ask if she was looking and her affirmed. There is nothing wrong in being whatever she wants to be. There is nothing wrong in you being what you wanna be.

Obviously, you are not for or less yoruba than me. I come from a large family of almost 40 siblings. You can imagine how many sisters from there, nieces and then cousins. From my parents' extended home there are two royalties. And in the days, unlike now, these kings have tons and tons of children. So you can imagine how many aunts and great aunts and even cousins and great cousins that I do have. Anyone who is a yoruba with the last name of Ojomo is related to me by mother's side.

Now, some of my nieces are still virgins. So for you to just open your mouth and say that I considered all Yoruba women as boy crazy and promiscuous is silly and dishonest. Will I say that all non-muslim women are terrible or all muslim women are good, such statement will be pure lie.

Kini mo tie nba iwo omode yi so? O she wa si Manhattan wa mu mi? lol. Mo raye ni mo tie nda e lowun. I dont know why I should pay attention to your baseless complaint.

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by KarmaMod(f): 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2009
Story Story Talo ron e nise?

Im not the only one that showed that quote to you in that thread now am I?

You used the fact that she's YORUBA to say she's "Boy crazy" blah blah. If not, why did you even bring up her tribe in the first place?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2009
Mo sha ti so fun e pe ko wa mu mi ni Manhattan. In case you don't know, the Yorubas dont use e for agbalagba in the ta lo ron e nse, which you wrote above. Rather it is yin as in ta lo ron yin nse.

I guess your yoruba cultural respect is lost by the gain that you have made in america. As stated again, wa mu mi.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by KarmaMod(f): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2009
you sound like a child at the moment so why would I use "yin"? 

I mean just look at your statement. "wa mu mi", is this not a discussion board abi it's now nursery school?  Wetin concern me with "catching you"?

Am I playing Tag/Hide N Seek? Cant even answer the question. dodging as usual

what's my business pelu Manhattan, like I need to be mugged by your numerous hobos and homeless people. Abeg as akobi, I still have alot to do for my parents and siblings

Use your Manhattan juju on someone else. grin Kibi pada si onibi  cool
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
You must be bushy. I stop for a moment to wonder how you have been raised. Everything is curse word or juju. Is this the christian part of you or the Oloogun or Juju fetish part of you? I wonder if there is no homeless people in Beverly Hills; Nick Nolte and betty Midler movie about homelessness comes to mind.

Take your heart from the bush for a moment. We know you are in america. America is not in you, yet. But of course there are many bushy places in america, too. So am not surprised about your thinking. You need to see many places and many people.

May your akobi position be secured. Pele. Your one liner and ameebo responses is less that from people of Nursery School age. Ogaa o.

When a person says 'wa mu mi', it simply says that your statement is really an effective statement. We are on discussion board, but we must still be honest, in dialogue.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by MrCrackles(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2009
I am so against the forceful conversion of people because of marriage

Personally, i will never try to convert a woman if she is not practising the same religion as me and i will marry anyone i love regardless of the religion*

*As long as the religion is Islam or Christianity, my boat is rocking!

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Riskie(f): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2009
Brash! You're back! Welcome bro! cheesy
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
@Morpheus24: « #35 on: Yesterday at 10:25:47 PM »  

And how is experiencing life as Yoruba or having more commonalities with one another any different from any Human you have come across on this planet and why would you have to explain that to me knowing that every one experiencies the same as you.

That's why you are propelled to respond to me is because in that complex brain of yours, you respond only to one stimuli, which is the sensation you get thinking you have reached nirvana and the comfort in most of your delusions of grandeur which you are compelled to share with others cause it gives your life meaning and sets you above others which unfortunately most human minds crave.

Mind you I am still answering the poster's questions. You are only concentrating on the "black, ewedu eating part".Anyone just has to look a little deeper to figure out what I am insinuating.

I have been a yoruba all my life and no matter how deeply I look, I can't figure ut what you are insinuating. Not all yorubas are black and ewedu eating. Not all yorubas are muslims. Not all muslims are yorubas. You could have help yourself in your argument or response to me or the poster, by realising that my first and at that time only wife is a yoruba like me. Except that we had different religions, which I said was the first victim of the marriage when it was collapsing. Now, my primary interest in a woman is her Islam.

Yoruba or no yoruba, black or no black, ewedu eating or no ewedu eating, and others, eat or collectively is or are secondary. I like a woman who speaks yoruba more than the one who does not. But thats beside the point.

It is clear in my mind that a marriage, like any other contract or agreement needs a greater commonality between parties. What people call mutual benefits. If people have a focal point; in the case of Islam, Allah in all that He commands, then the tearing apart of relationship will for the most part will not be harsh, hard and violent. Like it is stated; a family that prays together, stays together.

And enough about your narvana! Discuss that with hindu. I happen to be a muslim. Rather say that I am a Mumin. And my having Islam in common with my spouse is greater than the yoruba commonality with a non-muslim.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by KarmaMod(f): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2009
olabowale:

You must be bushy. I stop for a moment to wonder how you have been raised. Everything is curse word or juju. Is this the christian part of you or the Oloogun or Juju fetish part of you? I wonder if there is no homeless people in Beverly Hills; Nick Nolte and betty Midler movie about homelessness comes to mind.

Take your heart from the bush for a moment. We know you are in america. America is not in you, yet. But of course there are many bushy places in america, too. So am not surprised about your thinking. You need to see many places and many people.

May your akobi position be secured. Pele. Your one liner and ameebo responses is less that from people of Nursery School age. Ogaa o.

When a person says 'wa mu mi', it simply says that your statement is really an effective statement. We are on discussion board, but we must still be honest, in dialogue.

*yawns* static noise. NYC and LA are neck in neck for the award for the "most bums in a city", so that's a terrible example you used.

Translate "wa mu mi" in English please specifically "wa mu mi ni Mahattan". I suggest you stop deceiving yourself. what ever kind JUJU you have waiting for yourself in Manhattan ko le mu mi!  grin

That aside, did you not see the "cross necklace" on your ex wife's neck when you were going after her/before marriage? why did it suddenly start to annoy you abi you figured once she married you, she'd throw it all away

Strong woman  grin You sure Frizy isnt your son?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by MrCrackles(m): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2009
Riskie:

Brash! You're back! Welcome bro! cheesy

Thanks a lot homegurl kiss cheesy
Missed ya all happy nu yr BT.W
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by abdulreal(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2009
Barakah,
My advice to you is, Make her see good Reason why she should revert to a Muslim. The Holy book says, you can marry a woman for her beauty, wealth and religion. and further says the best is religion.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by morpheus24: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2009
olabowale:

@Morpheus24: « #35 on: Yesterday at 10:25:47 PM »
I have been a yoruba all my life and no matter how deeply I look, I can't figure ut what you are insinuating. Not all yorubas are black and ewedu eating. Not all yorubas are muslims. Not all muslims are yorubas. You could have help yourself in your argument or response to me or the poster, by realising that my first and at that time only wife is a yoruba like me. Except that we had different religions, which I said was the first victim of the marriage when it was collapsing. Now, my primary interest in a woman is her Islam.

Yoruba or no yoruba, black or no black, ewedu eating or no ewedu eating, and others, eat or collectively is or are secondary. I like a woman who speaks yoruba more than the one who does not. But thats beside the point.

It is clear in my mind that a marriage, like any other contract or agreement needs a greater commonality between parties. What people call mutual benefits. If people have a focal point; in the case of Islam, Allah in all that He commands, then the tearing apart of relationship will for the most part will not be harsh, hard and violent. Like it is stated; a family that prays together, stays together.

And enough about your narvana! Discuss that with hindu. I happen to be a muslim. Rather say that I am a Mumin. And my having Islam in common with my spouse is greater than the yoruba commonality with a non-muslim.

Thanks for proving my point.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Morpheus24: What was point again, apart from; "Black, ewudu eating yoruba Muslim woman?"
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by morpheus24: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2009
olabowale:

@Morpheus24: What was point again, apart from; "Black, ewudu eating yoruba Muslim woman?"

Please read
"What else would you love the best, apart from Yoruba women since you came from one and obviously are one as well (i.e Yoruba that is). What else would you love apart from being a muslim when that is all you know and were born into.

How could you know anything outside of that since you are unfortunatley a subjective being
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2009
Morpheus24, until just the last 4 or so years, my lovely mother was a Christian. She raised me. Today at least 2 of the women that make my heart skip a beat are not Yorubas. I guess the black, and ewedu eating things dont matter. lol.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by ajila03(m): 12:15pm On Feb 14, 2009
Sww,Pls my brother never you take such risk pls leave her alone,most cases I have seen has not been a plesant one.Your children will end up christains.Allah will give a muslim lady.

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by bawomolo(m): 6:26am On Feb 15, 2009
ajila03:

Sww,Pls my brother never you take such risk pls leave her alone,most cases I have seen has not been a plesant one.[b]Your children will end up christain[/b]s.Allah will give a muslim lady.

Why aren't the children swayed to the "truth" of the koran.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 15, 2009
ajila03:

Sww,Pls my brother never you take such risk pls leave her alone,most cases I have seen has not been a plesant one. [b]Your children will end up christains.[/b]Allah will give a muslim lady.

Why dont they ever end up as muslims?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2009
@Bawomolo: « #53 on: Today at 06:26:26 AM »

Why aren't the children swayed to the "truth" of the koran.

The same reason people, especially young people will engage in riskie actions (immoral sexual acts, even with the danger of catching HIV, other transmittal diseases or becoming a parent and "spouse" to a wrong partner), drinking, smoking and snorting, or inhaling (glue, paints, etc) and drag racing, as in playing Chicken, etc. Inshort, just because it is seductive, looks good from the outside, since personal responsibility is shun (put all of that on Jesus death on the cross). Is there a reality with the Creator in this reason; Jesus takes all their sins? Of course, no!

Just like men piercing their ears to wear earring, this days. I hope you blokes are not earring wearers? Is there a real estetic quality to it, except that a man is changing his appearance to look like a woman, since there is no real romantic or masculine projection through it? And Bawomolo, you must have heard the true saying; Truth is bitter? Really who is a muslim except a true believer, considering that it constrains or curtails so much of your "freedom", compared to Christianity that allows you to do all that you want, when you want it, as long as you belief in the death!

@davidylan (m): « #54 on: Today at 06:56:56 AM »

Why dont they ever end up as muslims?

The same reason you don't end up being a Doctor, even though you have the brain! Well, just like you said to me; I dont wanna spend many more years studying. The same way people want the easy way out. Afterall, a mere testimony that Jesus will save them by his "death on the cross" makes the "High Level Allah (God) Who is Invisible, etc, accepting Muhammad (AS) as the Messenger to be followed, making 5 Salah every day, giving Zakah and Sadaqah, Fasting, making Pilgrimage, and doing good and shunning evil (illegal sex as in fornication with boyfriend and or girlfriend, homosexualism, and many other heartsore and eyesore behaviors) the more unappealling.

Its too much hard work, just like too much of the years to study medicine. Yet a musician who put his heart to it, with determination and great perseverance and adequate focus, will in less than a decade becomes an MD!

By the way, it is not true that they never end up as muslims. My sister and I are both muslims, from a "christian mother" to a Muslim father (ra). Thank Allah, the same "christian mother" is today a "muslim mother!" It is harder, and the chance of the children going to the mother side is high since she is the nurturer. Who should have to start out with such an unpredictability?

1 Like

Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by bawomolo(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2009
The same reason people, especially young people will engage in riskie actions (immoral sexual acts, even with the danger of catching HIV, other transmittal diseases or becoming a parent and "spouse" to a wrong partner), drinking, smoking and snorting, or inhaling (glue, paints, etc) and drag racing, as in playing Chicken, etc. Inshort, just because it is seductive, looks good from the outside, since personal responsibility is shun (put all of that on Jesus death on the cross). Is there a reality with the Creator in this reason; Jesus takes all their sins? Of course, no!

most Children rebel, shouldn't they come back to Allah if they are raised with strong Islamic principles. Isn't it worrisome if Christianity prevails in most of these relationship?? It seems u are saying Christianity is the easy way out. Is the "truth" too complex for the young ones?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by babs787(m): 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2009
@Bawomolo

most Children rebel, shouldn't they come back to Allah if they are raised with strong Islamic principles.  Isn't it worrisome if Christianity prevails in most of these relationship??  It seems u are saying Christianity is the easy way out.  Is the "truth" too complex for the young ones?

Its not like that. its just that man makes house, woman makes homes. Man doesnt spend their times like women when it comes to rearing children. Wifes tends to be closer to children than men and as a result of this the christian wife would have upper hand in preachig her religion to the kids. It could go well for the husband if he is not the lazy one but the type that has both Islaic and Biblical knowledge.

I know of christian ladies that accepted Islam and never go to back to christianity. It all depends on the husband and the way he treats Christianity. Islam shouldnt be forced on her but should be allowed to see reasons why Islam is the truth. Study both religion together, ask her questions on her faith and allow her to do same too. Before you know it, she would accept it but most people treat christian wives as if they are forcing them to accept Islam.

There are different ways, methods of bringing people to Islam.

Peace
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by JJYOU: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2009
i would have tot their being christians would repulse you guys so much your john thomas wont rise. so you dont love your religion that much?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by MrCrackles(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2009
Topic

Yes it can!
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by babs787(m): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2009
@JJYOU

i would have tot their being christians would repulse you guys so much your john thomas wont rise. so you dont love your religion that much?

What is John Thomas?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 9:17pm On Feb 15, 2009
@Bawolomo: « #56 on: Today at 06:59:47 PM »

most Children rebel, shouldn't they come back to Allah if they are raised with strong Islamic principles.

They will in the future. But the future is not the present. But until the future, the parents will just have to worry and pray for Allah/God Mercy on the child. That used to ask could be used to seek for other important things, if marriage to disbeliever was avoided, at the start. Who likes to complicate his life? For sure not me. Thats why I am sticking by my Muslim woman. I dont want that kinda test!

Isn't it worrisome if Christianity prevails in most of these relationship?? It seems u are saying Christianity is the easy way out. Is the "truth" too complex for the young ones?

The truth is complex for many minds, including yours, man. No wonder the children find truth hard to swallow.
Bawomolo, am sorry man, the truth hurts. You live in Chitown. Look around man. Islam has gained many matured souls. There are Nigerian Masajid in there. I know. I have seen many of them in New York for dawah.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by alimat2(f): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2009
sallam, im a new member in the house,just that im intrested in this topic
can a muslim lady also marry a christain?due to age not bein on her side
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Lagosboy: 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2009
alimat 2:

sallam, im a new member in the house,just that im intrested in this topic
can a muslim lady also marry a christain?due to age not bein on her side

As far as i know in Islam a muslim lady is not allowed to marry a non muslim. It is as simple as that and no scholar would tell you otherwise. I am in no way to judge people or assess their situations but that is just the islamic opinion on the issue. The issue of age i dont think is a condition for doing it as far as i know and i understand many people are in this situation. I have a very close relative who did the same and her arguement was age wasnt on her side.

Marriage i reckon should not be something one chooses a person due to fear of growing out of the marriage market likewise one should not be too picky as well.

God knows best!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheikh Jamiu AMI OLOHUN - Who Is He? / Man Climbs Street Light In Abuja During Maulud Of Sheikh Ibrahim Inyass / PHOTOS: Beautiful Lady Reverts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.