Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,325 members, 7,947,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Some Reasons Why People Go To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Reasons Why People Go To Church (1119 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by Henrolla(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
i've come to understand that there are quite a number of reasons why different people do the same thing in life. religious gatherings are not left out. careful observations in church and the stories people tell most times shows that different people are in church for different reasons and some of which includes

1. ASSEMBLING OF THE BRETHREN
very few people are always known for doing things with the right motive. this is d biblical essence of the christian gathering meant to exhort one another. but unfortunstely very few people fall into this category.

2. FOR FORMALITIES.
Honestly, these set of people will always have the highest number in every christian gathering. a lot of people go to church because others are going and it's expected of them as christians by religion. they lack personal relationship with God and sometimes boast of their church like it's a football club...lol

3. SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS
A lot fall in neither of the first two categories but attend church services once in a while especially when challenges arise. not many people want to have a personal relationship with God, but everyone trust him for solutions to their problems.

4. SHOW-OFF
No doubt, such gatherings with so many people is avenue for people to show their expensive cars, gadgets, clothes and all kinds of accessories. it's been happenin and still happens. especially when they are newly aquired. and when the chips are down, or probably failure to update the wardrobe, they are nowhere to be found.

5. TO CHARGE PHONES AND OTHER GADGETS
This really sounds weird but i've seen it happen on several occassions. especially in areas where power is in absolutely short or no supply at all. these set of people love to sit close to the wall sockets and are conscious of every happenings around them for the safety of their devices.

probably, there are some reasons i didn't mention but
whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well. if you have to go to church, it should be for the right reason.
what's your reason?....

HAPPY SUNDAY!!
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by chiibekee(f): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
What else!
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by Henrolla(m): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
chiibekee:
What else!
what's ur reason?
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by chiibekee(f): 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
Henrolla:

what's ur reason?
e don finish nah. Those are the only things that take us to church
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by asala1: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
Church is boring to me now, I find it hard to stay awake in church. I went to church today after a longtime and I found it extremely boring, I had to start using my phone to save my life.
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by Henrolla(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
chiibekee:
e don finish nah. Those are the only things that take us to church
but all of it cannot be ur reason
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by Henrolla(m): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
asala1:
Church is boring to me now, I find it hard to stay awake in church. I went to church today after a longtime and I found it extremely boring, I had to start using my phone to save my life.
lolzz... so what was ur own reason?
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by CrazyMan(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
asala1:
You are under marine bondage, anyone that sleeps during a church service is under marine bondage. But fear not cos I can deliver you.

In order for me to do so, you must bring the following items when coming to my shrine.

1) One cane or horse whip
2) Broom
3) White chalk
4) Assorted candles of different colours
5) One bag of salt
6) One white cock
7) Food items

In no particular order, the cane or horse whip will be used in flogging that marine demon out of thee, the broom shall be used in sweeping whatever thing that comes out of your body as a result of the flogging, the white chalk shall be used to paint thine eyes and draw dots on thine face so as to scare away the demon, the candles shall shall be used to lit up the dark room.

The salt shall be used to sprinkle on thy wound which thee sustained during the flogging, ye shall experience pain, but the demon in thee shall receive a double of whatever pain ye shall experience.

The blood of the cock shall be sprinkled on the ground as a means of sacrifice.

Lastly, ye shall eat the food of thine labour and shall no longer sleep during service after the demon has be casted away from thee.

Tarry not while its day for the night cometh when no man shall see...I await thee in my shrine.

Signed

Concerned friend grin

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by asala1: 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
CrazyMan:

You are under marine bondage, anyone that sleeps during a church service is under marine bondage. But fear not cos I can deliver you.

In order for me to do so, you must bring the following items when coming to my shrine.

2) Broom
3) White chalk
5) One bag of salt
6) One white cock
7) Food items

In no particular order, the cane or horse whip will be used in flogging that marine demon out of thee, the broom shall be used in sweeping whatever thing that comes out of your body as a result of the flogging, the white chalk shall be used to paint thine eyes and draw dots on thine face so as to scare away the demon, the candles shall shall be used to lit up the dark room.

The salt shall be used to sprinkle on thy wound which thee sustained during the flogging, ye shall experience pain, but the demon in thee shall receive a double of whatever pain ye shall experience.

Lastly, ye shall eat the food of thine labour and shall no longer sleep during service after the demon has be casted away from thee.

Tarry not while its day for the night cometh when no man shall see...I await thee in my shrine.

Signed

Concerned friend grin

Lol! You are funny. You think crazy things no wonder you moniker. I rather eat the chicken with the demon.
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by asala1: 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Henrolla:

lolzz... so what was ur own reason?

Nothing really, I just woke up early today and also wanting to meet some other Africans.
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by Henrolla(m): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
CrazyMan:

2) Broom
3) White chalk
5) One bag of salt
6) One white cock
7) Food items

Signed

Concerned friend grin
lolzz... he might just b dead b4 d final 'Amen'
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by Henrolla(m): 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
asala1:

Nothing really, I just woke up early today and also wanting to meet some other Africans.
wasn't worth the time and stress, should be for the purpose of meeting with the creator. cos he wants u with him
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by CrazyMan(m): 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
asala1:
Lol! You are funny. You think crazy things no wonder you moniker. I rather eat the chicken with the demon.
That wouldn't be wise dear friend.

Henrolla:
lolzz... he might just b dead b4 d final 'Amen '
Its expected...he has to be dead to this world so the demon can leave his body paving way for christ to inhabit it.
Re: Some Reasons Why People Go To Church by asala1: 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Henrolla:

wasn't worth the time and stress, should be for the purpose of meeting with the creator. cos he wants u with him

He has me already and I can always meet Him anywhere even in my house.

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Picture Symbolize? / A Dream About Marriage (what Does It Translates To?) / Belivers In God,is It A Must For All Born Again Xtian To Speak In Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.