Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,768 members, 7,952,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? (1876 Views)

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by wisdompraise(m): 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
Why do we sleep in Church but stay awake in bars until sunrise? Why is it so hard to talk to God but so easy to chat? Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly message but re-send the nasty ones? Jesus said: if you deny me in front of your friends, i'll deny you in front of my father.

How was today's service?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by Caseless: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
In my case, I think the reverse is what is playing out; I find it easy to talk to God. I talk to God like I see him standing in front of me. Infact, 80 of my meditation is driven by this mode of communication.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by wisdompraise(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Caseless:
In my case, I think the reverse is what is playing out; I find it easy to talk to God. I talk to God like I see him standing in front of me. Infact, 80 of my meditation is driven by this mode of communication.

Wow! That's great. cheesy
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by dsquare33: 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
People find it diffult to pray either because they are not genuinely saved or they ignorant of God's word which could be the fault of their shepherds. Until people become more spiritually marture will they not find the presence of God boring. There is nothing as beautiful as talking to God through prayers or His word and you hearing Him speak to you by that beautiful still small voice.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by simplex2: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
Maybe because God has refused to talk back. When you chat with someone that ignores you 95% of the time, the next thing to do is to stop talking and better still, delete the contact.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by simplex2: 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
dsquare33:
People find it diffult to pray either because they are not genuinely saved or they ignorant of God's word which could be the fault of their shepherds. Until people become more spiritually marture will they not find the presence of God boring. There is nothing as beautiful as talking to God through prayers or His word and you hearing Him speak to you by that beautiful still small voice.

Yea, its always the fault of the people that are tired of praying to a God that doesn't answer or talk back. When prayers aren't answered, its always the fault of the person saying the prayers: either he doesn't have faith, or its not the will of God, irrespective of the fact that it won't take God anything to heal or save the person saying the prayer.

@bolded, never ever was it recorded in the bible that God had a still small voice! You guys just make it up so there will be a risen why he wasn't heard.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
It's very easy trust me smiley

Just be consistent with talking to him. In no time, you'll start flowing
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by simplex2: 12:12am On Feb 23, 2015
AgapeCharis:
It's very easy trust me smiley

Just be consistent with talking to him. In no time, you'll start flowing he will start replying

Fixed cool
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by wisdompraise(m): 2:04am On Feb 23, 2015
simplex2:
Maybe because God has refused to talk back. When you chat with someone that ignores you 95% of the time, the next thing to do is to stop talking and better still, delete the contact.

May God have mercy upon you.

I hope you know who "God" is? In case you don't, let me introduce Him to you because you really need Him in your life.

He is the King of Kings, the creator of heaven and earth. He is the one that gave you the breath of life. Without Him you wouldn't be alive to drop this kind of comment.

He is also ready to listen to you only if you can go down on your knees and ask for the forgiveness of your sins and save your soul.

God bless you as you acknowledge Him as the maker of heaven and earth.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by simplex2: 6:01am On Feb 23, 2015
wisdompraise:

He is the King of Kings, the creator of heaven and earth. He is the one that gave you the breath of life. Without Him you wouldn't be alive to drop this kind of comment.

Lol...u're very naïve. I was once like you, soon, you will discover the truth about what you hold esteem and that truth will set you free from false beliefs.

wisdompraise:

He is also ready to listen to you only if you can go down on your knees and ask for the forgiveness of your sins and save your soul.

Lol...seems the only prayer he answers is that of 'forgiveness of sins'. When the dying sick prays and prays and prays, he still ends up dead. When his children gathers for a prayer session, bokoharam bombs them all to death. And yet, he is a loving father, the omni-omni everything!

No bro, I don't need answered prayers from him: let him answer those that are killed daily in his name.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 23, 2015
The problem is not in God talking back. God doesn't hold back because you have been busy chatting with other people. He's the one that said come let us reason the matter together. He's always ready and seriously yearns to chitchat with us.
Sometimes, it seems he's not responding. The truth is that he is responding. The only problem is our minds are too busy to connect to our spirit so that we can pick his signal. Just the same way radio signals are flying all over that room you're in but you won't get anything from it until you raise your antenna. Not until you're able to shut your mind and turn your whole being to him, you may not pick his signal. When you have consistent quality fellowship with God every time, before long, you'll be able to hear his voice even in a market but you have to start from the beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by wisdompraise(m): 7:30am On Feb 23, 2015
AgapeCharis:
The problem is not in God talking back. God doesn't hold back because you have been busy chatting with other people. He's the one that said come let us reason the matter together. He's always ready and seriously yearns to chitchat with us.
Sometimes, it seems he's not responding. The truth is that he is responding. The only problem is our minds are too busy to connect to our spirit so that we can pick his signal. Just the same way radio signals are flying all over that room you're in but you won't get anything from it until you raise your antenna. Not until you're able to shut your mind and turn your whole being to him, you may not pick his signal. When you have consistent quality fellowship with God every time, before long, you'll be able to hear his voice even in a market but you have to start from the beginning.

God bless you. This week you shall be positioned for favor. You shall be at the right place at the right time. You shall finish well. Rejoice evermore.

Nice comment.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 23, 2015
wisdompraise:

God bless you. This week you shall be positioned for favor. You shall be at the right place at the right time. You shall finish well. Rejoice evermore.

Nice comment.
Amen! Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Talk To God But So Easy To Chat? by LucemFerre: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2015
wisdompraise:
Why do we sleep in Church but stay awake in bars until sunrise? Why is it so hard to talk to God but so easy to chat? Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly message but re-send the nasty ones? Jesus said: if you deny me in front of your friends, i'll deny you in front of my father.

How was today's service?

Invite God to the bar.
Tell God to get a BB or Android/I phone if he get bundle money
Start composing messages that are Godly nasty like... "God will throw your black a55 in hell if you don't stop fu<|<ing with him"
Tsk... make Jesus comot hand for my nyash make I m3ss jor... Which kind talk be that one

(1) (Reply)

Four Evils People Do For Their Love Of Money / If You Would Ask God For One Thing Only, What Would Be? / The True Definition Of The Word Of God - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.