Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,669 members, 7,930,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:06 PM

Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) (141112 Views)

Java Study Group(online) / Which Certification Is Top-notch? Microsoft Or Cisco / Cyberoam Study Group, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2015
stadora:

Pls wr do I get lab exercises to practice on?

That's not a problem at all. There are many labs in Todd Lammle's book with step by step explanations on how to do them. I'd advice you stick to the book. You can also find many on Google/YouTube too.

Cheers.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 3:10am On Nov 22, 2015
Cool stuff. I did IPv6 a while back and I still have to do a run through again. Still on EIGRP - been very busy with other stuffs lately. Once I'm done with EIGRP, crossing over to OSPF. You'll find EIGRP a lot more interesting at CCNP level. So much to tweak/tune and break cheesy

NoriegaQ:

Guess I'll just have to keep managing the VPCs then. A .edu email really complicates the whole VIRL option but then I've heard people say you can do most SWITCH labs on PT.

Worked on IPv6 addressing and RIPng lab today, using a Frame Relay switch running on point-to-point links. Achieved full network connectivity as shown in the images. Was able to tracert and ping from PC3 to PC2 and also telnet from R3 to S3. Ll run EIGRPv4 later by using dual stack routing.

Currently doing DMVPN though there are so many new commands I'm just coming across on that. Ll keep you posted though. Cheers.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
How can I name a devices e.g lab a,b c etc and its interface respectively!!!!
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
baba11:

config t
hostname Lab_A
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by NoriegaQ(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
DanIndia:
Cool stuff. I did IPv6 a while back and I still have to do a run through again. Still on EIGRP - been very busy with other stuffs lately. Once I'm done with EIGRP, crossing over to OSPF. You'll find EIGRP a lot more interesting at CCNP level. So much to tweak/tune and break cheesy

Currently on EIGRP and it's really been fun playing around with the concepts/commands. Think it's the best IGRP I've come across so far but then OSPF has the advantage of breaking a topology into areas thus reducing routing traffic overhead.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
NoriegaQ:

config t
hostname Lab_A
I know how to configure it from the CLI command prompt. What I just need is how to make it show on my routers or switches in the simulation like this:
Fa0/0
S0/0/0
LAB_A
LAB_B
LAB_C.

Or

Can't it be changed??
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by DanIndia(m): 5:34am On Nov 25, 2015
You're right. But the thing is summary routes does overcome that area and overhead stuff. Using the ip summary route on different interfaces is another advantage over the OSPF area command. But OSPF will always be the big guy.
NoriegaQ:

Currently on EIGRP and it's really been fun playing around with the concepts/commands. Think it's the best IGRP I've come across so far but then OSPF has the advantage of breaking a topology into areas thus reducing routing traffic overhead.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello, pls i need to understand DMZ
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 12:40am On Nov 26, 2015
baba11:

I know how to configure it from the CLI command prompt. What I just need is how to make it show on my routers or switches in the simulation like this:
Fa0/0
S0/0/0
LAB_A
LAB_B
LAB_C.

Or

Can't it be changed??

Hello sir, please add more details on what you are trying to do.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

Hello sir, please add more details on what you are trying to do.
I want to know if it's possible for me to rename routers and switches interface on my Cisco packet tracer.
I already knew how to configure it on CLI but how do I do this on the physical architecture of the lan network .
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 7:20am On Nov 26, 2015
Can someone please shed more light on the ccna expiration. Cuz I'm still an undergraduate. I learnt its 3years. Does that mean if u should get an higher certification before then like ccnp, the 3years expiration period does not hold anymore
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2015
baba11:

I want to know if it's possible for me to rename routers and switches interface on my Cisco packet tracer.
I already knew how to configure it on CLI but how do I do this on the physical architecture of the lan network .

You can renamed rename routers and switches via the hostname command. However, to change the name of an interface, I don't believe that there is a way to do so that I'm aware of.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
Can someone please shed more light on the ccna expiration. Cuz I'm still an undergraduate. I learnt its 3years. Does that mean if u should get an higher certification before then like ccnp, the 3years expiration period does not hold anymore

The CCNA certificate expires 3 years from the day you obtain it, meaning that if you obtained it today, it would expire 27 November, 2018. However, if you obtain a CCNP or another variant of the CCNA certificate, it will automatically renew your CCNA.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

The CCNA certificate expires 3 years from the day you obtain it, meaning that if you obtained it today, it would expire 27 November, 2018. However, if you obtain a CCNP or another variant of the CCNA certificate, it will automatically renew your CCNA.
renew in what sense. For another 3years?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

You can renamed rename routers and switches via the hostname command. However, to change the name of an interface, I don't believe that there is a way to do so that I'm aware of.
Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
renew in what sense. For another 3years?

Yes correct
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by stadora(f): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
Fulaman198:

wot if 1 is not able to renew ccna after 3 yrs n could not write ccnp, wot happens den?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
stadora:

wot if 1 is not able to renew ccna after 3 yrs n could not write ccnp, wot happens den?

Your CCNA becomes expired and you lose it.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 10:59am On Nov 30, 2015
Anyone here uses cyberoam?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by Safari29: 6:31am On Dec 01, 2015
NoriegaQ:
Hey guys. I passed my CCNA 200-120 exam with a score of 941 after 4 months of intensive self-study and labbing. I read Todd Lammle's book 3 times over and I labbed at least 3 hours on week days and 10 hours on weekends. I'm just happy my efforts came through. The guy at the centre where I wrote told me I should go back and study more if I wasn't sure I was ready enough, as Cisco had changed most of the exam questions. I didn't practice with dumps so I was quite certain. At some point during the exam I actually felt so sure that I was going to fail because the simulations were quite tricky. In the end I came through, I was the 3rd person to pass this week at the centre were I wrote out of 14 exam takers.
Special thanks to the OP @DanIndia because this thread was one of the things that inspired me to success. Talking and learning from you guys really helped. With hardwork and humility, you'd definitely succeed. I feel now I'm certified I can contribute more to this thread as someone who now has a Cisco ID, lol. I've started CCNP studying since last month, even though I wasn't CCNA certified yet, I intend to write that in February or March next year. I was also gonna do MCSE this year but so many people I know in the industry have advised me to take the Linux path first. I'm considering Comptia Linux. Anyways guys, once again I appreciate this thread much more than I can describe. If you love networking like I do, you'd understand if I call this thread my home on Nairaland. Good luck everybody! Cheers!

congrat bro
am doing mine before this year runs out Insha Allah. i have been reading Todd lammle ever since exam deal dropped the download site here, may God bless that guy,and ofc other materials from the net. This thread has really bn inspiring
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ESFRANCIS01(m): 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello... Is anybody @ home?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by eginaP: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
baba11:

@baba11,

If by naming device or interface, you means renaming the label showing on your packet tracer or gns3 screen for that respective device or interface. Then yes it is possible, but u need to clarify if you are using packet tracer or gns3.

But if you mean logging into the device and configuring a new name for the interface like changing it from fast ethernet to gigabit Ethernet, then am not aware of how that is done, or if it is even possible.

But u can always configure a description for your interfaces, if u find it deficult identifying them in your show run.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by eginaP: 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
ptoall1000:
Hello, pls i need to understand DMZ

Basically, DMZ AKA demilitarized Zone means the concept of grouping all your high risk devices or resources in a secured segment of your network, so that they cannot be accessible to unauthorized persons or services. The secured segment of the network where this devices are kept is called DMZ.
The DMZ is usually secured using a firewall and other technologies that limit intrusion.

Imagine that u can do remote desktop connection across the internet to a banks server which hosts there banking application or customer database. That is a major security issue.

In order to prevent situations like the one I described above, the servers will be secured in the DMZ with all maner and levels of security to prevent unauthorized access, at the same time giving access to the people that needs it, like those that access the services through internet banking.

As I said, this is a basic explanation, you need to read further on this. Meanwhile each vendor has there own solutions for DMZ.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by baba11(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
eginaP:

@baba11,

If by naming device or interface, you means renaming the label showing on your packet tracer or gns3 screen for that respective device or interface. Then yes it is possible, but u need to clarify if you are using packet tracer or gns3.

But if you mean logging into the device and configuring a new name for the interface like changing it from fast ethernet to gigabit Ethernet, then am not aware of how that is done, or if it is even possible.

But u can always configure a description for your interfaces, if u find it deficult identifying them in your show run.
I'm using packet tracer?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
eginaP:

Basically, DMZ AKA demilitarized Zone means the concept of grouping all your high risk devices or resources in a secured segment of your network, so that they cannot be accessible to unauthorized persons or services. The secured segment of the network where this devices are kept is called DMZ.
The DMZ is usually secured using a firewall and other technologies that limit intrusion.
Imagine that u can do remote desktop connection across the internet to a banks server which hosts there banking application or customer database. That is a major security issue.
In order to prevent situations like the one I described above, the servers will be secured in the DMZ with all maner and levels of security to prevent unauthorized access, at the same time giving access to the people that needs it, like those that access the services through internet banking.
As I said, this is a basic explanation, you need to read further on this. Meanwhile each vendor has there own solutions for DMZ.

Thank you. But Its seems DMZ is a less secure zone than the main users who are behind firewall. Like most vendors put users Securoty level 100, DMZ 50 and Internet 0 (least secure). The reason why im saying this is that, we wont to implement Excange and we planned to put the mail server in DMZ, but microsoft discourage it, because it is less secured
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by eginaP: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
baba11:

I'm using packet tracer?

See the attached image.

To change the default name shown on the device in Packet tracer screen for example "switch0" or "router 0",
click on the existing name "Switch0" then a cursor will appear for you to change the name.
or
1. click on the device.
2. when the property window opens.
3. Goto the "config tab" and change the "display name" field.

To label the interfaces, or any part of your design on the screen
1. click the "Place note" icon circled in red on the diagram
2. click on any part of your packet tracer work space
3. write the appropriate label for the device or interface
4. when you are done, click outside the text window
5. Drag the label to where you want to place it

Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by rallymento(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
I am glad to meet this group.. I am all set for my CCNA. finished my self study classes with CBT Nuggets. I am good with some configurations now. I am currently studying my dumps alongside my self made notes.... I dont want to waste 70k on this exam and fail......... thats why I wanna use dumps
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by rallymento(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
NoriegaQ:
Hey guys. I passed my CCNA 200-120 exam with a score of 941 after 4 months of intensive self-study and labbing. I read Todd Lammle's book 3 times over and I labbed at least 3 hours on week days and 10 hours on weekends. I'm just happy my efforts came through. The guy at the centre where I wrote told me I should go back and study more if I wasn't sure I was ready enough, as Cisco had changed most of the exam questions. I didn't practice with dumps so I was quite certain. At some point during the exam I actually felt so sure that I was going to fail because the simulations were quite tricky. In the end I came through, I was the 3rd person to pass this week at the centre were I wrote out of 14 exam takers.
Special thanks to the OP @DanIndia because this thread was one of the things that inspired me to success. Talking and learning from you guys really helped. With hardwork and humility, you'd definitely succeed. I feel now I'm certified I can contribute more to this thread as someone who now has a Cisco ID, lol. I've started CCNP studying since last month, even though I wasn't CCNA certified yet, I intend to write that in February or March next year. I was also gonna do MCSE this year but so many people I know in the industry have advised me to take the Linux path first. I'm considering Comptia Linux. Anyways guys, once again I appreciate this thread much more than I can describe. If you love networking like I do, you'd understand if I call this thread my home on Nairaland. Good luck everybody! Cheers!
can you kindly share a copy of that Tedd Lammle book to rallymento@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by eginaP: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2015
ptoall1000:

Thank you. But Its seems DMZ is a less secure zone than the main users who are behind firewall. Like most vendors put users Securoty level 100, DMZ 50 and Internet 0 (least secure). The reason why im saying this is that, we wont to implement Excange and we planned to put the mail server in DMZ, but microsoft discourage it, because it is less secured

You are right and Microsoft is right also.

Meanwhile the explanation I gave to you is based on the design currently running in my office;
security level 100 for DMZ
security level 70 for internal users
Security level 50 for internal guest
security level 0 for internet.

Its all a function of configuration, but the bottom line remains that the server or resources that need special security are grouped together and a particular security policy is applied. you choosing to give high-low security for DMZ/other users or reverse is a function of choice, design and internal security policy.
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by MIB1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
NoriegaQ:

hi bro , am also using todd lammle's book hoping to write soon. can u pls help me with recent dumps?
Re: Cisco STUDY GROUP (online) by ptoall1000: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
eginaP:

You are right and Microsoft is right also.
Meanwhile the explanation I gave to you is based on the design currently running in my office;
security level 100 for DMZ
security level 70 for internal users
Security level 50 for internal guest
security level 0 for internet.
Its all a function of configuration, but the bottom line remains that the server or resources that need special security are grouped together and a particular security policy is applied. you choosing to give high-low security for DMZ/other users or reverse is a function of choice, design and internal security policy.
Which firewall do you use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (57) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Salary Scale / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months / About Sap?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.