Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,480 members, 7,901,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International (1233 Views)

Fear Of Violence: APC Primary May Hold At Barracks. / Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnestyinternational / Electoral Violence: Jonathan, Buhari To Hold Press Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by midolian(m): 6:51am On Feb 25, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State has said it would submit 150 ‘sins’ of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state on electoral violence to the United Nations (UN), Amnesty International, Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and other major international bodies.

The threat came just as the leader of the defunct militant group, Niger Delta Vigilante, Chief Ateke Tom, declared that no political party would be allowed to hold any political rally in Okrika before the general election.

Chairman of the APC, Dr. Davies Ikanya, made the disclosure while receiving the report of a committee set up by the party to investigate the increasing cases of electoral violence against the party in the state.

He expressed sadness that security agencies in the state have failed to take appropriate actions to arrest people who engage in violence in the state.

He assured the committee members that the aim of setting up the committee would be actualised as the report would be sent to the United Nations, Amnesty International, ECOWAS and other major international bodies without delay.

“I commend the Inspector General of Police, Suleiman Abba, for directing that the Okrika attempt on our lives should be investigated. We wish that those behind this devilish attack are promptly arrested; if not, our lives will not be safe anymore,” Ikanya said.

Looking ahead to the elections, the party chairman said: “To the people of Rivers State, the choice of stopping further promotion of violence lies in their hands by ensuring that all the candidates fielded by the PDP in Rivers State are voted against to punish them for making our state a joke before the international community.

“The choice before them is to choose between darkness and light, devil and God, between occult forces and Christianity, between democracy and anti-democracy forces. The choice is ours to make.”

Ikanya appealed to the international community to come to the party’s aid, saying: “We can no longer fold our arms and watch while we are being viciously attacked and slaughtered by people whose mission and vision in politics is to spread violence as their own way of grabbing power, having seen that they have been overwhelmingly rejected by the electorate.

“What makes the situation more pathetic is that security agencies in Rivers State, including the police and the Department of State Security (DSS), have failed to make any arrest or call the PDP leadership to order simply because they are controlled by the PDP-led federal government, which is desperate to take over Rivers State at all cost.”

Earlier, while submitting the report, Chairman of the committee, Prince Peter Odika, said it was able to list 150 sins committed against the APC by the PDP leadership and members in the course of the on-going campaign for the 2015 elections.

“These sins revolve around attacks against APC faithful, billboards, and LG Secretariat by the misguided PDP elements in Rivers State ahead of the March/April 2015 general election,” Odika, who is also the state deputy chairman of APC, said.

Meanwhile, the leader of the defunct Niger Delta Vigilante, Chief Ateke Tom, said his stance not to welcome political campaigns in Okirika henceforth was in line with the unanimous decision of stakeholders, which was taken to preserve peace, law and order in the Wakirike nation.

The decision of the stakeholders has put a hold on plans by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to go back to Okrika to hold another rally after its last attempt was disrupted by explosions and gunfire.

Addressing journalists a few days after the botched Okrika rally, Chairman of the APC in Rivers state, Dr. Davies Ikanya, had said, “We will still go back to Okrika for our governorship campaign rally. Okrika is part of Rivers State and we want to take the message of our party to our people there.”

Ateke, who spoke on Tuesday at the end of a town hall meeting of stakeholders in

Okrika, said: “The people of Okrika have spoken and I am in support of the position that they have taken. My people have spoken: no more political rallies in Okrika. I am in support of their decision. Who am I to say no? You want them to kill me? When the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held their rally there was no problem. But there was violence when the All Progressives Congress (APC) staged their rally in Okrika, there was violence and people were injured and property destroyed. A policeman, we were told, was unfortunately killed.

“So, PDP and APC, there will be no more rallies in Okrika. We don’t want violence in Okrika anymore,” he said, stating that the people of Okrika wished to preserve the existing peace in the area and would not want political parties to foist violence on the people

We don’t want any violence in Okrika. We no longer want any trouble in Okrika. My advice to the youths is to resist the temptation of being lured by politicians to perpetrate violence. Politicians are like that they will use you and dump you. Any youth that allows himself to be used for violence in Okrika is on his own. I am warning our youths to stay out of violence because at the end of the day nobody will be there for them,” he said.

However, addressing journalists after a stakeholders meeting with the Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Zone 6, Tunde Ogunsakin, at the Police Officers Mess, in Port Harcourt, Amange said, “The APC is not planning to hold another rally in Okrika. We have just come out of a meeting with the AIG Zone 6. The APC will not hold another rally in Okrika until we are sure that the atmosphere is conducive for the party to stage another rally.

“The APC will not hold any rally in Okrika until all the parties to the peace accord facilitated by the AIG zone 6, on Wednesday, February 4, agree that the atmosphere is safe for the APC to hold another rally.”

He stated that the APC would abide by the tenets of the accord brokered by the AIG and urged the people to be prepared to cast their voted during the elections.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/electoral-violence-apc-to-submit-150-sins-of-pdp-to-un-amnesty-international/202691/
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by freshness2020: 6:53am On Feb 25, 2015
Story...
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by drtwist(m): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2015
Brb
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by innofyno(m): 6:57am On Feb 25, 2015
Apc... Desperate party undecided

1 Like

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by clevvermind(m): 6:59am On Feb 25, 2015
party that should be sued is suing another party. gringrin
apc nor get sense at all. let them go and sue, we are waiting. mumu party.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by GogetterMD(m): 7:01am On Feb 25, 2015
No more rallies in okrika after PDP don hold their own rally abi? Issokay. Continu.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by Vicotex(m): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2015
The fear of Mbu is the beginning of wisdom.
Apc beware.

Btw, is it the bombardment of bh camp the electoral violence?
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by SweetyZinta(f): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2015
FFK and Fayose's name will dominate dat List leaving other loyalist like abati okukpe, kashamu and Koro out. Isorite
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by jerryjere(m): 7:03am On Feb 25, 2015
U are in a free world go to any part of d world to lay ur complain. Bunch of useless APC looking for power by all means.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by midolian(m): 7:04am On Feb 25, 2015
Black men and their mentality..

I know many won't read this cos its lengthy. They ll just rush to comment not even knowing if the title has said little or nothing about the content. All they know is jst to criticize APC cos it is taking over and it gives them sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by Oklander: 7:11am On Feb 25, 2015
No rally in somewhere in the South by the opposition after the ruling party held theirs peacefully, if their was such declaration somewhere in the North, you would see the level of peoples hypocrisy here on Nairaland. smh...

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by midolian(m): 7:17am On Feb 25, 2015
Oklander:
No rally in somewhere in the South by the opposition after the ruling party held theirs peacefully, if their was such declaration somewhere in the North, you would see the level of peoples hypocrisy here on Nairaland. smh...
no mind them.. I am not surprised. GEJ has made them believe the pple of the north hates them and that's why they want to take power from him by all means. And cos of their gullibility, they took that fom the drunkard.

I am sure that's why they don't see anything wrong with GEJ's administration despite the fact that everything is wrong with it. They have clearly chosen to believe all that's not true.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by lovat(m): 7:21am On Feb 25, 2015
APC love crying, Nigerians don't care again about their lies so they are going for *International crying*
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 7:31am On Feb 25, 2015
GogetterMD:
No more rallies in oruka after PDP don hold their own rally abi? Issokay. Continu.
its for your own good,cos i can't assure you of your safety,even the police can't.
BTW,can you go to Sambisa forest for campaign?.The creeks of Niger Delta is getting hotter again,be warned.stay clear.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 8:20am On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
Oklander:
[/s] Are you aware that PDP is an opposition party in Rivers state?.
Is it Gej/PDP that stopped APC from campaigning anywhere in Rivers State?.
Are you also aware that Amaechi by default is,or the d'facto Chief security officer of Rivers state,by reason of him being the number one citizen of the state?.
Despite the 'scruity' situation in the north,Gej campaigned virtually in all the states of north.why can't Amaechi campaign in parts of Rivers state?. You should swallow your t.eeth and t.ongue for being s.illy.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s] Are you aware that PDP is an opposition party in Rivers state?.
Are you also aware that Amaechi by default is,or the d'facto Chief security officer of Rivers state,by reason of him being the number one citizen of the state?.
Despite the 'scruity' situation in the north,Gej campaigned virtually in all the states of north.why can't Amaechi campaign in parts of Rivers state?. You should swallow your t.eeth and t.ongue for being s.illy.
What do you know about Nigeria? The President may decide to move all the military formations for his protection if he so wishes. No Governor can do this. Items 38 and 45 of the exclusive legislative list place security and control of the military and police in the hands of the FG. Don't deceive yourself that any Governor is the de regue security officer of his state.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 8:54am On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
OrlandoOwoh:

What do you know about Nigeria? The President may decide to move all the military formations for his protection if he so wishes. No Governor can do this. Items 38 and 45 of the exclusive legislative list place security and control of the military and police in the hands of the FG. Don't deceive yourself that any Governor is the de regue security officer of his state.
[/s] And your point is that,if Amaechi got wind of any security challenge in Rivers state,he should go and sleep because he isn't in control of security formations?.what effort has he made to neutralize the security issues?.If according to you,he has got zero input in the management of security in his state,what's the over 5billion security budget for?.
My point is,no government will withhold security apparatus from any state government,if it is for genuine cause,and the government of Gej hasn't done that either.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:18am On Feb 25, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s] And your point is that,if Amaechi got wind of any security challenge in Rivers state,he should go and sleep because he isn't in control of security formations?.what effort has he made to neutralize the security issues?.If according to you,he has got zero input in the management of security in his state,what's the over 5billion security budget for?.
My point is,no government will withhold security apparatus from any state government,if it is for genuine cause,and the government of Gej hasn't done that either.
How come the Police that gave APC the go-ahead on their campaign in Okrika were overpowered? They played a script, and it back-fired as they lost one of their men.
On security vote, I believe you don't know is just to complement the security outfits like the police, NSCDC, etc. It does not say that they are controlled by the states. Go read items 38 and 45 of the exclusive legislative list of the 1999 Constitution. They make security outfits the exclusive preserves of the FG.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by vedaxcool(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2015
APC teaching PDP responsible politics since 2014
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2015
Party of misfits. Have they sued boko haram to the un for all the atrocities they're commmitting? Misplaced priorities with failed ending. Heartless, soulless sadists. sue your party members for all there misdeeds
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by vedaxcool(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2015
liberty300:
[s]Party of misfits. Have they sued boko haram to the un for all the atrocities they're commmitting? Misplaced priorities with failed ending. Heartless, soulless sadists. sue your party members for all there misdeeds [/s]

And Bokohagram would come to court and defend itself from any allegation made aginst them! Bros this too dumb to come from a grown up!

PDP dumbing down its supporter since 1999

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by staymore: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2015
During the PDP campaign at Abua/Odual in Rivers State, some PDP loyalists were shot. I will also like proper investigation into what happened there.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by midolian(m): 9:49am On Feb 25, 2015
liberty300:
Party of misfits. Have they sued boko haram to the un for all the atrocities they're commmitting? Misplaced priorities with failed ending. Heartless, soulless sadists. sue your party members for all there misdeeds
what party could be more of a misfit than the PDP?
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

How come the Police that gave APC the go-ahead on their campaign in Okrika were overpowered? They played a script, and it back-fired as they lost one of their men.
On security vote, I believe you don't know is just to complement the security outfits like the police, NSCDC, etc. It does not say that they are controlled by the states. Go read items 38 and 45 of the exclusive legislative list of the 1999 Constitution. They make security outfits the exclusive preserves of the FG.
@bolded; Now you av' vindicated me as regards my early comment.i said earlier that,it was neither Gej nor PDP,that stopped APC from campaigning in Okrika,unlike what the guy i quoted said,that Gej campaigned in north,while APC was denied of such oppurtunity in some parts of the south.

You also contradicted yourself by earlier making it look as if Govs has no input in security formations within their jurisdiction,but now,you said they(Govs) "complement" them.
Now the question is,to what extent do they "complement" them?. Av'nt you seen state Govs exploiting Commissioners of police within their jurisdictions,to their own gain?.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by Oklander: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
NDPVF:
Are you aware that PDP is an opposition party in Rivers state?.
[/s]

You are so ignorant to realise that mama piss been from Rivers with the abuse of power has been dragging the position of the chief security officer of the state with the governor, in which in one of her power drunk state ordered the state shut just because she is visiting? Feigning sincere ignorance of these facts is absolutely idiotic of anyone, so pick aside with your brainlessness, #f.u.ck.tard.

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by midolian(m): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2015
Oklander:

You are so ignorant to realise that mama piss been from Rivers with the abuse of power has been dragging the position of the chief security officer of the state with the governor, in which in one of her power drunk state ordered the state shut just because she is visiting? Feigning sincere ignorance of these facts is absolutely idiotic of anyone, so pick aside with your brainlessness, #Zap.tard.
God bless ya
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2015
NDPVF:
@bolded; Now you av' vindicated me as regards my early comment.i said earlier that,it was neither Gej nor PDP,that stopped APC from campaigning in Okrika,unlike what the guy i quoted said,that Gej campaigned in north,while APC was denied of such oppurtunity in some parts of the south.

You also contradicted yourself by earlier making it look as if Govs has no input in security formations within their jurisdiction,but now,you said they(Govs) "complement" them.
Now the question is,to what extent do they "complement" them?. Av'nt you seen state Govs exploiting Commissioners of police within their jurisdictions,to their own gain?.
Rubbish! Don't bother quoting me.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 11:23am On Feb 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Rubbish! Don't bother quoting me.
Av' i knocked off your brain? gringringrin kpele!
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2015
[s]
Oklander:

You are so ignorant to realise that mama piss been from Rivers with the abuse of power has been dragging the position of the chief security officer of the state with the governor, in which in one of her power drunk state ordered the state shut just because she is visiting? Feigning sincere ignorance of these facts is absolutely idiotic of anyone, so pick aside with your brainlessness, #f.u.ck.tard.
[/s] When ediots like you make comments,people will surely know.
If Mama Peace is dragging any position with Amaechi,why is Amaechi not in court with her,to that effect?.
I want you to prove with verifiable evidence, that Mama Peace is dragging any position whatsoever with Amaechi.
Again,do not quote Amaechi,because in a situation like this,you don't get truth from one side.therefore,if you quote anything Amaechi said here,i will ignore you.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by Oklander: 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
NDPVF:
[s]
When ediots like you make comments,people will surely know.
If Mama Peace is dragging any position with Amaechi,why is Amaechi not in court with her,to that effect?.
I want you to prove with verifiable evidence, that Mama Peace is dragging any position whatsoever with Amaechi.
Again,do not quote Amaechi,because in a situation like this,you don't get truth from one side.therefore,if you quote anything Amaechi said here,i will ignore you.[/s]
Mo.r.on like you ignores why a whole town be shut down by security forced just because the wife of a president is coming to town! This is a political power tussle, the last thing the wife of a president should be involved.
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by NDPVF(m): 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
Oklander:
[s] I and my family are mo.r.on
Re: Electoral Violence: APC To Submit 150 ‘sins’ Of PDP To UN, Amnesty International by Orunto: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nigerians quenched the Fire in Hell and install AC thereby forcing Satan to take their Case to God.

(1) (Reply)

20 Years In Jail For Ivory Coast's Former First Lady, Simone Gbagbo / Christians That Would Vote For Jonathan Based On His Religion Are slowpoke / SSS Spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, Received Bribe Before 2014 Osun Election. PT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.