Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,466 members, 7,894,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:33 PM

Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac (1064 Views)

MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos / Meet The First Baby Born In 2015 In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by IceDune: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2015
I like going to this site on Wednesdays. You'll always find something weird on their BizarreWednesday news:

The baby named Silas Phillips was born three months premature through Caesarean section. The doctors that performed the surgery were shocked to see he was still in amniotic sac. Pictures show the baby curled up inside the the sac with the placenta and umbilical cord, his tiny hands and a leg clearly visible from the semi transparent sac. See picture & video after the cut (it might be disgusting to some viewers)..

The amniotic sac is a bag with clear liquid , thin but though transparent membrane which holds a developing embryo until shortly before birth then it ruptures leading to what we call "a woman's water breaking".
"Even though it sounds cliched, we caught our breath. It really felt like a moment of awe... and one that will stick in my moment for some time." said Dr William Binder the surgeon.

Watch delivery video: http://www.breakingnews234.com/2015/02/bizarrewednesday-medical-miracle-baby.html?m=1

Re: Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by AndreRose(f): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2015
Bizarre indeed. Hope the baby is still alive.
Re: Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by GboyegaD(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2015
This foetus looks fully formed.
Re: Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by Dyt(f): 9:39am On Feb 25, 2015
Erm what do Yoruba's call them sef?

Ige?
Aina?
Ojo?

I dunno Jor

Macof
Re: Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by k4kenny(f): 11:06am On Feb 25, 2015
Whats it called in yoruba again? Aina for girls Ojo or Ige for boys abi? i get those names mixedup jare
GboyegaD:
This foetus looks fully formed.

Babies are fully formed by the 10th week, all the features are intact but not well developed. By the 28th week, there's a fair chance of survival as long as the necessary medical equipment and personnel are available.(no try that for naija o!)

Hope the baby makes it to full term.
Re: Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by macof(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Dyt:
Erm what do Yoruba's call them sef?

Ige?
Aina?
Ojo?

I dunno Jor

Macof

Ojo and Aina
Ige is the one delivered feet first

1 Like

Re: Bizarrewednesday: Medical Miracle, Baby Born Still Inside Amniotic Sac by Dyt(f): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
macof:

Ojo and Aina
Ige is the one delivered feet first

The one with cord arnd the neck nko?

(1) (Reply)

Touching Pic: Mother's Love For Her Child. / Sex And Betrayal / Covenant Day Of Fruitfulness -- It Is Your Turn To Have Your Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.