Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,834 members, 7,872,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos (38686 Views)

Police Arrests UNIBEN Graduate, 3 Others For Shooting Police, Robbing / Robbers Smash Baby On The Road While Robbing Mom (photo) / Man Arrested While Robbing In Traffic At CMS, Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by HyDef(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
vjsmiles:
angry

cheesy Sowee.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by berexio1: 2:46pm On Feb 25, 2015
Abduletudaye:
This morning my relative just got robbed in her shop sad but not at gun point.. The thieves came to buy goods worth of 100K.

When she was giving them the goods, they seemed to be in a rush, one wouldn't suspect...so they calculated the worth of the goods to be about 100K.. The thieves paid and left, but before they left my mum showed the money to her neighbor and her neighbor confirmed that the money was ok..

The very moment they left, the money seemed to start transforming... Then all the money became fake before her relatives very eye..sad so she raised an alarm! Because the money she saw before was original..

Only 2K out of the 100K is original.. See duping..this is not going..

*modified* the 98K fake money has reduced to 86K undecided
See proof:

Its not jazz...Its a trick dat has been around for a long while now..They did something like this to my mum like 2yrs ago...And we all sat down after the incident to analyse how it happened....
Lemme take a while to explain how ours happened.
The robbers were 3..One was with a bike waiting for the 2 who were in my mum's shop..They appeared to be in a hurry with their purchase.After bringing down goods and selecting, they kept rejecting and selecting just to make it so busy and involving..My aunty had to come to my mom's shop to assist her cos they seem to be buying everything..So after all the stress, they brought out original money..momsi counted and later gave it to my aunt to confirm, she did..Then they brought up and argument abt some of the goods and say they were not buying those, momsi had to remove and recalculate for them..They kept collecting the money and giving momsi anoda to count..they did this for like 4 to 5 times..momsi got tired and was interested in sealing d deal..My aunt went over her shop tinking everytin was concluded..Until dey provided momsi with the fake money and she didn't bother to count d last time..tinking its d same money she's been counting since..they hurried her and she just parked their stuff for them and dey came out and immediated boarded der bike and off..Only for momsi to get back to her shop, sat down after d stress and discovered d cash was stashed with fakes inbtw.....

So the analysis was dat they had original notes all tru and a bundle of fakes waiting for an opportunity to happen...Wen dey present d original dey try not seal d deal..making some changes and presenting u with anoda set of cash...until dey achieve their aim..One should be at alert and sometimes require assistant from anoda person to verify their cash..They were able to get away with that cos my aunt who was initially with my mom left...

4 Likes

Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
McPerry:
Nawa oooooo,those robbers took their time to gather al d #1000 fake notes in Nig,jst to carry out dis operation.if she is familiar wit fake notes she wuld av noticed on time,probably while counting. Bt dem no try shah.pele shocked

There are some fake notes dt are so real dt u can only detect it wit uv light. On touching the note and sighting it, u wont suspect it till u pass it via uv light. The notes get worse as d days pass by.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by tivta(m): 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
This thread as a misleading title. In as much as I sympathize with the victim, this is not ROBBERY, this is FRAUD. I was thinking when I open the thread I would see how Robbers robb innocent people in their homes or houses. Stories such as this is rampant, that's why you can hardly hear of an experienced business man being duped, he will count each and every money till the very end and you MUST be there no matter how much in a hurry you are.

Three things are involved here
1. Lack of experience
2. Impatience
3. Greed.
All business owners should take note, don't ever be in a hurry to sell anything to a stranger. It is well.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
berexio1:
Its not jazz...Its a trick dat has been around for a long while now..They did something like this to my mum like 2yrs ago...And we all sat down after the incident to analyse how it happened....
The robbers were 3..One was with a bike waiting for the 2 who were in my mum's shop..They appeared to be in a hurry with their purchase.After bringing down goods and selecting, they kept rejecting and selecting just to make it so busy and involving..My aunty had to come to my mom's shop to assist her cos they seem to be buying everything..So after all the stress, they brought out original money..momsi counted and later gave it to my aunt to confirm, she did..Then they brought up and argument abt some of the goods and say they were not buying those, momsi had to remove and recalculate for them..They kept collecting the money and giving momsi anoda to count..they did this for like 4 to 5 times..momsi got tired and was interested in sealing d deal..My aunt went over her shop tinking everytin was concluded..Until dey provided momsi with the fake money and she didn't bother to count d last time..tinking its d same money she's been counting since..they hurried her and she just parked their stuff for them and dey came out and immediated boarded der bike and off..Only for momsi to get back to her shop, sat down after d stress and discovered d cash was stashed with fakes inbtw.....

So the analysis was dat they had original notes all tru and a bundle of fakes waiting for an opportunity to happen...Wen dey present d original dey try not seal d deal..making some changes and presenting u with anoda set of cash...until dey achieve their aim..One should be at alert and sometimes require assistant from anoda person to verify their cash..They were able to get away with that cos my aunt who was initially with my mom left...

There is God.. sad
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
tivta:
This thread as a misleading title. In as much as I sympathize with the victim, this is not ROBBERY, this is FRAUD. I was thinking when I open the thread I would see how Robbers robb innocent people in their homes or houses. Stories such as this is rampant, that's why you can hardly hear of an experienced business man being duped, he will count each and every money till the very end and you MUST be there no matter how much in a hurry you are.

Three things are involved here
1. Lack of experience
2. Impatience
3. Greed.
All business owners should take note, don't ever be in a hurry to sell anything to a stranger. It is well.

What's with the greed?? I have something to sell and someone wants to buy..how is it greed??
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by tivta(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
Abduletudaye:

What's with the greed?? I have something to sell and someone wants to buy..how is it greed??
. By not counting the money to see if he under paid or over paid. That's the GREED. Never sign a contract without reading the terms, NEVER collect money without counting it. Its just common sense my brother.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by DONFASZY(m): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
Na wa o...u for tell dem to go pay to bank n bring teller n after u receive alertu release goods....

Maybe u r also greedy n u inflate d price n dey agreed to pay witout double check in a hurray....

Sowi
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by 9jatatafo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
andyanders:

The ONLY reasonable response to the subject. She was not Jazzed, rather , they took advantage of her innocence and her excitement having to sell goods worth 100k.They must have used the 2 original 1000 note to cover the front and the back hence she could not dictate it on time.

Op should advise the woman to have a Mercury Light installed for her in order for her to check every note given to her before releasing her goods. Too bad for people without conscience.

Guy ur head dey there. You get brain and you dey reason well. How could real money turn fake? Impossible.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Jasi7(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Hmm

Whats d full meaning of this ur name?..it is Amaka Draw No Bet grin
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by eme1n(m): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
Its always been in existence, it happened to my cousin last year. Her 1000 naira notes turned into 5 naira notes!

1 Like

Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by AmakaDNB(f): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jasi7:

Whats d full meaning of this ur name?..it is Amaka Draw No Bet grin
Not again!
CC: Danwrites come and explain wetin DNB mean.
What is draw no bet please
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
kekakuz:
chai
omo IBO fe ba eko je
why na.
what is this one saying?...you must be the biggest fool I have ever met on social network
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Glory86: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
DID YOU MISS ANY OF OUR SEMINARS?

O yes, on Thursday and Friday, the 5th and 6th of February respectively, I personally revealed 'The Truth' and the Basic Facts about Internet Business to some corps members and others. At the seminar, they were also shown the legitimate ways they can make money online, and some of such ways were taught EXTENSIVELY. Below are some of the things they were taught in depth:

1.) Online Importation of Brand New Products from
USA and China, at a damn cheap price. Note that
this is not Jumia, Konga, Alibaba, Aliexpress,
Dhgate, Ebay, etc, that you might have known. It's
something completely different. We are going to be
dealing directly with the manufacturers. Some of
the products you can be importing are Brand New
Laptop, Tablet PC, Phones (smart, android, lumia,
blackberry), power banks (both electrically powered
and solar powered), cloths (both for men and
women), shoes, brazilian hair, CCTV, Car tracking
devices (that you can use to set up your own car
tracking company), hollandis, etc, the list is
endless. All these you can buy at a damn cheap
price, starting with a capital of 20k or less. For
instance, you can buy a brand new samsung galaxy
S4 for as low as $80, you an buy a brand new
male suit worth over 20k here in Nigeria for as
low as $25 over there. They were shown
some of the products we have imported live there
at the seminar

2.) How you can customize those goods, with your
own company name, or for other companies and
make cool cash. For instance, you can get a deal
from MTN to supply them with customized phones,
tablet PC, etc. The participants were swept off their feet when this secret was revealed to them.

3.) How you can sell your imported goods fast

4.) How you can advertise and sell your products
online for free

5.) How you can set up premium short codes like
33455, 4100, 7877, etc, and make subscribers send
money to your bank account monthly.

6.) How you can set up caller tune

7.) All these are many more..........

did you miss any of these, don't worry, everything has been packaged for you in the seminar materials, and they are self explanatory. To get the materials, just contact us here: 08074005210, 07038858914

BONUSES:
The seminar package also comes with additional Bonuses. Some of which are:
1.) Over 60 workable business ideas you can do here in
Nigeria
2.) Over 50,000 active GSM Numbers here in
Nigeria, but you can also get the Nationwide GSM
Database from me personally on special request,
that you can use to make cool cash from
politicians in this election
3.) Over 30,000 active email list that you can use
for your digital marketing.
4.) All these and many more.....

For more, call: 07038858914 or 08074005210. Or visit: http:// /yZgtyc. Thanks. you can as well check my facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/ibharedeyiglory.omoye/posts/822166621162580
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Jasi7(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Not again!
CC: Danwrites come and explain wetin DNB mean.
What is draw no bet please

Its an option in football gambling!!! grin grin
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by AmakaDNB(f): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jasi7:

Its an option in football gambling!!! grin grin
Jisos! Gambling ke. Not me biko. Are you a gambler?
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Jasi7(m): 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Jisos! Gambling ke. Not me biko. Are you a gambler?

Used to b adept gambler..bt am changed nw though wink
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by AmakaDNB(f): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jasi7:

Used to b adept gambler..bt am changed nw though wink
Okay. Nice. I don't like gambling, but I like gambling money.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by sonnie10: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
berexio1:

Period.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Jasi7(m): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Okay. Nice. I don't like gambling, but I like gambling money.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...whats d difference?...u gamble on football to win money and u gamble money to win money...its d samee luv...ure funny all d same

1 Like

Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Twice22(m): 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
It's not jazz..it is the type of chemical used,dier is a particular time the chemical uses before d money changes.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by AmakaDNB(f): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jasi7:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...whats d difference?...u gamble on football to win money and u gamble money to win money...its d same luv...ure funny all d same
grin grin
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Deejaygold(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
ℓ̊ can smell "juju" Ibo boys at work
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by ykken(f): 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
kekakuz:
chai
omo BO fe ba eko je
why na.
what's that?
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by swagdopey: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
yea it happens. If u mix dia money wif ur own al ur cash can dissapear, av seen dat b4
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
tivta:
. By not counting the money to see if he under paid or over paid. That's the GREED. Never sign a contract without reading the terms, NEVER collect money without counting it. Its just common sense my brother.

Its not greed as you put it...only a bad marketer won't count the money he/she receives...the money was counted severally....but i guess, it was during the counting and trying to complete the money, the the fakes were brought in..so its not greed.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by manie(m): 6:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
Burger01:
I don personally experience disappearance of about 180k during dollar exchange at black market. One must shine eyes wela angry sad

We call it anabo in South West, it is real.
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Abduletudaye(m): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
swagdopey:
yea it happens. If u mix dia money wif ur own al ur cash can dissapear, av seen dat b4

It happened to the woman selling beside my relative last year.. 750naira disappeared with 13K
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by swagdopey: 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
Abduletudaye:

It happened to the woman selling beside my relative last year.. 750naira disappeared with 13K

Shit happens.

1 Like

Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by kpolli(m): 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
kekakuz:
chai
omo IBO fe ba eko je
why na.

Why must you bring tribe into this??

1 Like

Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by psycologist: 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
this is wat they call teller money
Re: This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 26, 2015
men!this cash looks real! I need to smell it for confirmation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Priestba Anthony-Nwokocha, RSBC News Director (Photo) / Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.