Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (319396 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kizzykeziah: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
D9ty7:
hey guys. There won't be update(s) today at all. I am on a 24hrs self imposed break from updating.
sad sad sad ...... angry angry angry

Come update anytime, would definitely still be here smiley
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
D9ty7:
hey guys. There won't be update(s) today at all. I am on a 24hrs self imposed break from updating.

am crying dee why
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
harjibolar10:

That's for the audience jaree
I'm not sure of whats happening to Chris ni
owkay
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
prettydiva89:

am crying dee why
pele
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
sammyomotola:
pele
thanks jare
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by winningbt: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
D9ty7 bet why a whole day hmmmm,diaris God sha
I will be patiently waiting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ElectGINeer(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
D9ty you are.......... Well I will call you a great e-Authour.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2015
Hey guys! The 24hrs break is over, and the updates for today is cooking like some people would say.
Join me later in the day(any moment from 12noon downward) for the updates.
Thanks for your patience.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2015
ElectGINeer:
D9ty you are.......... Well I will call you a great e-Authour.
Thanks boss
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:19am On Apr 10, 2015
Winningbt, prettydiva89, sammyomotola, hadease, harjibolar10, kizzykeziah, barackodam, LogoDWhiz, onemansquad, omolabaketemi, Adeh39 and others... Thanks for your patience.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by harjibolar10(m): 9:43am On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
Winningbt, prettydiva89, sammyomotola, hadease, harjibolar10, kizzykeziah, barackodam, LogoDWhiz, onemansquad, omolabaketemi, Adeh39 and others... Thanks for your patience.
What of emrys... Abi e no dey patient ni.

Welcome Oga, me know say you dey cook something more better for us ni jaree
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:

I'm still waiting patiently. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2015
Hey oga dee aw far?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
still waiting... thanks in advance
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
on alart, its past noon
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by rantex1: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
oga deeee the time is past two now o still waiting patiently licking lollipop
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
rantex1:
don't worry let him prepare cos he's dropping 5 updates
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
still waitin......
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Orlolahdey(f): 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
still waiting oooooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
like seriously dee its 5:21pm ..... we got to wait noni
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by barackodam: 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
he's prolly hooked up with something I believe.

we all know its unlike him

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
wow...am sure Christina will win her battle no matter odds
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by winningbt: 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
D9ty7:
D9ty7 this is 07:28 we are still waiting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
rantex1:
@ dis age
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hahaha, you funny
prettydiva89:

lol.
.long posts make my finger hurt in fact this one self na 5mins i use type am
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
By this time oga dee, pity your niggaz na.
D9ty7:
Hey guys! The 24hrs break is over, and the updates for today is cooking like some people would say.
Join me later in the day(any moment from 12noon downward) for the updates.
Thanks for your patience.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2015
You need to see how bad the MTN network was throughout yesterday, despite the fact that I live inside an MTN mast, abi the mast live inside my house, one of the two sha. I climbed tge mast, nothing changed. But its all better now, so, I will just drop four updates.
Scroll down
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:52am On Apr 11, 2015
--continuation--
The black Honda CRV sped on as if a race was on and Dragon who was behind the wheels enjoyed runing into potholes and out of them. He also enjoyed at a point, swerving off the road and returning to his lane after a few minutes or when he saw a roadside retailer, so he doesn't hit anybody.
Clara was seated at the backseat with a horror struck Christopher who had his mouth covered with a tape and his hand tied. His legs were clamped together which made it impossible for him to move, talk or fight, while his abductor, his mother's bestfriend turned sister, who practically was his mother. A trusted family member, someone he had grown up to know, it wasn't until recently that he got to know that his mother was not related to Clara, and yet, that didn't change the fact that he loved her with his all, and he was always disturbing his mother asking of when Clara would visit them again, since she no longer lived with them.
"Dragon, did you notice a car has been tailing us right from the time we picked this boy?" Clara asked as she sharpened her nails like nothing was amis.
The scary-face Dragon looked into the mirror and smiled. His smile looked like a frown, but the etching lines on both sides of his mouth was an evidence that his frown was actually and intended smile.
"Lets do some games." Dragon said as he stepped on the gas and the car seemed to fly a hundred kilometres at once. He stepped on the break and reduced his speed.
"You guys okay?" Dragon asked.
"Yes we are." Clara replied glancing backwards to have a look at the supposed car which was on their tail, but nothing was seen.
"They probably weren't expecting such run from us." Dragon said with a victorious smile. "They are here again." He said and right to his words, the car was speeding to catch up with them.
"Let's do this one more time." The car burst forward, as it seems it had developed wings and the next time dragon stepped on the break was three minutes later, but to his suprise, the car was still in view, despite the number of bends he took.
"I now understand this game. Make some calls." Dragon said to Clara who calmly removed her phone and dialled a number. Seconds later, she spoke.
"Hey Mayor. Calm down. I have left your life for good, but something just came up. A car is on our tail." She said.
"A car? Is Dragon there with you?" Mayor asked.
"Yes." Clara replied.
"Give the phone to him."
Clara handed the phone to Dragon who despite driving spoke to Mayor for the next one minute.
"It is settled." Dragon said.
The name Mayor rang a bell in Christopher's head, but his problem presently is bigger than whoever Mayor is. Afterall, every Mayowa is likely to be nicknamed Mayor and his mother's brother is one of those Mayowas.
After ten minutes drive, Dragon pulled the car roughly out of the tarred road and joined the untarred road that probably led into a village.
"What's happening?" Clara asked.
"Watch me." Dragon replied without glancing back.
The car sped on the untarred road without any problem, this time, Chris was up and conscious of his environment, but he was immobile.
"The plan now is to drive you further into whatever village lay ahead. You are to go in there and mix with the villagers." Dragon explained as he looked into the rear mirror. Their pursuers are nowhere to be found, all thanks to the bad road and the kind of car they drove.
"Nothing is a good as jeep." He throught as he ran into a pothole.
"Jesus!." Clara said clutching Christopher to herself for balance and to make sure the boy didn't fall or hit his head on anything.
"I think you should fasten your seatbelts." Dragon muttered looking at the rear mirror.
"What is Mayor playing at?" Clara asked.
"I don't know." Dragos replied.
Just then the car sped past a palmwine tapper who was pushing his bicycle by the side of the road. He hailed Dragon who hailed him back.
"You know him?" Clara asked.
"No." He replied.
"Then, why did you greet him?" She asked.
"He greeted me first and I replied. Maybe he thought I am one of the golden sons of this village who lived in Lagos and decided to visit the village with my wife an son." Dragon explained with a smirk.
"That's a settlement up front." Clara called his attention to a square-shaped hut metres away.
"Seen." He snapped as he intensified his speed. "Its a market square." He said. "Just what we wanted."
In one swift movement, he drove into the vast land surface filled with sheds and stalls before switching of the ignition.
"Now mix with them."
Clara together with Chris who is now free as every bound on him have been removed walked into the crowd, just at the time that their pursuers came into view from afar. Dragon kickstart the car engine and went deeper into the village.

--tbc--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2015
--continuation--
Mark sat just beside Tina's bed inside the medical wing of the building when Collins strolled in confidently in his usual white shirt rolled up to his elbow and black trouser.
"Hey Mark." He said shaking hands with Mark.
"Collins." Mark replied standing up to allow his boss sit down on the chair while he moved to sit on the bed.
"Hows she?" Collins asked taking Tina's hand in his.
Mark could feel his inside churn, it was obvious to him that he was jealous, but his alter ego convinced him that the feeling was not jealousy, but anger at Collins who was breaking rules by holding the hand of a fellow colleague during the office hours.
"Is the hospital wing part of the office?" Another voice asked, this time the question was directed at his alter ego.
"Of course it is." His alter ego replied with an accent that sounded American.
"And when he kissed Tina inside her office, you call that what?" The voice asked again.
He screamed at the two voices who kept quiets and he could imagine tham glaring at each other in his insides. No wonder, his insides gave funny sounds most times and he used to think it was hunger, maybe the two voices were fighting at those times.
Mark continued to stare at Collins who still held unto a sleeping Tina like his life depended on it.
"What did they give to her?" Collins asked. "I mean, medication."
Mark wanted to slap him hard accross the face and say; "Can't you ask her or do you know anything about drugs?" But the thought of what would happen afterwards made him change his mind.
"The doctor in charge already sedated her when her struggles became too much. They said she is suffering from something, but I can't remember what he called it." Mark explained.
"What's the doctor's name?" Collins asked.
"I don't know." Mark replied.
Just then the curtain into the ward opened and the female doctor whom Mark had developed likeness for walked in dressed in a blue t-shirt over a black pencil skirt.
"Hey Angela." Collins said standing up with open arms which the lady walked into after a second of hesitation.
"Hi Mark." She greeted Mark who barely opened his mouth before he replied.
"Are you just resuming for work today?" Collins asked, his eyes all over the lady.
"Yeah. I reached an agreement with one doctor who did the night duty and he promised to cover for me this morning. So I will take over now and cover his night duty for today. Am off tomorrow." She explained.
"That's good."
"Let me change to my wears." She said to Collins who made sure he patted her back before she left.
"So, will you be here with her all day?" Collins asked Mark.
"Excuse me please." Mark said as he walked out of the ward. He returned a minute later talking as he ran.
"Something just came up. They seemed to have located Christopher's abductors, I am going after them right now." Mark said as he returned to the room.
"I am coming with you." Collins said standing up swiftly and darted for the door.
Once the two men had left, Tina opened her eyes and shook her head amusingly. It was evident that Collins wanted to be on the same paper page with Mark where they both have access to Tina, while Mark was either forcing himself not to fall for Tina or he had fallen in love with one too many ladies. One couldn't but notice the angry glare he had given Collins when he hugged Angela and how he had replied Angela's greeting.
"He must be a confused fellow." Tina concluded.
--------
A yellow Honda Element was driven to a halt inside the very large compound belonging to Daniel and Adeola Martin. A middle aged man got down from the driver seat and made for the backseat, opened the door and slowly, Adeola got down after which another young lady much younger than Adeola got down.
"Welcome home madam." The gateman ran up to them and said.
"Thank you o." Adeola smiled.
"I wanted to come and greet you in the hospital, but Oga won't give me the address." The gateman said. "Don't you leave your duty post and go about visitng people in the hospital or I have you fired." He added mimicking Daniel's voice.
The two ladies bursted into laughter at his jokes which the driver considered dry.
"I don't know why he wants to fire me. Fire ke?" The man added hopping to draw laughs from the ladies, but he only earned himself a correction from the other lady, whom he knew to be Daniel's sister.
"Fire means sack. When they asked you to leave your job." She said.
This time, the driver bursted into laughter. "This is the joke of the century." He said as he carried the bags and took them in while the two ladies followed.
"Home, sweet home." Adeola sang as she walked into the room she shared with Daniel and what her eyes caught was not only disturbing, but heartbreaking.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2015
--continuation--
Danny Lovato walked out the big mansion which was built inside a very large compound enclose in high walls. Five men were standing beside a van and the men had triumphant looks on their faces, even though beneathe the look of triumph was etched the fear. The fear of the unknown was the best way to describe how the men felt that moment. They were happy because they were successful in the assignment, and afraid because they allowed two of the boys slip.
"welcome boss." The men said with a bow.
"Where are the goods?" He asked in a business-like manner.
One of the men stepped forward, opened the door to reveal three boys crawled up, all asleep and still dressed in their sport wears and sport boots.
"Where are the others?" He asked.
"What others?" The man blurted out the first thing that crossed his lips.
"You said you are bringing five boys over, why three?" Danny asked calmly.
"Have you paid for those three? Another of the five men asked.
Danny Lovato stopped in his tracks, suprise written all over his face.
"Are you serious?" He laughed.
"Of course, I am. Pay for the three." The man replied.
Danny Lovato walked away from the vehicle towards the man who took two quick steps backward.
"Are you asking me to pay?" Danny asked. "Like, I should pay before seeing the goods, before accessing them?" he took a step closer. The man in question took two backwards. "Have you forgotten your root? You still belong here in case you don't know. We made you a man here and sent you into the world to catch them young. What's giving you the guts to ask me for money?" Danny took two steps, the man who was now trembling took four backwards. Now he was standing just a step in front of the wall.
"Every outside assignment you embark on, the pay is regarded as bonus to your basic salary. Have you seen me give out brown envelopes before?" This time, Danny had closed in on him.
"Sorry boss. He is new in the system." One of the men, the biggest and obviously the leader said.
"So?" Danny glared at him.
"Sorry sir." He bowed.
"Who recruited him?" Danny asked.
"I did." The big man replied.
Danny kept quiet for a minute, looking from one man to the other, his brain working sharply.
"Lock him up." He said to the other three men and without another word, they seized the big man's hands and without struggle, he was led into the building.
"I love your courage. You'll take the place of the man who recruited you." Danny said placing his hand on the new man's shoulder. "Come with me." He tapped him and lef the way into the building.
------------------------------------------
After several futile attempt to chase down the driver of the CRV who was now alone in the car and probably get words out of him about Clara's whereabout and that of the boy, the team of private investigators succeeded in chasing the young man behind the wheels until he ran into a three on the outskirt of the village and the loss of blood and lack of medical attention made him give up the ghost after five minutes.
The team of private investigators were now saddled with the responsibility of finding Clara and the little boy, because the last call the team leader from Mark, it was clearly said that the boy must be found, or else... He left the words hanging and allowed him complete it with thatever threat he could think of.
-------
"Chris, what's going on? Are they anywhere near us?" Clara asked a horror strickened Chris who was looking out through a window and Clara through another.
"No Aunty. They just walked past this place." Chris replied referring to the hut they were hiding in. The hut belonged to an old woman who age couldn't be anything less than ninety. "Aunty, why are you doing this? Why are they chasing us?" He asked.
Clara smiled, he had a lie already cooked and ready to be served hot.
"Its your mum. I told her I was going to take to your father, but she refused. That was why she sent those men to kidnap you and these ones after us." Clara explained.
"But, why did you tie my hands and legs?" He asked.
"I was afraid you'll shout that I kidnapped you. Am sorry for that. Its all for the best." Clara replied.
"For the best?... Yeah it is." Chris stuttered. "But I am going to meet my father right?" He asked.
"He can't wait to meet you sef." Clara replied.
"Wow! I can't wait too." He said happily, throwing his fist into the air.
Clara returned to her position, back turned on Chris as she looked out of the window. Chris silently stood up and walked to the door where he picked a club which stood just behind the door. He walked silently to where Clara was and just before Clara could see him coming, he flung the big stick which hit Clara on the head and she fell to the ground in pain.
"Chris, why are you doing this?" Clara asked, but her question was met with another hit from the stick.

--tbc--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2015
--continuation--
"What do you take me for?" Chris asked quietly as he took a step towards Clara.
"I don't understand." Clara said.
"You can't understand, why will you?" Chris replied. "You are taking me to my father and you are recieving calls from Mayor. Is Mayor my father?"
"He is in charge of everything. Your dad gave the job to him." Clara replied.
"Aunty, stop lying. I hate it." Chris said. "Mayor is in charge of everything and he was telling of not wanting to have anything to do with you again. He didn't even ask about the boy? Isn't he aware that I am here? And why should my dad put someone in charge of bringing me to him? Can't he just meet with my mum?" Chris poured out.
Clara wanted to talk, but her energy failed her. She was suprised that all the training she underwent as a non commissioned female trainee, she could be brought to the ground by a thirteen year old boy.
"I'll leave you here and believe me, you'll be arrested for kidnap." Chris said hitting her once again. This time on the arm and shoulder before he ran out of the house in search of help.
After running for close to two three minutes, he saw them, about ten men were standing afar off conversing. He ran towards them waving his hands. He flung himself on the first man he recognized very well.
"Chris, is that you?" Collins asked as he held the boy tightly.
"Yes it is me. She is there." chris replied pointing the dirction in which he had come.
"Are you okay?" The men asked in unison.
"I am perfectly okay. She is there." He said.
No one was paying attention to whatever he was saying. The most important thing was the fact that he was fine and unhurt.
Mark walked up to him, tapped his shoulder.
"Uncle." Chris flung himself at Mark's muscular body.
"Call me Mark." Mark said as he led him away from the chattering men.
"How did you get here?" Mark asked.
"Aunty Clara kidnapped me. She is still there." Chris replied.
"Where?" Mark asked a little loudly.
His loud voice caught the attention of the chattering men who looked in their direction.
"Mark, any problem?" Collins asked.
"None for now." He replied as he led Chris further away from within their earshot.
"Where is she? Clara." Mark asked.
"Inside one of the huts." Chris replied.
"Can you take me there?"
"Sure." Chris replied.
Immediately, Chris led the way back towards where he had come and Mark after a few words with the other men, they all followed Chris.
After a minute of running and walking, Chris came to a halt in front of several houses. The men behind him stopped, waiting for him to make the move, point to a hut and leave the rest to them, but a confused Chris looked back at them and said nothing.
A strong hand was wrapped around his shoulder.
"What's going on boy?" Mark asked.
"I am confused. All the houses look alike. But am sure she is inside one of them." Chris replied.
"Do you take us for fools? You are confused? You mean in just five minute, you forgot the house from where you came out?" Collin's voice thundered from within the other group of men.
Chris looked at Collins with a am-disappointed-in-you-look, but he said nothing.
"Calm down Collins. He is just a boy and you don't expect him to at the same time while he is trying to escape from danger, he can't at the same time take cognisance of his environment. His safety is more important than identifying his abductors or wherever he was held up." Mark explained.
"So, what's going to happen now?" Collins asked.
"We search every house around." Mark replied. "Are you sure the house is here?" He turned to Chris.
"Yes Uncle." Chris replied.
And a minute later, every man had entered a house each and after minutes of fruitless search, they all converged outside once again.
"She is gone."
Chris felt his head go blank like was floating on water or suspended in the air. With his eyes closed, he searched for something to hold onto in a bid to steady himself, but there was none. He breathe in the last of air and breathe it out before falling to the ground and passed out.
"Chris!" Everyone exclaimed as they scrambled to put him in the car.

END OF CHAPTER 9
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2015
like mother like son....the brave Chris..... d9ty7 those four updates are nice startup for the gubernatorial election....so thrilling

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (112) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.