Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Help Decipher This Poem - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Help Decipher This Poem (4408 Views)

This Poem Will Change Your Life Right Away; It Empowered Nelson Mandela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
Fenn's poem

Forrest Fenn was diagnosed with cancer in 1988. He came up with the idea during this illness to create a bronze chest full of treasure for anyone to go find. He filled the chest with "treasure"containing gold nuggets, rare coins, jewelry and gemstones, along with a jar holding his autobiography. He intended to hide it and die in the wilderness, with the treasure as a legacy.

However, he survived his illness and waited until he was 79 or 80 to hide the treasure.

This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine
clues that if followed precisely will allegedly lead
to the treasure.

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
I humbly request the aid of all Nairalanders

Timpaker Yuzjet Buqqui Qaisar Firestar Noble4d Reyginus Royver Texanomaly Joseph1832 Gottoboy Oma4u etc
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Qaisar1: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Timpaker Yusjet Buqqui Qaisar Firestar Noble4d Reyginus Royver Texanomaly Joseph1832 Gottoboy Oma4u etc

...cc Everestdebliu , standd

1 Like

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Xslaze3xd(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
u wan find the qold
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
u wan find the qold

not really sire
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
What is This thread About? This thread is for
and about those adventurous individuals
searching for Forrest Fenn’s hidden treasure.
I am hoping we can share our adventures
and ideas because, as Forrest has pointed
out, the thrill is in the chase (not in the
capture). But first a little background for
those who are not yet familiar with Forrest’s
hidden treasure.

Who is Forrest Fenn? In a nutshell, Forrest Fenn lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico where he started an art gallery, raised a family, collects artifacts, writes books and made a fortune. He has hidden aproximately a million dollars of his fortune in gold and gems in an old world, bronze chest pictured to the left (he paid $25K for the chest alone).

The whole shebang is said to weigh about 42lbs and much of the gold is collector’s gold, meaning that its worth much more than the face value of gold alone because of its historical importance. For instance, an ancient Aztec golden amulet is worth much more than the current value of its weight in gold because it is unique, unusual, sought after, special, etc.

That’s crazy! Maybe…Forrest is not a traditional thinker tied to conventional ways of getting things done. If he were, his life would be dull, commonplace, mundane, boring. Instead, his life has been anything but humdrum. He has made his fortune and his reputation by thinking, creating and trading well beyond the bell curve. The hidden treasure is another way for Forrest
to enjoy life. In my humble opinion he looks forward to capable individuals out there trying to out-think him and locate his treasure. Its a contest for him. Forrest versus the rest of the world and the winner gets to keep a million dollars. To meet Forrest is to stand in the presence of a very smart, competent and competitive fellow. Someone will most certainly find his treasure chest…why not you?…or preferably me? wink

Who can go after his treasure? Anyone
and everyone is invited to go out and look for Forrest’s treasure chest. Even his family because no one knows where its hidden except him. When you find it, Forrest says that “its yours to keep”. How’s that for a “shovel ready” program that will put folks back to work?

Where do I start looking? There are three or possibly four essential items that will help you find where the treasure chest is hidden. Forrest wrote a poem which contains nine clues and is supposed to lead us directly to the treasure. He has published the poem on his website and it has appeared in a number of news stories about
the hidden treasure. You can find his poem at the top of this page, dats d poem posted by Jigs. Forrest also wrote a memoir, The Thrill of the Chase, which is a beautiful hard cover book with plenty of pictures and lots of possible additional hints to where the treasure chest is hidden. It’s available for $35 through Collected Works Bookstore in Santa Fe, New Mexico. There are also additional hints and clues Forrest has handed out since the hunt
began back in 2010. Finally, we have been able to get additional information via email exchanges between Forrest and many who have been searching and taken the time to write him. I hope this thread will become a source of information about the treasure and where you can begin your search.

[url=dalneitzel.com/] Hints Credit Goes to[/url]

2 Likes

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Timpaker Yuzjet Buqqui Qaisar Firestar Noble4d Reyginus Royver Texanomaly Joseph1832 Gottoboy Oma4u etc

This will be a great search for everyone. For uur information, millions of people are in the hunt for the hidden treasure too to the exten that Forrest Fenn Website crashed today because of the traffic.

Let's do it. wink

.....continued hints from my post above!
Caution! There are plenty of speculators,
naysayers and misinformed individuals out there including reporters and journalists who have added inaccuracy and conjecture to the trove of hints and clues floating around out in the ether. This is inevitible. As the story is passed from person to person it begins to grow and be embellished and before you know it the facts are hard to find. In truth, what Forrest has said over and over is that only the poem and what he has written in the book contain honest hints and
clues that will lead to the treasure…ignore the words that others have put in his mouth. I learned this the hard way.

More caution! Forrest himself is a master of the double entendre. He chooses his words very deliberately. More than once I have run off suffering from the belief that I had brilliant new information about where the gold is hidden… In fact, I did not pay close enough attention to the precision of his words. He specializes in letting you believe something he never said. (I told you
he is clever).

Another place to look for clues. One other source of reliable information is Forrest’s blog which is on his Old Sante Fe Trading Company website. He occasionally writes about the hidden treasure and in his writings you might just find the puzzle piece you were looking for that will lead you to the treasure. Anyone interested in the treasure should read his website from front to back. Not only will it give you a pretty good picture of just who Forrest is and why he is legend but his real-life stories are entertaining and witty.

[url=dalneitzel.com/] Hints Credit Goes to[/url]

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
I am here! I believe we need the aid of Robert Langdon. grin grin grin
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
joseph1832:
I am here! I believe we need the aid of Robert Langdon. grin grin grin

this is similar to Jack Sauniere's
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
somebody say something
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
JigsawKillah:

this is similar to Jack Sauniere's
Sauniere's riddle using Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man was not a poem. However this is similar to Bentrand Zobrist's using Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy and Boticelli's Map of Hell.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Royver(m): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
Its a waterfall.
Its a place close to his house. He went there alone which means its an easy climb even for an 80yr old, but he buried it in a precarious place with a good view. A ledge. Or a big piece of rock. A place where the warm waters from the water fall/halt on the rock. The treasure will be found under a huge boulder that is just below a water fall. Standing on that boulder will give a beautiful view but it is also a dangerous place to be.
The location of the treasure is not far from his home in new mexico, they should look at the town history for the name of a piece of land with a waterfall owned by the "Browns".

solved. next.

p.s. don't look for the blogs where the riddle is being investigated. those white folk are confusing themselves.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
Royver do warm waters halt in a waterfall? The waters from any waterfall is cold not warm.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by yuzjet(m): 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
Royver:
Its a waterfall.
Its a place close to his house. He went there alone which means its an easy climb even for an 80yr old, but he buried it in a precarious place with a good view. A ledge. Or a big piece of rock. A place where the warm waters from the water fall/halt on the rock. The treasure will be found under a huge boulder that is just below a water fall. Standing on that boulder will give a beautiful view but it is also a dangerous place to be.
The location of the treasure is not far from his home in new mexico, they should look at the town history for the name of a piece of land with a waterfall owned by the "Browns".

solved. next.

p.s. don't look for the blogs where the riddle is being investigated. those white folk are confusing themselves.

Shall we now go to New Mexico?
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Royver(m): 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Royver do warm waters halt in a waterfall? The waters from any waterfall is cold not warm.
Not if the waterfall is always exposed to the rays of the sun, so a waterfall facing the east.
there are no geysers near fenn's place. he hid it close to home.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Royver(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
yuzjet:

dunno. the op should answer the question.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2015
Royver:

Not if the waterfall is always exposed to the rays of the sun, so a waterfall facing the east.
there are no geysers near fenn's place. he hid it close to home.
Are there also cataracts and rapids near fenn's home?.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Sauniere's riddle using Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man was not a poem. However this is similar to Bentrand Zobrist's using Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy and Boticelli's Map of Hell.

I remember the vitruvian man, I meant his poems have double entendres
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 11:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
Royver:
Its a waterfall.

solved. next.

this is just too easy I think
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
yuzjet:

are you asking me?
I still remember who owns this idea tho
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
JigsawKillah:

I remember the vitruvian man, I meant his poems have double entendres
Noted. I still believe we need Robert Langdon to assist with this poem. grin
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
JigsawKillah:

I concur. But sometimes things are really that easy. The first thing we should ask ourselves, is there any place on Earth where warm waters meet?.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by JigsawKillah(m): 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
joseph1832:
I concur. But sometimes things are really that easy. The first thing we should ask ourselves, is there any place on Earth where warm waters meet?.

where warm waters halt

and it's no place for the meek
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 11:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
JigsawKillah:

where warm waters halt

Noted.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by AbuMikey(m): 12:31am On Feb 26, 2015
I think I've successfully deciphered the Poem, and can explain exactly, within 20 Meters of where the Chest is.

I'm Serious Here.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Royver(m): 12:37am On Feb 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Are there also cataracts and rapids near fenn's home?.
not that i know of. and if there were it wouldnt follow with the riddle.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Royver(m): 12:38am On Feb 26, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Not really. Its just that I'm a genius.(serious face)

1 Like

Re: Help Decipher This Poem by Royver(m): 12:40am On Feb 26, 2015
JigsawKillah:

where warm waters halt

exactly.
the warm waters don't meet. they halt.
and it is indeed no place for the meek. very precarious.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 12:53am On Feb 26, 2015
Royver:

not that i know of. and if there were it wouldnt follow with the riddle.
Are you so sure?.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by joseph1832(m): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2015
AbuMikey:
I think I've successfully deciphered the Poem, and can explain exactly, within 20 Meters of where the Chest is.

I'm Serious Here.
Okay let's hear your thoughts.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:59am On Feb 26, 2015
I think the treasure. Inside water. Under the brown sands.
Just get the treasure and move on.
Re: Help Decipher This Poem by AbuMikey(m): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2015
Lets just say, there is a Small lake, where direct sunlight meets the waters, is the 'where warm waters halt'

Just after the lake, there should be a canyon just after it, take it down, its a long trekking distance wink

The Home of Brown come across to Me as a place where there is a lot of Brown sand.

From there, only the strong willed can continue the Journey, as the end comes ever close.

No need getting a Kayak boat, 'cos of High waters and maybe haphazard rocky insitu on the pathway.

As You move, there is a white Mark on the bark of a Tree of Rock, when You see it, look down, there You go, the Chest, go with it.

And bring My Share.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before I Self Destruct (psycho) / This Is For Dat Texas Girl: 2 Fine4u ! / The Cry Of An Orphan (poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.